to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Borderlands 2 review: Huge scale and loot addiction paper ov

Your comments on our articles.

Brilliant central mechanic keeps things ticking over

Borderlands 2 was made in Dallas, it will surprise no one to discover. The grindy first-person shooter is obsessed with guns, does a nicely textured line in abrasive toilet humour, and is in love with giant things, most obviously itself. Short of wearing a ten-gallon hat and slapping its thigh, it's the ultimate expression of the state in videogame form.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Borderlands 2 review: Huge scale and loot addiction paper ov

Postby flyfletch » 18 Sep 2012, 07:47

Cant wait! Hopefully will get this on Thursday, Shopto have a habit of getting it to you early :) If anyone wants to team up online for a blast at this add me on live: Flyfletch :)
flyfletch 70

Xbox Live: Flyfletch
PSN ID: FlyFletch

Re: Borderlands 2 review: Huge scale and loot addiction pape

Postby illage2 » 18 Sep 2012, 08:11

Getting this on Friday from Amazon. Shame we in the UK have to wait until the very last :'(
ImageImage
illage2 53

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby illage2 » 18 Sep 2012, 08:13

flyfletch wrote:Cant wait! Hopefully will get this on Thursday, Shopto have a habit of getting it to you early :) If anyone wants to team up online for a blast at this add me on live: Flyfletch :)

On Thursday .... you're taking a big risk, you could be banned from Xbox/PS3 if your caught playing it before it's release.
ImageImage
illage2 53

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby MrPirtniw » 18 Sep 2012, 08:35

I wouldn't worry- I managed to get Gears 3 early from Shopto- that actually came up with a 'congratulations you've managed to get your copy early' message when I booted it up.
With any luck I too will be playing it thursday... :P
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby darry » 18 Sep 2012, 08:36

enables you tosee friends playing the gameand

Impressive proximity!
darry 54

Postby kirankara » 18 Sep 2012, 08:47

Mixed reviews so far on this, ranging from good to amazing. Never played original, so might try that first to see if I want pay full price for this.
FIFA out at similar time, so only one winner I'm afraid
kirankara 57

Postby karkify » 18 Sep 2012, 08:59

I look forward to seeing a "bazillion" pre-owned copies in Game by next week, due to it being an FPS with massive hype behind it. All those poor FPS kids will buy into it, not realising it's not your typical shooter. A bit like Skyrim. :lol:

Here's hoping it's better this time around. I loved the first, sure, but the atmosphere and story were practically non-existent. Also, no more giant space blobs for and end game boss please :)
karkify 50

Postby RustySpoon80 » 18 Sep 2012, 09:00

Can someone tell me how this compares to games such as Fallout? Is this more of a shooter or does it still have the story and RPG elements?
With the original on PS+ now I suppose I should really give it a go. Just too many games to get through.
RustySpoon80 55

Postby budge » 18 Sep 2012, 09:08

Because i've yet to finish Borderlands and the fact that i'm badly in need of the new PES, i'll get this at a later date. By then it will hopefully be cheaper and ironed out of any early bugs. :)

I'm playing catch up with a lot of games at the mo (Darksiders 2, Journey, The Walking Dead eps) but it's a good thing. Better on the funds and i'll always have back-up in a lull. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby IbanezLewis » 18 Sep 2012, 09:36

illage2 wrote:
flyfletch wrote:Cant wait! Hopefully will get this on Thursday, Shopto have a habit of getting it to you early :) If anyone wants to team up online for a blast at this add me on live: Flyfletch :)

On Thursday .... you're taking a big risk, you could be banned from Xbox/PS3 if your caught playing it before it's release.
It doesn't work like that. You don't just get banned for playing a game a day or two early, it's only if it's something like over a week, and they ask you for proof of purchase and the shop you get it from, etc. So to all those getting the game on Thursday, PLAY AWAY!
IbanezLewis 55

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 18 Sep 2012, 09:59

I did not like the first but must admit I loikethe look of this and the reviews are pretty good so I'll pick it up, somehow reminds me of Rage, as someone said I don't think I'll have to wait too long for a 2nd hand one.
KK-Headcharge78 61

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby Currychips » 18 Sep 2012, 11:17

Pre-ordered with 3 of my mates about 2 months ago now.
We are very much looking forward to this for the loot, shooting and social aspect!

If it wasn't for the 4 player co-op I don't think I'd have bothered. Love the art style as well.

It should keep me busy this weekend anyway!

Great review guys.
Do you want Chilli on that?
Currychips 48

Xbox Live: Mr Cheesefinger
PSN ID: westypie

Postby Bright-Light » 18 Sep 2012, 12:00

RustySpoon80 wrote:Can someone tell me how this compares to games such as Fallout? Is this more of a shooter or does it still have the story and RPG elements?
With the original on PS+ now I suppose I should really give it a go. Just too many games to get through.

There is similarities with fallouy but onyl really in the feel, and look of the world. a wasteland with bandits and wildlife that want to kick your face in.

It is mainly a shooter, some small rpg elements like a skill tree and open worldness.

I would defo give it a go, i only started the 1st one last week and im really enjoying myself.
Bright-Light 47

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 18 Sep 2012, 12:12

IbanezLewis wrote:
illage2 wrote:
It doesn't work like that. You don't just get banned for playing a game a day or two early, it's only if it's something like over a week, and they ask you for proof of purchase and the shop you get it from, etc. So to all those getting the game on Thursday, PLAY AWAY!

Even then its not. I've managed to get advanced copies of games before and had absolutely no problems at all. So long as its out somewhere in the world and is playable on your machine by conventiaonal means then you won't get banned.

I had an asian copy of Lost Odyssey months before it was out in the UK and i never got banned.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby MPH » 18 Sep 2012, 13:06

illage2 wrote:

It won't happen. I've played plenty of games early and I've never been banned. Besides it's not the gamers fault for a game being sold early. If the average joe walked into a games shop on a Wednesday and saw a new game on the shelves that wasn't out until Friday, but he didn't know this, should he be banned from playing it early?
MPH 53

Next