Nights into Dreams and Sonic Adventure 2 dated, priced

Your comments on our articles.

HD remakes launching next month for £6.49 apiece

Sega has confirmed release dates and pricing for the HD remakes of Nights into Dreams and Sonic Adventure 2.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Nights into Dreams and Sonic Adventure 2 dated, priced

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 17 Sep 2012, 16:50

Think i'm going to hold off getting any of these three. Chances are they'll be on a disc in a couple of months for less.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Re: Nights into Dreams and Sonic Adventure 2 dated, priced

Postby Mahzes » 17 Sep 2012, 17:05

Do we know if we'll be getting them in the UK on these days as well? I'm hoping it is the case, it just seems a little odd since the UK XBLA usually updates on a Wednesday is all.
Mahzes 36
New user

Postby Tivan » 17 Sep 2012, 17:09

These are UK release dates, so PS3 gets the games a few days earlier on the Wednesday (on Tuesday 2 in the US), before they hit 360 on the Friday
Tivan
CVG Staff

Postby TechnoWolf » 17 Sep 2012, 17:33

aw why do we have to pay extra for the SA2B X(
TechnoWolf 61

Postby sevvybgoode » 17 Sep 2012, 17:42

NiGHTS is day one for me. My favourite game of all time with repackaged graphics and the Christmas NiGHTS as a free addition... Onky downside is the sheer badness of the ps3 pad in comparison to the saturns analogue masterpiece.

Sonic adventure 2 can do one though, ive got it on the dreamcast if i ever want to play it. I really hope the skies or arcadia and powerstone rumours are true though...

If were going to get some saturn rereleases then Panzer Dragoon Saga would be at the top of a very long list. Add in Dragon Force, Burning Rangers and Fighters Megamix in HD and ill be very happy indeed.
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby mirage 5x5 » 17 Sep 2012, 17:50

COOL SONIC ADVENTURE 2 DAY ONE FOR ME :D :D :D :D
now i know Christmas Nights is there as well i will get nights as well :D :D
good prices as well thank you Sega :D :D
mirage 5x5 45

Postby Jingee » 17 Sep 2012, 18:41

Any news on a Steam release?
Jingee 51

Postby shadowsblaze » 17 Sep 2012, 18:54

sevvybgoode wrote:NiGHTS is day one for me. My favourite game of all time with repackaged graphics and the Christmas NiGHTS as a free addition... Onky downside is the sheer badness of the ps3 pad in comparison to the saturns analogue masterpiece.

Sonic adventure 2 can do one though, ive got it on the dreamcast if i ever want to play it. I really hope the skies or arcadia and powerstone rumours are true though...

If were going to get some saturn rereleases then Panzer Dragoon Saga would be at the top of a very long list. Add in Dragon Force, Burning Rangers and Fighters Megamix in HD and ill be very happy indeed.

Agree with all of them, but would also include all 3 parts of Shining Force 3. Loved the first part and was bitterly disappointed that the next 2 parts were only released in Japan. Would be nice to see them re-released and localised.
shadowsblaze 55

Postby sevvybgoode » 17 Sep 2012, 19:14

shadowsblaze wrote:
sevvybgoode wrote:NiGHTS is day one for me. My favourite game of all time with repackaged graphics and the Christmas NiGHTS as a free addition... Onky downside is the sheer badness of the ps3 pad in comparison to the saturns analogue masterpiece.

Agree with all of them, but would also include all 3 parts of Shining Force 3. Loved the first part and was bitterly disappointed that the next 2 parts were only released in Japan. Would be nice to see them re-released and localised.

Good shout... People always tak about the ps1s rpg library in hushed tones but the saturn also had some screamers. Lunar, magic knight rayearth and sakura taisen could also be added to that list. Grandia was fantastic and is already available on psn but the sequel could also do with a hd makeover. Completed it on the dreamcast only for the game to crash on the final boss cutscene also scrambling my save file. Thank god for youtube or i would never have seen the ending to that game!
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby ladycroft142 » 17 Sep 2012, 19:52

Always wanted to play Nights, but I might hold off for a bit to see if it appears as a freebie on PlayStation Plus :)
ladycroft142 46

Xbox Live: LadyLuck142
PSN ID: ladycroft142

Postby BeansOnToast » 17 Sep 2012, 20:33

I'm looking forward to Nights Into Dreams, since I missed it the first time around on the Sega Saturn.
BeansOnToast 30

Postby G00N3R » 17 Sep 2012, 21:24

Jingee wrote:Any news on a Steam release?

I would totally buy Nights on Steam.
G00N3R 50

Postby Dannyb0yUK » 17 Sep 2012, 23:11

Nights is day one for me. I can't wait for that deflated feeling when it doesn't live up to my cherished memories!
Let's just discuss, not fight.
Dannyb0yUK 37

Postby MrPirtniw » 18 Sep 2012, 00:23

Dannyb0yUK wrote:Nights is day one for me. I can't wait for that deflated feeling when it doesn't live up to my cherished memories!

:lol: Been a looooong time since I played this back in the good ol' Saturn days. Maybe it won't live up to expectations but I am sure it'll be really refreshing to play. Games like Nights are few and far between- back when Sega(and Sonic Team) were good, they were really, really good. ... Sonic Adventure 2 can swivel on it though.

This, JSR, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Powerstone 2 and the Panzer Dragoon series are at the top of my most wanted list. MOAR!
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 18 Sep 2012, 01:32

Hmmmmm

Unusual for xbox live games to be posted on a friday, with the american date set for the 2nd and the uk set for the 3rd when the store updates im wondering if this is going to be a suprise PS PLUS game for the ps3, hence why it ties in with the dates both plus updates are due in their respective countries.

Nights whilst popular with the core crowd is not the big seller out of Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure 2 and Sega are always giving games away free on ps plus so maybe theres something to this.

Having Christmas Nights included is also a superb bonus, im sure i will pick Nights up straight away considering the HD update will be a huge improvement on the graphics of the original, jet set radio looked great anyway and Sonic Adventure 2 can suck my balls.

As someone also said they will all be bundled onto a disc come january for 14.95 just like another set of re-released sega games recently.

Still cant work out a friday update for the xbox, maybe the developers are looking to move digital release dates to a friday like main releases to try to give them bigger status.

Somethings up
Megatrons_Fury 51

Next