to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

'There are way too many cheaters online'

Your comments on our articles.

Miscreants ruining the beautiful game

On this week's mailbox we've got an e-mail from Jonathan Elsby, who is having some issues with online gaming due to cheaters.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

'There are way too many cheaters online'

Postby illage2 » 15 Sep 2012, 17:55

Yeah CoD, BF3 and pretty much every other online Multiplayer will have cheaters. It all depends on the developers do about them, for example R* have created a "cheaters pool" where if someone is caught cheating, they can only play with other cheaters.
ImageImage
illage2 52

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Re: 'There are way too many cheaters online'

Postby freds1 » 15 Sep 2012, 18:31

Don't know why they do it really, they didn't win due their own skill, which would give them a far greater sense of achievement you would think. No, they had to resort to cheating to "win". I consider that losing.
No need to be careful what you wish for, you probably won't get it.
freds1 55

Postby Lady Gagagged » 15 Sep 2012, 20:56

hen I played CoD 4 online I was s**t at it.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Barry316 » 15 Sep 2012, 21:02

I think they prefer to be called Southerners, CVG.
Death to Ming!
Barry316 64

Postby rbt2 » 15 Sep 2012, 21:14

Barry316 wrote:I think they prefer to be called Southerners, CVG.

I believe we prefer to call ourselves 'non-Lidl shoppers.'

Ackchewally.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby CrispyLog » 15 Sep 2012, 22:06

I got banned form a couple Counter-Strike servers back in the day because of my leet skills which some people mistook for hacks. I mean headshotting someone round the corner whilst flashbanged sounds hard, but when it's on Office and you know where the flashbang came from and you have the layout and distances of every map imprinted in your mind, it's not impossible.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 73

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 15 Sep 2012, 22:26

Cheating comes in many forms, we have glitchers/hackers, bad losers, quitters and those who work with others to expoit game flaws and it is a big problem, paricularly with older games that no longer have the watchful eye of the dev team on them.
Glitchers or hackers are the worst imo, materially altering a game to suit their own selfish needs and spoiling it for everyone else, they can f**k off and die for me. For example COD4 and WAW are totally f**ked online now, MW2 is not far behind and the question comes well should they still be sorting these problems out. For me any game that still has it's servers on online should be fully supported, it's the same with GTA, Red Dead, MOH and older FIFA's.

Bad losers and quitters are next in line with games such as FIFA being highly problematic online with sad gits quitting because they are losing or pointlessly pausing the game or watching every bloody replay just to rile you. SF4 has a good system in that it tells you how much your soon to be opponent has quit, soon leaving them a martyr if they don't sort it out, I'm glad to see other games have this more too.

Rockstars cheat pool is a great idea, it can't be hard to punish cheaters surely? I want them life banned or at least have their stats reset or be unable to use certain modes for an amount of time, not for the bad loser or quitting stuff that can be more even handedly sorted but glitchers and hacks are scum end of in my eyes, devs should eliminate the glitch and then take action.

Currently own: PS4, PS3, PS2, Vita, Wii, Xbox 360, NES, SNES, Megadrive
KK-Headcharge78 60

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby TheDragonDoji » 16 Sep 2012, 00:16

This dude should avoid Battlefield 3 then. About 70% of the time playing on private servers I'll get kicked by an admin for being top of the board or basically killing the admin repeatedly. I always send a 'Hahahahahaaaahahahahaha!' message to them and they *NEVER* respond.

Bunch o'mewling pussies.
"You fight well...in the 'old 'style."
TheDragonDoji 43

PSN ID: TheDragonDoji

Postby Mega » 16 Sep 2012, 04:33

TheDragonDoji wrote: Bunch o'mewling pussies.

The SIlicon Rule : Don't Feed Trolls
Mega 2

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 16 Sep 2012, 07:06

It will never end no matter what people do to stop it, so stop moaning.
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 38

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Postby flyfletch » 16 Sep 2012, 09:42

I love playing MW3 and BF3 online, but i do it less and less lately, simply because i die so much, now i know i may not be the best at it, but when im shooting someone and they DONT die and i do having been shooting them for longer than they have been shooting me, i start thinking something untoward is going on.

The other thing that f**ks me right off are campers, WTF is that all about?? How is that enjoyable?? Or finding a glitch and hiding inside a f**king rock all day (MW2) knowing no one else can kill you, BASTARDS!!!........Needed to get that off my chest! Please excuse the swearing! lol ;)
Go ahead and add me on PS3, 360 & Wii U, please note! Weirdo's will be blocked immediately :)
flyfletch 68

Xbox Live: Flyfletch
PSN ID: FlyFletch
Wii Code: Wii U code Fletch76
Steam: Flyfletch1976

Postby illage2 » 16 Sep 2012, 09:47

I think the problem people have is knowing the difference between what is cheating, and what is actually annoying.

For example, Camping while annoying is not actually cheating.

However someone who is disrupting the connection on purpose is cheating.
Someone who kicks someone from a server for being the best is cheating.... it's called boosting.

Kicking someone from a game to make room for your friends isn't cheating, it's Team Stacking.

What amazes me is that developers (Especially Ininfity Ward and Treyarch) boast about how they ban cheaters, yet they actually don't. At least R* has the courage to do something about the cheaters.

Cheating in Single player games however is a completely different topic.
ImageImage
illage2 52

Postby illage2 » 16 Sep 2012, 09:51

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Cheating comes in many forms, we have glitchers/hackers, bad losers, quitters and those who work with others to expoit game flaws and it is a big problem, paricularly with older games that no longer have the watchful eye of the dev team on them.
Glitchers or hackers are the worst imo, materially altering a game to suit their own selfish needs and spoiling it for everyone else, they can f**k off and die for me. For example COD4 and WAW are totally f**ked online now, MW2 is not far behind and the question comes well should they still be sorting these problems out. For me any game that still has it's servers on online should be fully supported, it's the same with GTA, Red Dead, MOH and older FIFA's.

Bad losers and quitters are next in line with games such as FIFA being highly problematic online with sad gits quitting because they are losing or pointlessly pausing the game or watching every bloody replay just to rile you. SF4 has a good system in that it tells you how much your soon to be opponent has quit, soon leaving them a martyr if they don't sort it out, I'm glad to see other games have this more too.

Rockstars cheat pool is a great idea, it can't be hard to punish cheaters surely? I want them life banned or at least have their stats reset or be unable to use certain modes for an amount of time, not for the bad loser or quitting stuff that can be more even handedly sorted but glitchers and hacks are scum end of in my eyes, devs should eliminate the glitch and then take action.
ImageImage
illage2 52

Postby sonic_uk » 16 Sep 2012, 11:07

I don't play online much at all, and on the rare occasion when I do its always with people I know in a private match/lobby which is because I don't like playing against/with people I don't know and I can't stand cheaters - there's just no point in playing as you're not really competing. I must admit though even when I did play online against others I have encountered very few incidents where it was obvious someone was cheating. I find they tend to stick with the most popular games (Cod, Battlefield) and I only play them in Single Player mode only as I have absolutely no interest in online in those games.
Own...Xbox360(Slim), Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, Xbox360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 53

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 16 Sep 2012, 11:18

Yep, unfortunately until there are proper punishments for cheaters then they will continue to do it. I was playing PES a few years back and losing 3-1 with 70 minutes played. I then performed the come back of a life time, scoring 4 goals in 15 minutes to be leading 5-3. With 5 minutes left, the absolute jeb-end I was playing quit the game, tarnishing what would have been a fantastic personal performance for me.
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 72

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Next