to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

OPINION: Angry Bayonetta fans should calm down and welcome t

Your comments on our articles.

A sequel with Nintendo is better than none at all, argues Nick Cowen

One of the many announcements made this week regarding the Wii U - along with its price, release date and the fact that Mario games will continue well into the next century - was the news that one of its exclusive titles will be Bayonetta 2. This means if you're one of the gamers interested in playing the sequel to Hideki Kamiya's excellent fighting title, then you may find yourself having to buy a brand new console.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

OPINION: Angry Bayonetta fans should calm down and welcome t

Postby a_adji » 14 Sep 2012, 17:29

For once CVG crew, I applaud you and your words in what I think is disgusting behaviour by a bunch of idiots over a game.
A game that not many supported at that.

If it was GTA or COD I may begin to understand but not to this type of degree.
a_adji 46

Re: OPINION: Angry Bayonetta fans should calm down and welco

Postby TheLastDodo » 14 Sep 2012, 17:50

Never understood the mentality of the death threat brigade but then I don't understand people saying "fuk you EA" on a random gaming forum as 1. EA aren't going to read it and 2. If you can't spell f**k right then they wouldn't take you seriously even if they were reading.

I can absolutely understand fans been p**sed off at this news but that's as far it should go if you're of sane mind.

I do respect Platinum as developers and though I'm not a big fan of this (as it means I got to find room for another console plus 300 quid for the Wii U and all the junk they'll include with it), it's been done out of necessity.

Platinum deserve a massive success, hopefully they'll finally get it by partnering with Nintendo.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby plodalong28 » 14 Sep 2012, 18:11

Yeah too right, bunch of weirdos there's a lot more things in this world to get upset about like where the hell is half life 3!! Now that's death threat worthy....JOKE! :-P
plodalong28 51

Postby goggy » 14 Sep 2012, 18:48

plodalong28 wrote:Yeah too right, bunch of weirdos there's a lot more things in this world to get upset about like where the hell is half life 3!! Now that's death threat worthy....JOKE! :-P

Have you not heard!!

Wii u exclusive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby karkify » 14 Sep 2012, 19:17

I can understand where the issues come from. I'd be a bit irritated if one of my favourite games suddenly jumped ship from being multiplat to being a new game on a system relatively similar to the one I already own. The main issue is that they will now have to spend ~£300 to get a single game, rather than £40. If Nintendo hadn't have saved it, it would've most likely ended up appearing on next gen machines at some point, meaning they'd have to pay for a new console anyway.
Personally, I never played the first game, but it makes me sad when a new IP, of such high quality and praise, suddenly dies off because it doesn't sell. Platinum deserve more acclaim than they get, and hopefully, this sells massively on the Wii U, which could lead to it going multiplat, like so many desire.
karkify 50

Postby Balladeer » 14 Sep 2012, 19:23

Nintendo are trying to snap up third-party exclusives. Y'know, the sort of thing everyone was giving them flak for not doing this generation? Every console maker does it. (Plus there's the money thing.)
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Barry316 » 14 Sep 2012, 19:26

I think a lot of people weren't hugged enough in their younger days.

I'm not offering or anything so don't get excited.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby Balladeer » 14 Sep 2012, 19:27

:(
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby tmulford » 14 Sep 2012, 19:46

If it's good and does well then we'll get PS3/360 ports and they'll say it was only a timed exclusive. If it's good, but struggles at retail they'll port it to PS3/360 to increase the audience. Or if the delay is substantial we'll get Bayonetta 2 HD Ultimate GOTY edition on the PS4 and 720.
tmulford 57

Postby IplayVideogames » 14 Sep 2012, 19:59

I can see why people are p**sed off, but the same is true of rayman legends.I loved that game and hoped it'd get a sequel and it did,only I can't play it unless I buy a WiiU (which I may at some point,but not at launch.)The point I'm making is, as much as this is disappointing news, I don't remember seeing us rayman fans get in such a frenzy.
I wish CVG would stop giving Peter Molyneux publicity
IplayVideogames 32

Postby Lady Gagagged » 14 Sep 2012, 20:00

What about us angry Bayonetta haters? The game was an overrated pile of crap, as are all Platinumb titles. If this is a success on the WiiU then there will be an infestation of shockingly bad games being revered.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Clusks » 14 Sep 2012, 20:06

If anything, this is perfect for the Bayonetta series. It's part of the Wii U launch, and since Nintendo are keen to promote the console and shift the thing, they're bound to do their best to promote the game. Hopefully this means it sells well with Nintendo!
Clusks 45

Postby Stryker89 » 14 Sep 2012, 20:07

Lady Gagagged wrote:What about us angry Bayonetta haters? The game was an overrated pile of crap, as are all Platinumb titles. If this is a success on the WiiU then there will be an infestation of shockingly bad games being revered.

You're stating your opinion as if it's some well known fact. I find that so bizarre...
Stryker89 59

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby Lady Gagagged » 14 Sep 2012, 20:22

Stryker89 wrote:
Lady Gagagged wrote:What about us angry Bayonetta haters? The game was an overrated pile of crap, as are all Platinumb titles. If this is a success on the WiiU then there will be an infestation of shockingly bad games being revered.

You're stating your opinion as if it's some well known fact. I find that so bizarre...

If people can get so angry that they'll threaten to kill people over a game I feel I'm justified to talk like a t**t.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby kakah » 14 Sep 2012, 20:35

tmulford wrote:If it's good and does well then we'll get PS3/360 ports and they'll say it was only a timed exclusive. If it's good, but struggles at retail they'll port it to PS3/360 to increase the audience. Or if the delay is substantial we'll get Bayonetta 2 HD Ultimate GOTY edition on the PS4 and 720.

Game is being published by Nintendo so I can't see it going multi-platform. Either buy a Wii U or play the first one again.
kakah 40

Next