to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge video shows Ayane and dismember

Your comments on our articles.

The two best additions to the enhanced Wii U version

Ninja Gaiden 3 is getting a significant upgrade for its appearance on Wii U, and here's a new trailer to demonstrate as such.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge video shows Ayane and dismember

Postby zinaptik » 13 Sep 2012, 20:23

talk to me when they remake the whole game, dismemberment and one Ayane level wont fix a poor game, its an insult to ninja gaiden, few games get worse with each entry but ninja gaiden achieved this 1 was great 2 was ok and 3 was poor.
zinaptik 46

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge video shows Ayane and disme

Postby fuzbuz » 13 Sep 2012, 20:40

Ninja Gaiden Black was, and still is, the best game of its genre. Ninja Gaiden 2 was a good game but it couldn't mach the dizzying heights set by its predecessor. Ninja Gaiden 3 was..........SO s**t!
fuzbuz 42

Postby mattdark » 13 Sep 2012, 21:09

Liking Ayane's costume, better then the robe she had for the orignial version.
(Looks like its based on her default DOA5 costume)
Time to rock n' ruin!
PSN - MattDark86
360 - MattDarkZero
mattdark 50

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby SavageEvil » 14 Sep 2012, 06:41

NG3 like all the others are the same damn game, only in NG3 you don't have multiple weapons to use and no other playable characters and your ninpo has been reduced to something that is bloody useful unlike the trash he had in the previous games. Unlike all the others, this one was repetitive as hell, too many enemies thrown at your for every little section you ran to, it was borderline ridiculous to see that many enemies in one area. Swear you had at least 50+ enemies to dispatch in half a stage easily. I guess because you didn't have all those unique weapons to pound baddies with so it felt incredibly boring to see the same combo animations time and time again. I played all three of the NG games and well they are all the same game, still some super ninja who can't ukemi out of a throw(bothers me to no end every time I get thrown). NG3 is no different from it's predecessors at all, it's the same linear game it's always been, with barely much in the way of variety, just hack and slash from point A to B and that's all really. Door locked, kill everyone in the room and it unlocks...yay! I can block missiles with my sword wtf?!?

So guess what the NG Razor's Edge is basically the exact same formula as its predecessors. Multiple weapons to use and abuse, multiple characters to use and loads of blood and dismemberment. What exactly makes this game any worse than it's predecessors? The simple fact that Ryu's ninpo actually does something useful and worthwhile is a big plus, but this game is still the same hack and slash it ever was. Sure the combos are slightly upgraded still doesn't change the fact that it brings nothing new to the table since the first game. Team Ninja each time drops the ball, NG:Black which was for the PS3 had added bells and whistles in the form of weapons and outfits and another playable character but each main game is the same. NG 2 was a mess, sure it looked great but Ryu was the exact same as the previous game, nothing new about him, still couldn't ukemi out of throws. It's like Team Ninja learned absolutely nothing from the previous games releases. Still look it continues with this upcoming release, adding things that were in the second release of the second iteration in a totally new package, Team Ninja and Tecmo are trolling all those who bought the original NG3. DMC 1,3 and 4 (DMC2 was still born) are better than NG series by a country mile, at least the character grows in those games and gets more versatile, NG is the same stale combat since the first release. People want to complain that NG3 is so bad, oh please have you played the first two original games, they play exactly like NG3 to a "T". Team Ninja should be tarred and feathered for releasing the same game 3 times and then re-releasing the same game 3 times under the same premise. Good luck Tecmo with this one, one day you might actually have Team Ninja do something worthwhile with NG instead of just releasing the same game with a different coat of paint.
SavageEvil 50