to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

LittleBigPlanet Vita review: The best version of LBP on any

Your comments on our articles.

Yes, Sackboy is better on Vita than PS3

Until now, Sony's big games - Uncharted and Resistance - have made some concessions to 'fit' on PlayStation Vita. They've felt like stripped down versions; ports of bigger games. LittleBigPlanet Vita is different. It's using the power and functions of Vita to realise its true potential.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Fr33Kye » 12 Sep 2012, 16:25

f**king knew it.
Fr33Kye 71

Re: LittleBigPlanet Vita review: The best version of LBP on

Postby RavenxPrime » 12 Sep 2012, 16:35

I'm no Sony fanboy, but this is what Sony needs more of for the Vita, If it wants to really take on the 3DS.
RavenxPrime 40

Postby shev » 12 Sep 2012, 16:46

Finally it has come, the main reason why I bought this console. I would probably be fine with just this "one" game for over a year. Even in the beta I couldn't keep up with the endless supply of cleverly designed platform levels, emulation of Lumines, puzzles, pac-man and what-not. I always liked the franchise on the ps3 but unfortunately I never got around to playing it as much as I would have liked. It simply felt like too much of a hazzle to boot up the ps3 imo. The vita version on the other hand felt just perfect. I could boot it up in seconds, anywhere and just have all these levels! The only issue I had during the beta was that the buttons at some places were so tiny that it took literally second(s!!) to press them. Slightly annoying but I really hope they have fixed the UI.

Are we really getting all the 7 million levels from ps3? I thought they had previously denied that this would be possible. Would be really awesome if true though :lol:
shev 46

Postby Cogglesz » 12 Sep 2012, 17:04

I was a fan of LBP 1 but never bothered buying the second one, i had the PSP version which i thought was pretty good but it really lacked in many places, its nice to see its a different story on the Vita, although i don't have one when i do i'll certainly pick this up.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 59

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 12 Sep 2012, 17:06

Great news. I really didn't like the PSP version and therefore couldn't be bothered buying the PS3 ones. If they really delivered a great portable version allowing access to some (if not all) of the UGC created for PS3 it might finally be the gateway drug I needed to come on board the LBP train. I'll check it out.
Stan_Goodspeed 61

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby Lady Gagagged » 12 Sep 2012, 17:12

Cogglesz wrote:I was a fan of LBP 1 but never bothered buying the second one, i had the PSP version which i thought was pretty good but it really lacked in many places, its nice to see its a different story on the Vita, although i don't have one when i do i'll certainly pick this up.

It is free on PSN+ at the moment, LBP2 that is. I loved the first one, not so impressed with 2. I'll get a Vita for this.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby jdconspiracy » 12 Sep 2012, 22:18

Why did Andy mention Killzone when it's announced about a month ago and hasn't been released? Also isn't Gravity Rush already an essential purchase- and the most original and innovative game on the Vita?
jdconspiracy 5
New user

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 12 Sep 2012, 22:27

Awesome! This wasn't even on my radar as I loved the first one on PS3 then when I got the 2nd one I got bored after 30mins as it was more of the same so sold it. For that reason I wasn't interested in this but it's nice to read they've made great use out of the inputs, I'll be picking this up when I get paid then, seems the perfect game for the Vita :D

Btw it seems half of the review is missing.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby procion » 15 Sep 2012, 14:51

jdconspiracy wrote:Why did Andy mention Killzone when it's announced about a month ago and hasn't been released? Also isn't Gravity Rush already an essential purchase- and the most original and innovative game on the Vita?

I think he was iterating sony IPs
jOIN ME ON MY YOUTUBE: rprocyon
"When you say you cannot say it, does that mean you trip over the word..." from Majestic off album u.f.orb
procion 25

Xbox Live: proscyon
PSN ID: procion
Steam: proscyon
Battle.net: theodisc
xFire: procion