Your view: FIFA 13 demo

Your comments on our articles.

Is it evolution or revolution this year? Share your impressions inside

The FIFA 13 demo has started rolling out, featuring 5 playable teams including Arsenal and Manchester City.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Your view: FIFA 13 demo

Postby Wuyunk » 11 Sep 2012, 10:56

NEED. TO. PLAY. D:
Mass Effect fanatic, lover of Tottenham Hotspur!
Wuyunk 26

Xbox Live: Biscuito
PSN ID: Wuyunk
Steam: Biscuito

Re: Your view: FIFA 13 demo

Postby Kutocer » 11 Sep 2012, 11:04

Just been playing it and I really like the new touch system, it makes it a more compelling and interesting matches also the attacking tactical system works really well and no longer am I having to hold the ball up as much to get my team up the pitch. The new training system before the match will help many that have not been able to learn the game. I for one will be buying the game and will spend many many hours on it.
Kutocer 21

Postby corky20 » 11 Sep 2012, 11:51

The only noticeable difference so far in regards to the gameplay system, is the new Attacking Intelligence feature which makes for some interesting passes/through-balls in and around the box... it adds a new dimension to the game. Unfortunately I can see that suiting all the Barcelona players out their and making them even harder to play against.

Aside from the gameplay and the other new features which aren't in the demo we have the usual improvements; better graphics, commentary , music, UI etc... :)
corky20 26

Postby Kutocer » 11 Sep 2012, 12:10

Just played a game against the scum (arsenal me being a Spurs fan haha) and a bit of a bug...... The whole team sticking to one side of the pitch giving me free roam of the other side.
Kutocer 21

Postby nologo » 11 Sep 2012, 12:27

corky20 wrote:The only noticeable difference so far in regards to the gameplay system, is the new Attacking Intelligence feature which makes for some interesting passes/through-balls in and around the box... it adds a new dimension to the game. Unfortunately I can see that suiting all the Barcelona players out their and making them even harder to play against.

Aside from the gameplay and the other new features which aren't in the demo we have the usual improvements; better graphics, commentary , music, UI etc... :)

i seriously don't know why fifa or PES spend time crafting different teams. everyone i play against on either game just pick barcelona or real madrid. they should just make a quick match mode, auto selects the 2 teams.. simple.
psn: zell71
wow server: Vashj-EU
Jetsetwilly Gnome Warrior
nologo 47

Postby Malmo » 11 Sep 2012, 12:52

I'm pretty impressed, fifa's been great this generation but i have felt the gameplay hasn't improved that much since 09, and the tactical defending is a great idea but wasn't brilliantly executed first time round. This demo however is definitely a step forward, lots of subtleties that make a big difference. It plays much more fluid and with greater realism, and the AI is definitely better, as well as the passing. I've already scored goals i'd never have scored in fifa 12, with forwards holding runs to stay onside, nicely weighted throughballs and a good first touch mechanic. I always buy fifa because i can, but for the first time since 09 i've really felt it's worth getting
Malmo 63

PSN ID: dead2theworld

Postby TheLastDodo » 11 Sep 2012, 13:04

Is the demo out for 360 in UK yet?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby filth87 » 11 Sep 2012, 13:13

TheLastDodo wrote:Is the demo out for 360 in UK yet?

It wasn't about half an hour ago when i checked, though if you do the A to Z search in demos it's listed but you can't d/l it, so can't be far off..
filth87 42

Postby TheLastDodo » 11 Sep 2012, 13:14

Oh right, thanks filth.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Malmo » 11 Sep 2012, 13:32

TheLastDodo wrote:Is the demo out for 360 in UK yet?

Only on pc, the ps3/360 demos aren't out until tonight, I believe i read between 10pm and 2am but don't quote me on that...
Malmo 63

PSN ID: dead2theworld

Postby Kutocer » 11 Sep 2012, 13:43

nologo wrote:i seriously don't know why fifa or PES spend time crafting different teams. everyone i play against on either game just pick barcelona or real madrid. they should just make a quick match mode, auto selects the 2 teams.. simple.

It drives me insane that does, I'm pretty sure that all those players using those teams do not in fact support those teams and I've always supported my team.
Kutocer 21

Postby Kezwar » 11 Sep 2012, 13:48

Malmo wrote:
Only on pc, the ps3/360 demos aren't out until tonight, I believe i read between 10pm and 2am but don't quote me on that...

I read that the 360 version would be available from 10am-2pm, whilst the PS3 version would be available between 10pm-2am. Still waiting on the 360 version though so you could be right.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby Kezwar » 11 Sep 2012, 14:02

Kutocer wrote:
nologo wrote:i seriously don't know why fifa or PES spend time crafting different teams. everyone i play against on either game just pick barcelona or real madrid. they should just make a quick match mode, auto selects the 2 teams.. simple.

It drives me insane that does, I'm pretty sure that all those players using those teams do not in fact support those teams and I've always supported my team.

People play as the best teams online because they want to win. If it's a ranked match it permanently affects your record, so I don't see the issue myself. Yes it does get boring, but that's just the way it is. Personally I United are my first team, but I used to change my teams dependent on the live updates, which I personally loved.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 11 Sep 2012, 14:08

Yeah no 360 version yet, downloaded armoured kill instead, my router nearly barfed :shock:

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby corky20 » 11 Sep 2012, 14:45

nologo wrote:
corky20 wrote:The only noticeable difference so far in regards to the gameplay system, is the new Attacking Intelligence feature which makes for some interesting passes/through-balls in and around the box... it adds a new dimension to the game. Unfortunately I can see that suiting all the Barcelona players out their and making them even harder to play against.

i seriously don't know why fifa or PES spend time crafting different teams. everyone i play against on either game just pick barcelona or real madrid. they should just make a quick match mode, auto selects the 2 teams.. simple.

Yea they need to have some kind of reward system to encourage people to play lesser teams. I always play Newcastle as that's the team I support but when I get matched up against Barcelona it's just stupid, one mistake and they score. The way this game plays it seems like it will make it even harder to play against those teams! :cry:
corky20 26

Next