Call of Juarez: Gunslinger announced for XBLA, PSN, PC

Your comments on our articles.

Digital follow-up returns to the Old West

Developer Techland has officially announced Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, a digital follow-up to last year's The Cartel.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger announced for XBLA, PSN, PC

Postby get_crazy » 06 Sep 2012, 09:22

The video is not available :/
get_crazy 3
New user

Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger announced for XBLA, PSN, PC

Postby Ali_ » 06 Sep 2012, 10:45

So, is this a full game? Please don't let it be a twin stick shooter or some other similar cop out...
Ali_ 58

Postby brookie_2001 » 06 Sep 2012, 10:55

I smell a multiplayer only game with a levelling/perks system.
It is a shame to see where this series has gone. Call of Juarez on the PC was a very good game.
brookie_2001 62

Postby silversun_111 » 06 Sep 2012, 11:04

brookie_2001 wrote:I smell a multiplayer only game with a levelling/perks system.
It is a shame to see where this series has gone. Call of Juarez on the PC was a very good game.

Well they have learnt their lesson and gone back to the old west at least. The screenshots look pretty good, but with them only being screenshots, I won't be holding my breath.
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby Ali_ » 06 Sep 2012, 11:21

Could be right. Though I thoroughly enjoyed the second game's online ("YOU ARE THE WANTED MAN") so an MP only expanded version is just fine with me.
Ali_ 58

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 06 Sep 2012, 11:24

I enjoyed the first two games, but didn't play the third as they took what made it unique (the setting) and tried to compete with other modern shooters. Now it's back to the old west setting I'm interested again. The screenshots look good, and the trailer was pretty cool.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby silversun_111 » 06 Sep 2012, 11:37

Ali_ wrote:Could be right. Though I thoroughly enjoyed the second game's online ("YOU ARE THE WANTED MAN") so an MP only expanded version is just fine with me.

Single player mode is nailed on going off the statements below, but I wouldn't rule out a multiplayer mode as like with most games these days. I enjoyed the multiplayer in Bound in Blood also, as it was a nice change from the usual FPS where you shoot space men or soldiers with guns that have little or no recoil. :D

Techland's Call of Juarez franchise is to return to its Old West roots in Call of Juarez Gunslinger, coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade, PSN and PC in 2013, Ubisoft has announced.

Live the epic and violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter on the trail of the West's most notorious outlaws, including Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett and Jesse James.

The cooperative play introduced in The Cartel has also been dropped, in favour of a solitary experience.

Talking of The Cartel, Ubisoft admits the modern-day take on the franchise didn't really work.

"We admit that Call of Juarez The Cartel did not turn out the way we wanted and was not what the fans wanted it to be," explained the publisher in a Q&A. "There are various reasons for that. What really humbled and surprised us was the support we got along with the requests to go back to the Old West setting. That's where the series belongs. Creating a believable Wild West is something Techland does very well and we are determined to make Call of Juarez The Gunslinger the best in the series.

"Throughout our communication campaign, we will convince fans of the series as well as shooter enthusiasts that they should keep our game on their radar."

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/call_of_juarez_gunslinger/news/call_of_juarez_goes_back_to_old_west_roots_in_gunslinger.html
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby XpAcErX » 06 Sep 2012, 12:22

hope they dont use that horrible chrome 5 engine but I bet they will.
XpAcErX 22

Steam: VGBetas
xFire: VGBetas

Postby TehSlenderMan » 06 Sep 2012, 17:48

Am I the only one that hates everything to do with Call of Juarez? They are such boring games, why are they constantly being made?
Have a Steam, Origin(Sadly) and Battle.net Account.
Steam: Darksiders 2, All CoDs, Saints Row 3, CSS, DoD:s, Killing Floor, DX:HR, CS:GO, many more.
Origin: Battlefield 3, Syndicate, and Mass Effect 3.
Battle.net: Diablo 2 LoD, StarCraft 2, and Diablo 3.
TehSlenderMan 31

Xbox Live: TehSlenderrMan
Steam: Teh Slender Man
Battle.net: SlenderMan#1735