to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

EU PS Store Update: Counter-Strike still MIA

Your comments on our articles.

All this week's content detailed...

Although Valve's Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is still not available on PS3 weeks after its planned release, the latest PSN content update features a few games worth getting your wallet out for.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 05 Sep 2012, 15:15

f**k a duck what could possibly be causing this much of a hold up!!!
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Re: EU PS Store Update: Counter-Strike still MIA

Postby Barry316 » 05 Sep 2012, 15:23

The staff at SCEE haven't finished their colouring in yet, the crayons keep getting eaten. They'll be sure to get round to it after though.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby a3HeadedMonkey » 05 Sep 2012, 15:24

CS:GO is actually pretty good, been playing it a fair bit. People who rely on auto aim in other games may struggle to start with. Worth a tenner though for anyone who gets the chance to download it.
a3HeadedMonkey 69

Postby Reegeee » 05 Sep 2012, 15:30

I just like to point out here that the EA Sports season ticket doesn't actually work either. It takes your money but the app doesn't appear to download and doesn't even come up in your download queue. So steer clear for now.

It would be nice if CVG could maybe ask EA/Sony about this issue? :wink: Cos I know I'm gonna be waiting for like a week to just get any reply from EAs 'support' team.
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 72

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby TheExpendable » 05 Sep 2012, 15:36

Skyrim DLC within the next 10 years would be nice. :x
PSN: The_Expendable_
TheExpendable 41

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Sep 2012, 15:45

Machinarium delayed too.

Add that to CSGO, Walking Dead, Dyad and Closure.

EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby KesMonkey » 05 Sep 2012, 15:50

Reegeee wrote:I just like to point out here that the EA Sports season ticket doesn't actually work either. It takes your money but the app doesn't appear to download and doesn't even come up in your download queue. So steer clear for now.

It would be nice if CVG could maybe ask EA/Sony about this issue? :wink: Cos I know I'm gonna be waiting for like a week to just get any reply from EAs 'support' team.

Huh? In my experience, EA support is excellent. I've had to contact them on a couple of separate occassions. Both times, I was contacted back within hours with solutions to the problems I was having.
I like cake.
KesMonkey 61

Postby Gambini » 05 Sep 2012, 16:00

Still no Walking Dead Ep3????? Good lord, what is the frikkin hold up?? :evil:
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 52

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 05 Sep 2012, 16:12

TheLastDodo wrote:EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007.

Quote of the week!
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby StonecoldMC » 05 Sep 2012, 16:18

Like I said last week, you would think the Steam integration would be a benefit in this kinda situation?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby Barry316 » 05 Sep 2012, 16:24

StonecoldMC wrote:Like I said last week, you would think the Steam integration would be a benefit in this kinda situation?

The game is available and has been since day 1 on the American PS Store so there's no problem with it working or anything.

The problem is that SCEE are run by blithering idiots who couldn't organise an orgy at the Playboy mansion.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby StonecoldMC » 05 Sep 2012, 16:29

Barry316 wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:Like I said last week, you would think the Steam integration would be a benefit in this kinda situation?

The game is available and has been since day 1 on the American PS Store so there's no problem with it working or anything.

The problem is that SCEE are run by blithering idiots who couldn't organise an orgy at the Playboy mansion.

Ahhhh. Good ol' SCEE :lol: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby KrisaimUK » 05 Sep 2012, 16:30

DAEDALUS79 wrote:f**k a duck what could possibly be causing this much of a hold up!!!

It's obvious. Money. Microsoft have paid to have time exclusive in Europe at a wild guess. :cry: Unless Sony time shed some light on it?
You can get it other ways. Been playing it for a while and we reviewed it 9/10.

http://www.playstationonline.co.uk
KrisaimUK 32

Postby ricflair » 05 Sep 2012, 16:32

The whole steam/PS3 thing was just a huge pile of s**t. Looking back, it was never going to get off the ground, especially in terms of it being even slightly comparable to PC Steam.

Consoles (especially the PS3) are strapped enough for memory, let alone dropping another background task for them to consider. Valve release a game a year if you're lucky, so it was never going to be utilised very much. Still, it got me an extra copy of Portal 2, which means I can still play it on my PC, even though I've flogged my PS3 copy!

But this is purely down to SCEE. I'm not sure if it's incompetence - I think that all the console manfacturers think of Europe as this massive pain in the arse, even though it's a huge market - and the biggest market for Sony - so somewhere along the line, SCEE should be either given a kick up the arse, or the support for Sony HQ, to deliver a half decent service.

The blog last week was hilarious - the dude kept replying to people asking where Tony Hawk HD was, but for pages ignored the posts asking what the f**k had happened to Waking Dead/CS:GO etc - I guess there was nothing he could say...

So MS have paid money to make various games, some that aren't even coming out on 360, delayed in Europe? Interesting tactics.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby StonecoldMC » 05 Sep 2012, 16:36

ricflair wrote:

The whole steam/PS3 thing was just a huge pile of s**t. Looking back, it was never going to get off the ground, especially in terms of it being even slightly comparable to PC Steam.

Consoles (especially the PS3) are strapped enough for memory, let alone dropping another background task for them to consider. Valve release a game a year if you're lucky, so it was never going to be utilised very much. Still, it got me an extra copy of Portal 2, which means I can still play it on my PC, even though I've flogged my PS3 copy!

But this is purely down to SCEE. I'm not sure if it's incompetence - I think that all the console manfacturers think of Europe as this massive pain in the arse, even though it's a huge market - and the biggest market for Sony - so somewhere along the line, SCEE should be either given a kick up the arse, or the support for Sony HQ, to deliver a half decent service.

The blog last week was hilarious - the dude kept replying to people asking where Tony Hawk HD was, but for pages ignored the posts asking what the f**k had happened to Waking Dead/CS:GO etc - I guess there was nothing he could say...

So MS have paid money to make various games, some that aren't even coming out on 360, delayed in Europe? Interesting tactics.

Things havent improved since the PS2 era then?

It is a joke considering there are more PS3's in the EU than in NA or Japan, but us Europeans have always been treated so shabbily, consistently by SCEE. Its actually terrible and depressing.

Dont think MS have paid for it, we would have heard about it, MS would have told us.

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Next