Golden Joysticks 2012: The nominees for Best Shooter...

Your comments on our articles.

Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3... or A. N. Other 3?

The HMV sponsored GamesMaster Golden Joystick Awards have arrived, and you're all invited to vote and win prizes here! Each week we'll be casting a beady eye over different categories, taking you through the prime contenders before leaving you savvy lot to duke it out in the comments section. This time around, we're talking shooters.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Golden Joysticks 2012: The nominees for Best Shooter...

Postby JD_Method » 04 Sep 2012, 14:32

I'd have to choose between Spec Ops, The Darkness 2, Max Payne 3 or Battlefield 3. Spec Ops probaby has the best narrative. Battlefield has the best multiplayer. Max Payne 3 is just damn good fun, and the same goes for The Darkness 2.
JD_Method 58

Re: Golden Joysticks 2012: The nominees for Best Shooter...

Postby TheLastDodo » 04 Sep 2012, 15:39

Well I've only played like six of those and I'd say Resistance 3 and Max Payne 3 are the cream of the crop, BF3 and MW3 are good but not great and Starhawk and Syndicate don't deserve to be on a "Best......" list unless it's Best Waste of your Money/Time".
TheLastDodo 77

Postby ilovenewtech » 04 Sep 2012, 17:02

Hi super awesome fellow forum posters what a cracking selection to choose from and further proof of how gaming continues to improve in every way.

Go team super awesome cracking games to choose from yeah!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
ilovenewtech 55

Postby toaplan » 05 Sep 2012, 12:06

I's say Battlefield 3 (PC) is not just the shooter of the year, but of the decade. The most significant FPS since CoD: Modern Warfare and Crysis in 2007. MW3 was initially nothing special, but thanks to the wealth of content, I ended up playing it an awful lot.
toaplan 75