to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefield 3 patch goes live September 4

Your comments on our articles.

Arriving alongside the Armored Kill DLC

DICE will launch a new Battlefield 3 patch tomorrow.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 03 Sep 2012, 18:05

Any chance this will finally let you and your mates in the same team and squad straight off the bat?

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby lawless1891 » 03 Sep 2012, 18:26

Am guessing yet again there's no chance DICE will ever fix the map rotation on their EPIC BATTLES servers?
Good advert for selling me more maps that is.
Or simply return some servers back to the all maps conquest/rush only servers we had at the start...utter rhubarb.
lawless1891 58

Re: Battlefield 3 patch goes live September 4

Postby TheLastDodo » 03 Sep 2012, 18:36

Am I the only one that hates it when you capture a flag and the massive 'Flag X captured' type icon pops up?

It obscures my view :(
TheLastDodo 77

Postby silversun_111 » 03 Sep 2012, 18:42

"Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire."

Good news, but as commented upon already, partying up needs to be worked on.
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 03 Sep 2012, 18:57

silversun_111 wrote:"Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire."

Personally, I'm not convinced the choppers need anymore balancing and this doesn't really encourage team play. What I mean is if there is someone good in a chopper then good on them, it should encourage the opposing team to change to the engineer class and take it's ass out. There is so much anti-air in fact (tanks, stingers, javelin with a soflam, jets, other choppers) that I think this is a poor move, if a team is getting owned by a chopper then they should get together and take it out (2 stingers alone,rotating the missiles, will make mincemeat of a chopper in no time)

KK-Headcharge78 62

Postby lifebrink » 03 Sep 2012, 19:48

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
There is so much anti-air in fact (tanks, stingers, javelin with a soflam, jets, other choppers) that I think this is a poor move, if a team is getting owned by a chopper then they should get together and take it out (2 stingers alone,rotating the missiles, will make mincemeat of a chopper in no time)

I totally agree... It really does frustrate me when Im the only guy who is taking down choppers with a stinger from the deck!

2 engineers could quite easily bring a good chopper pilot to his knees weeping... when you do find a like minded eng tho it brings a smile to my face to know that someone else out there has a smile on his face by bringing it down together

I cant fly one for s**t
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
lifebrink 62

PSN ID: SunTzu_79

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 03 Sep 2012, 19:57

@lifebrink Yeah it is annoying when everyone is moaning about a chopper yet I'm the only one trying to take it down. I'm pretty good in a chopper (if you haven't already get a mate and do the 2nd, or it maybe 3rd, co-op mission it involves flying a chopper for the whole mission and is great for practice without having to avoid enemies all the time, as they only have rpgs in the mission, you can just replay until you get a better feel for them) Having two people who know what they are doing is key for a long chopper life, without a good wingman you will be dust quickly, taking away the flares from the co-pilot is a major hinderance.

KK-Headcharge78 62

Postby illage2 » 04 Sep 2012, 06:36

Sweet ... can't wait to play on these new maps :D
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby MRHONGKONGDAVE » 04 Sep 2012, 08:44

It annoys when there are 20 Snipers on your team sat back at the base taking pot shots and yet none of them have put Soflam up???

When Soflam is up air has no chance and just being locked on makes them fly out of the danger zone.
MRHONGKONGDAVE 35

Xbox Live: MRHONGKONGDAVE
PSN ID: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Steam: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Battle.net: MRHONGKONGDAVE (origin)

Postby illage2 » 04 Sep 2012, 11:45

Thanks to this the Hearthfire release has f**ked up. No one can get on Xbox live now.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby silversun_111 » 04 Sep 2012, 13:35

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
silversun_111 wrote:"Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire."

Personally, I'm not convinced the choppers need anymore balancing and this doesn't really encourage team play. What I mean is if there is someone good in a chopper then good on them, it should encourage the opposing team to change to the engineer class and take it's ass out. There is so much anti-air in fact (tanks, stingers, javelin with a soflam, jets, other choppers) that I think this is a poor move, if a team is getting owned by a chopper then they should get together and take it out (2 stingers alone,rotating the missiles, will make mincemeat of a chopper in no time)

I see where you are coming from, but from personal experience I am the only one who seems to try and take down Helicopters and Jet Fighters most of the time, and it really grates me when I have to focus on taking down helicopters and not capturing points. If this wasn't a big problem, DICE wouldn't change things and thats a fact I'm afraid.
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby riflen » 05 Sep 2012, 11:20

lifebrink wrote:
KK-Headcharge78 wrote:
There is so much anti-air in fact (tanks, stingers, javelin with a soflam, jets, other choppers) that I think this is a poor move, if a team is getting owned by a chopper then they should get together and take it out (2 stingers alone,rotating the missiles, will make mincemeat of a chopper in no time)

I totally agree... It really does frustrate me when Im the only guy who is taking down choppers with a stinger from the deck!

2 engineers could quite easily bring a good chopper pilot to his knees weeping... when you do find a like minded eng tho it brings a smile to my face to know that someone else out there has a smile on his face by bringing it down together

I cant fly one for s**t

It gets worse; the patch has disabled 'below radar' for stingers against the attack chopper. Choppers can now be locked by stingers when they are below 25 feet, or even on the ground. This was not in the notes and the unlock is still available, so it makes me think this is a bug. But, combined with the increased stinger range, at the moment it makes maps like Caspian or Noshahr extremely challenging for attack choppers.

I do like the flare adjustment though. It's forcing gunners to choose a more offensive setup and Autoloader with Thermal Optics is devastatingly fun.
riflen 15
New user

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Sep 2012, 12:25

TheLastDodo wrote:Am I the only one that hates it when you capture a flag and the massive 'Flag X captured' type icon pops up?

It obscures my view :(

No, I found many of the markers very obtrusive. I can't remember bad company being that bad.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69