Tomb Raider: PAX demo gameplay video

Your comments on our articles.

Check out 13 minutes of action from the upcoming series reboot

Below you'll find a playthrough movie of Tomb Raider's PAX 2012 demo.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tomb Raider: PAX demo gameplay video

Postby Stryker89 » 03 Sep 2012, 15:31

I realise this is pre-beta footage, but I seriously hope those graphics improve a bit.
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Re: Tomb Raider: PAX demo gameplay video

Postby rubblemaker » 03 Sep 2012, 15:53

Stryker89 wrote:I realise this is pre-beta footage, but I seriously hope those graphics improve a bit.

wtf? dude, glasses. You need some. How much better do you expect it to be? It looks amazing and easily comparable to the best current gen games currently out. In some places, such as its animation system it surpasses the best.

Sigh.
rubblemaker 43

Postby gmcb007 » 03 Sep 2012, 15:54

Wasn't this demo shown at E3?
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Gambini » 03 Sep 2012, 16:20

Stryker89 wrote:I realise this is pre-beta footage, but I seriously hope those graphics improve a bit.

:shock: The game looks great, are you sure you watched the same video??
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby StonecoldMC » 03 Sep 2012, 16:21

Did you accidentally view the Triple Town video instead :lol: ?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Phayze » 03 Sep 2012, 16:53

I don't think it helped that the footage was a recording of the screen, rather than a direct feed.
Digital Designer
ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Phayze
Admin Team

Postby richomack360 » 03 Sep 2012, 16:54

Phayze wrote:

I don't think it helped that the footage was a recording of the screen, rather than a direct feed.

The man who sounds like he is from So Solid Crew is right - this is deffo a recording
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby TheLastDodo » 03 Sep 2012, 17:08

Looking good, can't say the graphics disappoint me personally.

I was wondering how that scene would play out as CD had mentioned previously that this is the first time Lara has to kill in this game and I'll admit I found it a little unpleasant watching the deer lay there dying, I kinda empathised with Lara as I'd know I'd find that difficult if I was in that situation which was probably the reaction they were trying to provoke so hey it worked.

Then no more than 15 secs later the guy playing killed a bird (at best: like it was nothing, at worst: for the lulz) and I'm reminded that this is just another game and that CD employee's/developers can't stop undermining their game, unintentionally or otherwise.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby JOHNKARA » 03 Sep 2012, 17:29

I do realise that the "Unchartered" series borrowed a lot from the original Tomb Raider franchise, but it appears as if this latest Tomb Raider release is now returning the favour, especially the platforming sections and transitioning into cut scenes. It shows how influential ND's take is on this genre. Looking good though.
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 47

Postby Gambini » 03 Sep 2012, 18:08

TheLastDodo wrote:I was wondering how that scene would play out as CD had mentioned previously that this is the first time Lara has to kill in this game and I'll admit I found it a little unpleasant watching the deer lay there dying, I kinda empathised with Lara as I'd know I'd find that difficult if I was in that situation which was probably the reaction they were trying to provoke so hey it worked.

Then no more than 15 secs later the guy playing killed a bird (at best: like it was nothing, at worst: for the lulz) and I'm reminded that this is just another game and that CD employee's/developers can't stop undermining their game, unintentionally or otherwise.

Ha! I couldn't agree more! I felt the same empathy when Lara had to gut the deer, but all that emotion just dissipated as soon as the player shot the bird a few seconds later. Like you said, he just completely undermined the moment.
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby Cogglesz » 03 Sep 2012, 19:03

JOHNKARA wrote:I do realise that the "Unchartered" series borrowed a lot from the original Tomb Raider franchise, but it appears as if this latest Tomb Raider release is now returning the favour, especially the platforming sections and transitioning into cut scenes. It shows how influential ND's take is on this genre. Looking good though.

Agreed but i feel its good they do this, two amazing great series Vibing from each other to make their games even better, i'd never say its a rip off like All Stars, I'd like to see this video in good quality like MGSGZ before i make a statement about the graphics but the gameplay looks great, does anyone know if this is getting a PC release?
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 60

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby TheLastDodo » 03 Sep 2012, 19:07

Yes, they announce at the end that it will be digital only PC release.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby noblehouse » 03 Sep 2012, 21:02

No Wii U release? Square and Ninty still not getting on?
noblehouse 31

Postby sonic_uk » 04 Sep 2012, 12:23

Really? I thought the graphics were great. You have to remember, like the FarCry 3 video these are not direct feed and are shot off screen using a camcorder so of course the quality wont be as good as direct feed footage. Even taking that into account though I still thought the graphics were amazing.

The more I see of this the more I want it. Its looking incredible. I was skeptical at first when this change in direction was first announced but now I am really liking the way the series has evolved and where its heading.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56