F1 2012 dev diary details physics, weather, audio advancemen

Your comments on our articles.

Codemasters discusses attempts to "break new boundaries"

Codies has sent over a new F1 2012 developer diary looking at improvements the studio has made to the series' physics, weather and audio.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby azz72 » 31 Aug 2012, 10:44

Can't wait for this :D ,F1 and Borderlands on the same day :lol:
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza Horizon 2,AC Unity
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD
PC:Asseto corsa,Football Manager
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 52

Xbox Live: timson72

Postby ingy » 31 Aug 2012, 10:49

I've said it before, but a force feedback wheel is essential to get the best out of these games and i can't wait for this.

My only gripe is i find it impossible to change tyre/fuel options during the race without hitting a wall, there must be a better way of doing it.

I'm sure even Alonso would find it difficult to press 3 or 4 seperate commands on a d-pad while reading the options before the menu resets :?
ingy 64

Re: F1 2012 dev diary details physics, weather, audio advanc

Postby davidravedeath19 » 31 Aug 2012, 11:51

it would be good if they sold an affordable f1 style racing wheel to play the game. I have been using the normal xbox controller to play the last 2 and turning can be a bit twitchy. There are affordable racing wheels that would probably be good but i would like to have a f1 like controller...not the overpriced one on amazon that comes in different parts.

They need to introduce bans or instant kicks for those players who ruin the online experience, most races are like destructuon derby with people hitting you from the first corner, if people raced proper it would be worth while - as it is, im not sure i will play online much.

I never liked the whole 'f1 life' interviews 'gameplay'. Its never got any depth and codemasters are not strong on character models so to watch them interact looks bad (just like the models in the codemasters snooker gamesQ). Just work on the gameplay - its looking good, and at least they seem to make improvements from year to year. Im glad they have the licence as in other hands its been wasted.
davidravedeath19 7
New user

Xbox Live: mountain flames

Postby Asinine » 31 Aug 2012, 12:23

Great...

...now how about releasing it before the season is practically over!?

I like F1 and this series, I'll very likely buy it and enjoy it as I did with the previous, so it's nice to see that there are some tangible improvements to the game.
Asinine 49

Postby brookie_2001 » 31 Aug 2012, 14:29

Asinine wrote:Great...

...now how about releasing it before the season is practically over!?

I assume that is sarcasm.
I think they've explained the reasoning behind this. You would be a year behind each time because their development would be based off the current season. So the 2013 game would be using 2012 cars/tracks/rules. It isn't like other annual releases (fifa, madden, etc) which rule wise doesn't change much, just transfers and kit changes.
brookie_2001 62