to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Doubt cast over Skyrim: Dawnguard PS3 release

Your comments on our articles.

Bethesda admits it faces difficult development issues

Bethesda has admitted the development of Dawnguard for PS3 has encountered a problem it isn't sure it can overcome, and insinuated the Skyrim DLC may not reach Sony's console at all.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Doubt cast over Skyrim: Dawnguard PS3 release

Postby TheLastDodo » 31 Aug 2012, 02:23

TheLastDodo 77

Re: Doubt cast over Skyrim: Dawnguard PS3 release

Postby Billybob21 » 31 Aug 2012, 02:41

I honestly can't think of anything to say... I mean... But....

c**ts.
Billybob21 48

Xbox Live: Billybob2101
PSN ID: Billybob2101
Steam: Billybob21

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 31 Aug 2012, 03:01

I'm not at all surprised, in fact I've been doubting it since they said they weren't happy with it. They totally and utterly botched the PS3 version in the first place. I do wonder if they actually did a proper job of the launch of PS3 version would they be having such an issue?

I am rather gutted about this news as Skyrim is such an awesome game.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby karkify » 31 Aug 2012, 03:30

Bethesda really know how to p**s off their fans. Don't promise fans DLC, then tell them one console gets 1 month exclusivity, then wait a further month to tell us "s**t, you're probably not getting it at all". This after already giving PS3 users a broken game...
Surely they will compensate the PS3 users?
Last edited by karkify on 31 Aug 2012, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
karkify 50

Postby frazzerr » 31 Aug 2012, 03:30

Like I said previous, I'm a avid Skyrim player and was really looking forward to dlc, but since Bestesda have not yet released Dawnguard for the PS3 and have announced Hearthfire, I'm done with them and there products. If they have been having problems bring the dlc to the PS3 then why weren't these problems foreseen and worked around when Dawnguard was being brought to life. I'm probably going to trade in my Skyrim copy as I'm sick off waiting after the exclusivity with Microsoft expired and the poor treatment we PS3 users have had to deal with being treated like we do not matter.
frazzerr 44

PSN ID: frazzerr_1

Postby Xbot4life » 31 Aug 2012, 04:39

Go buy an xbox, works fine on that. :lol:
blah blah blah blah blah, I don't care about your clever response, only proves me right.
Xbot4life 29

Postby geardley » 31 Aug 2012, 05:17

Not happy :@
We are premier league.
geardley 54

Postby mattdark » 31 Aug 2012, 07:21

Well, seems to be another good reason to look into that gaming PC ive been considering.
Time to rock n' ruin!
PSN - MattDark86
360 - MattDarkZero
mattdark 52

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby flyfletch » 31 Aug 2012, 07:30

I understand why anyone who has the PS3 version is annoyed, thankfully i bought my copy for my xbox, having originally decided to buy the PS3 version, so it was a close shave!

Thing is i can also understand why Bethesda might be having these problems, if its a limitation of the hardware (and thats what it looks like) then its not really their fault. Im not trying to defend them, just trying to see the real picture. in my opinion the biggest mistake Bethesda made was even releasing a PS3 version, it was clearly substandard, but they must have thought it was fixable by patching, clearly not.

Clearly its a serious problem they are having with Dawnguard if they have Sony on the case as well. My advice, just drop it, refund the PS3 players for the original game, take it on the chin and move on. It would be the right thing to do by the PS3 players, and go a long way to mending their reputation on the PS3.
flyfletch 71

Postby flyfletch » 31 Aug 2012, 07:32

Jenfrag wrote:They are not happy for the performance of Dawnguard but it is really interesting and they help to enjoy most of the people they have a proper excitement that they earn to have.

Say again?.....Im not sure i get what your saying?
flyfletch 71

Postby Ali_ » 31 Aug 2012, 07:58

Growing very tired of the ineptitude from Betheseda. The original game was a mess on PS3 and now they can't get simple DLC to work? Certainly won't be buying any of their games at launch until I'm sure they actually bloody work.
Ali_ 57

Postby Ali_ » 31 Aug 2012, 08:01

flyfletch wrote:if its a limitation of the hardware (and thats what it looks like) then its not really their fault.

It's the limitations of using an out of date game engine. I quote a coder I know when this was discussed at Skyrim's launch, "The engine is, in fact, a piece of crap." Think that sums it up nicely. It was never even designed to run on multi core processors. The only reason Xbox runs it better is because it has fewer processors for the engine to trip over itself on. It's very telling that many PC owners have found that upgrading their hardware often makes Oblivion run worse, not better, and Fallout and Skyrim are the exact same engine with some patching to make them, supposedly, cope with modern architecture.
Ali_ 57

Postby budge » 31 Aug 2012, 08:12

I originally bought the PS3 version of Skyrim but after it became unplayable after the 50 hour mark I traded it in for an Xbox version. I knew that this was a serious bug that couldn't be fixed with a few patches.

I really feel for all Skyrim fans who only own a PS3. I know i'd be feeling some Bethesda rage about now! :(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby Alagorn01 » 31 Aug 2012, 08:42

Perhaps now people will see that that the only thing a ps3 is good for is a high end 3d blu ray player. Nothing more. Xbox is the light! come all you ps3 owners to the correct console and bask in the glory of the a fully functional machine!
Alagorn01 16

Postby 360_Fan » 31 Aug 2012, 08:51

Alagorn01 wrote:Perhaps now people will see that that the only thing a ps3 is good for is a high end 3d blu ray player. Nothing more. Xbox is the light! come all you ps3 owners to the correct console and bask in the glory of the a fully functional machine!

You would not have said that 6 years ago. :?
Isn't borderlands 2 by Bethesda? Maybe ps3 guys should reconsider buying at launch. Teach them not to release something that is broken.
360_Fan 61

Next