UK Chart: Sleeping Dogs holds off new release Darksiders 2

Your comments on our articles.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron also makes a top five debut

Sleeping Dogs has held off competition from new release Darksiders 2 to claim a second week atop the UK all formats chart.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

UK Chart: Sleeping Dogs holds off new release Darksiders 2

Postby mattdark » 28 Aug 2012, 10:37

Im surprised to see batman getting a high-spot in the charts, though I suppose Dark Knight Rises has helped, with people wanting to play a batman game after seeing the movie.

Not a bad list either, only 2 'poor' titles on there (2012 olympics tie-ins)
PSN - MattDark86
Currently playing;
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Hyrule Warriors
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
mattdark 54

PSN ID: MattDark86

Re: UK Chart: Sleeping Dogs holds off new release Darksiders

Postby flyfletch » 28 Aug 2012, 10:48

well, im not surprised its not taken no 1. I had it for 2 days and traded it in, total disappointment :(
flyfletch 72

Postby budge » 28 Aug 2012, 10:51

flyfletch wrote:well, im not surprised its not taken no 1. I had it for 2 days and traded it in, total disappointment :(

Really?!
Did you like the first game?
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby El Mag » 28 Aug 2012, 10:55

Both are cracking games.

I finished Sleeping Dogs in 3 days and got the plat, proper good ol' day gaming sessions were put into that. Then thought I'd give Darksiders 2 a try and so far, having just smashed the massive guardian's face in, I've not been disappointed. Great soundtrack to it as well.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby flyfletch » 28 Aug 2012, 10:59

budge wrote:
flyfletch wrote:well, im not surprised its not taken no 1. I had it for 2 days and traded it in, total disappointment :(

Really?!
Did you like the first game?

Yea, i did indeed, still have it, but just found this to be boring for some reason, couldnt quite put a finger on why, just seems to be very repetitive.

It annoyed me as i was really looking forward to it :(
flyfletch 72

Postby illage2 » 28 Aug 2012, 11:03

I didn't like sleeping dogs that much. The only reason it's at the top it's because it's the only decent game being released, I bet come September 21st we can expect to see Sleeping Dogs lose it's spot. I said Sep 21st because it's when Borderlands 2 is released (If it's not delayed).
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby brookie_2001 » 28 Aug 2012, 11:12

Great to see two titles deserving of the top two places.
Both games are excellent and huge. Both games are around 40-50 hours worth of gameplay. Plus they both keep you wanting more right to the end.
brookie_2001 62

Postby Fr33Kye » 28 Aug 2012, 11:23

I think everyone is excited to see Sleeping Dogs achieve critical and financial success since activision dropped it after forcing the true crime name on it in hopes that it would sell more. Instead it launched as a new ip under a different publisher and might make some serious cash. Might change how activision operate. Though not releasing the same time as 30 other major games surely helped.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby mattdark » 28 Aug 2012, 12:07

illage2 wrote:I didn't like sleeping dogs that much. The only reason it's at the top it's because it's the only decent game being released, I bet come September 21st we can expect to see Sleeping Dogs lose it's spot. I said Sep 21st because it's when Borderlands 2 is released (If it's not delayed).

True, there is also Dead or Alive 5, and Tekken Tag 2, which will surely get the fighting fans going (And arguing when one does better then the other)

Actually wait, come the end of september, I can already see what will likely be topping the charts...

Fifa 13...
PSN - MattDark86
Currently playing;
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Hyrule Warriors
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
mattdark 54

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby Daminic19 » 28 Aug 2012, 12:37

illage2 wrote:I didn't like sleeping dogs that much. The only reason it's at the top it's because it's the only decent game being released, I bet come September 21st we can expect to see Sleeping Dogs lose it's spot. I said Sep 21st because it's when Borderlands 2 is released (If it's not delayed).

Yh then when the 28th comes Fifa 13 will be at the top. :D
Daminic19 36

PSN ID: DONorr17

Postby Lady Gagagged » 28 Aug 2012, 13:20

I think I'm with Flyfetch on this one, Darksiders 2 isn't a bad game by any means but it is very underwhelming so far. It might be because I started on Apocolyptic and had to do quite a bit of grinding early on, but I've not found it to be as good as I was expecting.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Currychips » 28 Aug 2012, 13:39

I was going to go for Darksiders until I saw all of the great reviews for Sleeping Dogs. I'm glad to say I made the right choice as it's a brilliant game, released at a perfect time during the massive summer lull.

I played Darksiders around my mates house at the weekend and have to agree, I was completely underwhelmed, I wouldn't have played it and would be back on BF3 by now. I'm sure some will love it but it's not for me.
Do you want Chilli on that?
Currychips 50

Xbox Live: Mr Cheesefinger
PSN ID: westypie

Postby wwinterj » 28 Aug 2012, 15:58

Darksiders 2 came out in the Uk a week ago and Sleeping Dogs came out before that so it's no shock it's beating it by a little. With that said the first Darksiders was underrated so I can see the same happening here. Darksiders 2 is a great game that is better than the original in almost everyway(Currently on land of the dead, second map) although it does have a slow start. Sleeping Dogs doesn't look that great to me. Oh well each to there own. :P
wwinterj 51

Xbox Live: wwinterj
PSN ID: wwinterj

Postby MrPirtniw » 28 Aug 2012, 23:54

Fantastic stuff! Hope this pretty much guarantees another sequel for Darksiders- it's been a while since I've played a game put together with so much TLC. It's a little slower than the original, but I much prefer Death to War and it's a fair bit longer. Took me about 25 hours on my first play through and I've barely collected anything. Let alone done the Crucible. More like this please, industry.

Happy to see Sleeping Dogs is doing well too. Not really a big GTA fan so I haven't picked it up yet. That and until I figure out how to inexplicably fire £50 notes out of my ar*e I've got to limit my game purchases. Still, Darksiders 2 is going to last me a while.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw