to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Beyond: Two Souls: Cage's new title is ambitious, provocativ

Your comments on our articles.

Heavy Rain's follow-up has big questions to ask...

The longer you spend with Beyond: Two Souls, the less sense it makes. You leave the demo with more questions about what it will actually be like to play than when you went in. And in this age of cookie-cutter, cover-based, ultraviolent action games, anything that's pitched leftfield and thought-provoking is surely to be welcomed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Beyond: Two Souls: Cage's new title is ambitious, provocativ

Postby Charlie Bell » 20 Aug 2012, 12:20

I thought it was Ivan...

I agree with the sentiment expressed here. Watching the demo, it seems like an odd scene for a game based around storytelling. You've just pulled the chopper from the sky and decked that building. Yet the police sit patiently waiting in position for their turn to die.

There's more development to be done and Im sure I will enjoy this game. Despite Heavy Rain's flaws I found it very engaging and only had a couple of gripes which I cared to express. This seems like an interesting one.
Charlie Bell 51

Re: Beyond: Two Souls: Cage's new title is ambitious, provoc

Postby TheLastDodo » 20 Aug 2012, 12:31

Arrogant french prick blah blah blah.........failed movie director blah blah blah.........interactive movie blah blah blah.........Cage is a hypocrite blah blah blah.........QTE's blah blah blah..........

BINGO!!!
TheLastDodo 77

Postby dwhlufc » 20 Aug 2012, 12:36

TheLastDodo wrote:Arrogant french prick blah blah blah.........failed movie director blah blah blah.........interactive movie blah blah blah.........Cage is a hypocrite blah blah blah.........QTE's blah blah blah..........

BINGO!!!

Inevitable! :lol:
dwhlufc 76

Postby StonecoldMC » 20 Aug 2012, 12:40

Ambitious? Provocative? Add in Alluring and you have the makings of a classy / weird French Perfume advert.

Beyond

By

David Cage

Maturity Just found A New Aroma.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby HelloLadies » 20 Aug 2012, 15:27

I look forward to playing this game and give the team behind it kudos for trying to do something different. People taking issue with what he says should try and look past that for the sake of the industry or just fall back in line with the flock and go play their regurgitated Call of Duty faeces and accompanying clones.
HelloLadies 51

Postby MrPirtniw » 20 Aug 2012, 18:58

TheLastDodo wrote:Arrogant french prick blah blah blah.........failed movie director blah blah blah.........interactive movie blah blah blah.........Cage is a hypocrite blah blah blah.........QTE's blah blah blah..........

BINGO!!!

Sad but true though. :wink: I'd say outside of the visuals, Heavy Rain was a step backwards from Farenhiet. Maybe Beyond will be different- i'll happily be proven wrong. I didn't find anything particularly innovative about Heavy Rain.
I think Cage should stop pushing the graphics tech so much and maybe think about working on the AI so that the characters act more convincingly in real time rather than watching endless cutscenes with the odd button prompt. I'm not a fan of any one genre and i'll happily play anything so long as it's fun and/or interesting- but sacrificing any form of gameplay for the expense of a badly written story isn't my cuppa.

And yes, QTE's should have been abolished a decade ago. :mrgreen:
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby voodoo341 » 20 Aug 2012, 19:35

BINGO!!!

:lol:
voodoo341 75

Postby Kezwar » 21 Aug 2012, 09:20

I don't care what anyone says, I loved Heavy Rain.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby MRHONGKONGDAVE » 22 Aug 2012, 20:27

I don't care what anybody says I still haven't finished Heavy Rain!!!

I did like what I played/watched but I think after a while I became too detached and had to leave it on the shelf. Sorry Dave.
MRHONGKONGDAVE 35

Xbox Live: MRHONGKONGDAVE
PSN ID: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Steam: MRHONGKONGDAVE
Battle.net: MRHONGKONGDAVE (origin)