Trine 2: Director's Cut: Finnish Lord of the Rings looks stu

Your comments on our articles.

The prettiest platformer that ever lived...

Had Tolkien been born 60 years later and grown up in Finland, there's a very high possibility he might have worked on Trine 2: Director's Cut.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Trine 2: Director's Cut: Finnish Lord of the Rings looks stu

Postby delmariachi » 18 Aug 2012, 13:09

If the interface and mulitplying of scrolling scenery is all there is, its not much of a coup.

The ability to create items on screen with the magicians powers wasn't exactly difficult on a 360 pad, so not much to get excited about if I can do it on the controllers built in screen...

Its a great game and I'm pleased its finding its way onto other consoles but not exactly a game changer is it...
delmariachi 47

Xbox Live: delmariachi
Steam: delmariachi

Re: Trine 2: Director's Cut: Finnish Lord of the Rings looks

Postby toaplan » 18 Aug 2012, 14:29

"Had Tolkien been born 60 years later and grown up in Finland, there's a very high possibility he might have worked on Trine 2: Director's Cut."

Possibly. And instead of drawing influence from the ancient Finnish national epic, the Kalevala, he would probably have been inspired by more modern Finnish classics, such as Max Payne. "Bullet time" and Nokia phones would have featured prominently in the Lord of the Rings 3D...
toaplan 74

Postby fatherofthenoo » 18 Aug 2012, 18:59

It looks lovely.
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby Jingee » 18 Aug 2012, 20:01

Got this in the Steam Sale to play with friends, and it is brilliant!
Jingee 51

Postby Balladeer » 18 Aug 2012, 20:09

Pretty. I can buy it on my Mac though, probably for less, so I need to know what's in this re-release that will make the extra money worth spending. Although using a proper controller would be nice.
Balladeer 78

Postby Imaduck » 18 Aug 2012, 20:59

It looks gorgeous on everthing! It got shamefully little praise when it came out ages ago, but now Nintendo have their mits obn it - everyone pays attention :roll: If you're going to rant and rave about the visuals, perhaps you should've ranted and raved at the PC version which will still blow the Wii U version away visually. Then again ... that'd be balanced and non hype driven :lol:
Imaduck 58

Postby Gamer1977 » 18 Aug 2012, 21:42

Balladeer wrote:Pretty. I can buy it on my Mac though, probably for less, so I need to know what's in this re-release that will make the extra money worth spending. Although using a proper controller would be nice.

The new expansion is included: Trine 2: Goblin Menace; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Q29RTxCUY :D
Gamer1977 5

Postby Gamer1977 » 18 Aug 2012, 21:52

Imaduck wrote:It looks gorgeous on everthing! It got shamefully little praise when it came out ages ago, but now Nintendo have their mits obn it - everyone pays attention :roll: If you're going to rant and rave about the visuals, perhaps you should've ranted and raved at the PC version which will still blow the Wii U version away visually. Then again ... that'd be balanced and non hype driven :lol:

This really bothers you why? This great game is now finally getting more exposure, cause of the new expansion pack Trine 2: Goblin Menace, confirmed right now for the PC & Wii U. Stop you're childish idiotic fanboy rant.
Gamer1977 5

Postby Balladeer » 18 Aug 2012, 22:25

Imaduck wrote:It looks gorgeous on everthing! It got shamefully little praise when it came out ages ago, but now Nintendo have their mits obn it - everyone pays attention :roll: If you're going to rant and rave about the visuals, perhaps you should've ranted and raved at the PC version which will still blow the Wii U version away visually. Then again ... that'd be balanced and non hype driven :lol:

Nintendo magazine, Duck.
Balladeer 78

Postby Cryotek » 18 Aug 2012, 22:45

I was expecting actual information (in particular, whether it runs at native 1080p) from this article. Guess I should have figured it would just be some vague praising with no concrete comparison to other versions of the game. :roll:
Cryotek 36

Postby Imaduck » 18 Aug 2012, 22:47

I was trying to say: "why did it have to wait until Nintendo got a port before it got any fair attention from CVG? It's a game that's fantastic on all platforms it's out on" Gamer. As Balla pointed out though, I'm not getting any smarter or more observant, there's is from Nintendo mag not CVG so ... CVG still havn't credited it properly :lol: Respect to this mag for doing so though, my bad :wink:
Imaduck 58

Postby Lady Gagagged » 19 Aug 2012, 00:00

Is this that s**t game they gave away on PSN that t**ts raved about?
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Fr33Kye » 19 Aug 2012, 12:45

Trine 2 is so close to being an amazing game to me. It looks AMAZING, on every platform, and the three heroes are awesome and it has some enjoyable dialogue. Sadly the controls and the gameplay just feel off and cumbersome most of the time :( . I think usually it is the actual level design that's the problem, not the controls or physics.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby BenThomasFoster » 20 Aug 2012, 17:04

I'd say rayman is by far the prettiest
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby karkify » 21 Aug 2012, 03:00

BenThomasFoster wrote:I'd say rayman is by far the prettiest

Agreed. Not to say Trine isn't pretty, because it is. I think the second game feels so shallow in comparison to the first, I can't even bring myself to finish it after loving the first so much :cry:
karkify 50