to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Borderlands, Just Cause 2 free for EU PS Plus subs

Your comments on our articles.

Two sweet games added to 'Your Instant Game Collection'

Sony Europe has made Just Cause 2 and Borderlands available to PlayStation Plus subscribers at no extra cost.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Borderlands, Just Cause 2 free for EU PS Plus subs

Postby zinaptik » 16 Aug 2012, 22:34

sweet had just cause and never got around to borderlands, Instant Game Collection is a stupid name ..it takes a good 4 hours to download haha.
zinaptik 47

Re: Borderlands, Just Cause 2 free for EU PS Plus subs

Postby Gambini » 16 Aug 2012, 23:45

Those two will be available for the next 12 weeks until November 7, which should give you plenty of time to exhaust their ample offerings.

Eh? I thought that once you downloaded a PSN+ "Free" Game, it was yours to play for the length of your membership??
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby Lady Gagagged » 16 Aug 2012, 23:55

Gambini wrote:
Those two will be available for the next 12 weeks until November 7, which should give you plenty of time to exhaust their ample offerings.

Eh? I thought that once you downloaded a PSN+ "Free" Game, it was yours to play for the length of your membership??

They mean it'll be free to download until November 7th.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby Queen Skillage » 17 Aug 2012, 06:59

Aw c'mon!

It's always the same, you give us games everybody in the world (I know because I personally counted) already have. What about us hardcore gamers that buy every game the second they're released, you could at least give us Uncharted 4, Last Guardian or Infamous 3 in place.

I'd rather pay for the option of talking to strangers while we play different games. Yes, I realise It's a bit like those adult phone in shows on Sky. But I at least get the happy ending that's severely lacking on your service.

My milks off as well and that's your fault. Plus should keep it refrigerated for the massive amount it costs!

Now that's out the way, good update I've not played Just Cause 2 yet.
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator

Postby TOKEN » 17 Aug 2012, 08:16

This is how it should be done giving gamers a reason to to pay online,not just take,take,take.
Good one Sony.
Valve Steam Box please make it happen.Maybe not?
TOKEN 51

Xbox Live: ILL SAVE YA
PSN ID: TOKEN_CVG
Wii Code: 5632-4064-3535-4012

Postby robbo1337 » 17 Aug 2012, 08:18

What a waste of money
/sarcasm
Already owned Borderlands but didn't buy all the DLC (which is now discounted - thanks)
Just Cause 2 was one of those games I never quite fancied but more than happy to try it out.
The real steal is the £2 off Sound Shapes - a great little game: cross-play too
This is the space where clever things gets said?
robbo1337 39

PSN ID: robbo1337
Steam: robbo1337

Postby budge » 17 Aug 2012, 08:36

I think I might subscribe to PS+, some of the deals they have are really good. Unfortunately I've already got these two gems.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby Padua » 17 Aug 2012, 09:01

Been loving PS Plus lately. If you don't buy lots of games or your a recent purchaser of a PS3 it is one sweet deal.

Wish Sony didn't have a limited download period though and it just was a library of games you could enjoy at any time. My 120Gb slim is creaking under the strain. I have to delete most games after they download just to make room for the next which is the work around to have access to everything I want whenever I want :shock:

Still,it is better than a kick in the head! :lol:
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby Drazkul » 17 Aug 2012, 09:21

Padua wrote:Been loving PS Plus lately. If you don't buy lots of games or your a recent purchaser of a PS3 it is one sweet deal.

Wish Sony didn't have a limited download period though and it just was a library of games you could enjoy at any time. My 120Gb slim is creaking under the strain. I have to delete most games after they download just to make room for the next which is the work around to have access to everything I want whenever I want :shock:

I believe your able to re-download games if you've already downloaded and uninstalled them as long as your PS+ account is still active - think you just have to go to your download history from the PS store (dont quote me on that though but i'm 90% sure thats how it works).
Drazkul 52

Xbox Live: Drazkul
PSN ID: drazkul
Steam: Drazkul

Postby tmulford » 17 Aug 2012, 15:07

Drazkul wrote:
Padua wrote:Been loving PS Plus lately. If you don't buy lots of games or your a recent purchaser of a PS3 it is one sweet deal.

I believe your able to re-download games if you've already downloaded and uninstalled them as long as your PS+ account is still active - think you just have to go to your download history from the PS store (dont quote me on that though but i'm 90% sure thats how it works).

Yep that's how it works. As long as you added it to your download list when it was available for free, you can download it for it free. I go through the process of downloading every free game and just don't action the download for games I'm not going to play. Then I have available to download if I change my mind after they have left PS+.
tmulford 58