to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

ZombiU screenshot gallery

Your comments on our articles.

And some gruesome new artwork

Ubisoft has sent over a fresh batch of screenshots for ZombiU, along with some new artwork.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

ZombiU screenshot gallery

Postby richomack360 » 16 Aug 2012, 12:38

That looks.....awful.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Re: ZombiU screenshot gallery

Postby bamozzy » 16 Aug 2012, 12:52

richomack360 wrote:That looks.....awful.

Whilst I don't think the Graphics are particularly ground-breaking, I do think they are among the best seen on a Nintendo System along with a few other Wii-U games. The most revolutionary aspect is how the game will play especially with the new controller and as Nintendo seem more concerned with game play over style (works for me) this could certainly be interesting. Also good to see Nintendo launching with a few more Adult-orientated games too
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 66

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby SavageEvil » 16 Aug 2012, 13:20

Quick comment, how does a zombie in riot gear infect anyone? His helmet prevents him/her from sinking his teeth into anything. Just a quick thought, carry on!
SavageEvil 51

Postby richomack360 » 16 Aug 2012, 13:57

bamozzy wrote:
richomack360 wrote:That looks.....awful.

Whilst I don't think the Graphics are particularly ground-breaking, I do think they are among the best seen on a Nintendo System along with a few other Wii-U games. The most revolutionary aspect is how the game will play especially with the new controller and as Nintendo seem more concerned with game play over style (works for me) this could certainly be interesting. Also good to see Nintendo launching with a few more Adult-orientated games too

But why can't they do both ? Innovation doesn't always have to come at the expense of visual flair ? I am not a graphics whore-monkey, but something worth playing with has to have a certain degree of eye catching appeal otherwise "teh grapix brigade" will not bother with it. Like my best friend's mum. (30 years ago)

Saying the visuals are some of the best seen on the Wii-U is a bit disheartening also.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby bamozzy » 16 Aug 2012, 14:24

richomack360 wrote:But why can't they do both ? Innovation doesn't always have to come at the expense of visual flair ? I am not a graphics whore-monkey, but something worth playing with has to have a certain degree of eye catching appeal otherwise "teh grapix brigade" will not bother with it. Like my best friend's mum. (30 years ago)

Saying the visuals are some of the best seen on the Wii-U is a bit disheartening also.

I am sure they can do both. However this is still early days for the console - it hasn't even been released yet!

Games on the current generation (PS3, Xbox 360) have improved greatly over the course of their life span and look to be continuing to improve with the future releases too. Games like Assassins Creed 3, Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Tomb Raider etc all look much better than their first games on the current generation.

ZombiU also looks much better than anything seen on a Nintendo system before. Assuming the Wii-U is around for a while then who's to say that games will not improve greatly over its lifespan too.

To a certain degree we have been spoilt by seeing the unreal 4 engine tech demo and the Crytek one too and from what I understand the Wii-U should be capable of playing games that use those engines so things could improve. Whilst I do think the graphics are not up to the standard we have seen on the PS3 and Xbox 360 of late, developers are having to get used to programming for the system as well as integrating the new controller and the graphics on that too combined with touch screen controls. The true limit of its graphical capability is not at the start of its life and every console has shown improvement over its lifetime - generally they are at the worst at the start.

I am interested to see how innovative the game play is with that new controller and game play is by far the most important aspect to me
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 66

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Jon Ahmad » 16 Aug 2012, 15:15

@Bamozzy: I agree 100%.
Creator of The Jellydoodz
Jon Ahmad 53

Postby Inspector74 » 16 Aug 2012, 21:31

When I first saw the shots of this with the zombies on the tube a couple of months back i actually thought this could be one of the better launch games for the U, WRONG!!! This really looks pants
Inspector74 36