PS3 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive demo next week, is PS P

Your comments on our articles.

Sample 60 minutes of the full game

PS3 owners signed up to PlayStation Plus will receive exclusive access to a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive demo next week.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

PS3 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive demo next week, is PS P

Postby timewarp1 » 16 Aug 2012, 11:18

Before there was MW there was Counter Strike. Though the early version of CS looks like black ops declassified
timewarp1 46

Re: PS3 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive demo next week, is

Postby TheLastDodo » 16 Aug 2012, 11:32

What kind of crap is this?

Pay 12 quid (price of a 90 day UK Plus sub, if EU PSN actually gets the same deal - unlikely) to access a 60 minute trial then another 12-15 quid for the game itself?

Balls to that. Good deal for current Plus subs but hows about coming up with a way of rewarding Plus subs without fecking over everyone else?

Never played Counter Strike before but if the 360 version has a demo then I know where my money will go.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FishyGinger » 16 Aug 2012, 11:38

TheLastDodo wrote:What kind of crap is this?

Pay 12 quid (price of a 90 day UK Plus sub, if EU PSN actually gets the same deal - unlikely) to access a 60 minute trial then another 12-15 quid for the game itself?

Balls to that.

Never played Counter Strike before but if the 360 version has a demo then I know where my money will go.

It was like call of duty is now, only better in every way. Also hoping there is an xbla demo, otherwise I'll stick to source for the time being.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby robbo1337 » 16 Aug 2012, 12:41

Totally psyched for CS - used to be pretty hardcore a decade ago. I'm pretty sure PL+ subs are 25% off in September...
This is the space where clever things gets said?
robbo1337 39

PSN ID: robbo1337
Steam: robbo1337

Postby only_777 » 16 Aug 2012, 12:51

Balls to that. Good deal for current Plus subs but hows about coming up with a way of rewarding Plus subs without fecking over everyone else?

Well there is all the other stuff you get from PS+ as well, it's not like this beta is the only thing!

Anyway it's clearly Sony trying to get more yearly subs for PS+, a service which I doubted at first but think is bloody great now.
The famous Dodgy Kebaab Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/dodgykebaab
only_777 62

Postby TheLastDodo » 16 Aug 2012, 13:06

only_777 wrote:

Well there is all the other stuff you get from PS+ as well, it's not like this beta is the only thing!

Anyway it's clearly Sony trying to get more yearly subs for PS+, a service which I doubted at first but think is bloody great now.

I'm aware of that mate, I used to subscribe to Plus, my point is you shouldn't have to pay 12 quid to get access to a demo, if it was one week early access to the demo then that would be fine.

If Valve are offering a demo then everyone should have access to it.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby The Bossman » 16 Aug 2012, 14:09

Cool beans, but again this is a UK centric site. I don't want to see US stories when I've chosen the UK option, ktnxbye.
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby karkify » 16 Aug 2012, 15:49

I'm aware of that mate, I used to subscribe to Plus, my point is you shouldn't have to pay 12 quid to get access to a demo, if it was one week early access to the demo then that would be fine.

If I recall correctly, demos for high profile games on XBL used to be Gold only a few years back, not sure about now. Steam is currently the same, offering access to the beta if you pre-purchase the game. It's just giving PS+ subs something for being members; early access.
karkify 50

Postby only_777 » 16 Aug 2012, 16:29

The Bossman wrote:Cool beans, but again this is a UK centric site. I don't want to see US stories when I've chosen the UK option, ktnxbye.

Damn it! Because I was excited by the idea of this I skipped right past that part. :(
The famous Dodgy Kebaab Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/dodgykebaab
only_777 62