to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

LBP Vita Cross-Controller DLC challenges Wii U

Your comments on our articles.

Dual-screen Sony gaming shown off at Gamescom

Sony's unveiled its challenger to the Wii U, the PS Vita Cross-Controller update for LittleBigPlanet 2.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

LBP Vita Cross-Controller DLC challenges Wii U

Postby jeffery6803 » 14 Aug 2012, 19:05

The only one that is going to support it is Sony; while the Wii U will get support because the tablet is included with the system and so will the 3ds xl since it will be seen as another tablet by the Wii U
jeffery6803 31

Re: LBP Vita Cross-Controller DLC challenges Wii U

Postby shev » 14 Aug 2012, 19:16

jeffery6803 wrote:The only one that is going to support it is Sony; while the Wii U will get support because the tablet is included with the system and so will the 3ds xl since it will be seen as another tablet by the Wii U

You might be right but I think that Sony will be able to ride on the back of the support for Wii U. Meaning that those multiplat-games that otherwise would have unique features for the Wii U will now in some cases have similar features for the Playstation 3/Vita. At least I hope this will be the case! :D
shev 46

Postby me4pd » 14 Aug 2012, 19:41

Challenges?

Is that supposed to mean I no longer need to buy a Wii U? Because of this? If not, what the hell was I supposed to think? Was adding a second analogue stick to pads by MS and Nintendo a 'challenge' to Playstation? Was adding 4 controller ports a 'challenge' to Nintendo and the N64? No. They were benefits that couldn't be ignored. This 'asymmetrical gameplay stuff is good for Sony, for Nintendo and for MS.

To stealth: this is not sony copying and degrading Nintendo-it's a good thing.
To everyone else: this does not make Wii U redundant.
To Andy Robson (ed.): please cool it... there are hundreds of fanboy sites out there available for idiots to get worked up over. CVG is a news/review outlet. Let's remember that.

It may be that I have pre-empted a fanwar that doesn't actually take place. As I write there are only 2 comments ahead of mine so if things do turn out fine then I apologise for preaching. Have a good evening, everyone.
me4pd 47

Postby Balladeer » 14 Aug 2012, 20:21

Me4pd... You know this place too well.

If Sony manage to get this working then good for them, but they're fighting an uphill battle. This is primarily because of the... oh dear, how can I put this... not very good Vita uptake? (Before anyone jumps on me I think the Vita's an excellent console that just needs some excellent games to go with it, but you can't argue with the sales figures. Some will try, though.) Any developer who makes cross-controller play integral is losing the cash of any PS3 owners without a Vita (i.e. most of them), while non-integral cross-controller play can seem redundant and (to use that horrible word) "gimmicky".

Sony need to lead the way with some very strong titles, and start getting some good PS3&Vita bundles out pronto.
The GNamer Forum: for civilised Nintendo discussion, podcasts, and snack reviews.
Balladeer 76

Postby stealth » 14 Aug 2012, 22:19

me4pd wrote:Challenges?

Is that supposed to mean I no longer need to buy a Wii U? Because of this? If not, what the hell was I supposed to think? Was adding a second analogue stick to pads by MS and Nintendo a 'challenge' to Playstation? Was adding 4 controller ports a 'challenge' to Nintendo and the N64? No. They were benefits that couldn't be ignored. This 'asymmetrical gameplay stuff is good for Sony, for Nintendo and for MS.

To stealth: this is not sony copying and degrading Nintendo-it's a good thing.
To everyone else: this does not make Wii U redundant.
To Andy Robson (ed.): please cool it... there are hundreds of fanboy sites out there available for idiots to get worked up over. CVG is a news/review outlet. Let's remember that.

It may be that I have pre-empted a fanwar that doesn't actually take place. As I write there are only 2 comments ahead of mine so if things do turn out fine then I apologise for preaching. Have a good evening, everyone.

This isnt copying when its worse. I would never say its copying
stealth 47