to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Frosty Lost Planet 3 trailer, screens

Your comments on our articles.

Capcom's action prequel arriving in early 2013

Capcom has sent over a new Lost Planet 3 gameplay trailer and batch of screens.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Frosty Lost Planet 3 trailer, screens

Postby lyrael » 14 Aug 2012, 17:35

I like the intro, earth's salvation lies 2 million light years away. Thats far away, i wonder how they intend to get there. Our galaxy is about 100 000 - 120 000 light years in diameter. So 2 miljon light years would be about 200k light years short of Andromeda Galaxy.
lyrael 44

Xbox Live: Lyrael
PSN ID: lyrael_psn

Re: Frosty Lost Planet 3 trailer, screens

Postby Inspector74 » 14 Aug 2012, 19:53

The first Lost planet was a mixed bag personally i absolutely loved the online I smashed it to pieces but the single player was just so ridiculously hard the second lost planet for me was just a non event so i am just not sure about lost planet 3 and why on earth have capcom got spark in to make this game theyre track record with other shooters suh as Liberty:fall of man and Legendary : the box were just awful(ok i bought em both for like 8 quis a pop and they were just such a struggle as theyre both so poor!!!) so i just have no faith in this I really hope im wrong and they pull it out the bag I just cant see how spark can save or rejuvenate the lost planet franchise :!:
Inspector74 36

Re: Frosty Lost Planet 3 trailer, screens

Postby Don Diablo » 15 Aug 2012, 02:31

lyrael wrote:I like the intro, earth's salvation lies 2 million light years away. Thats far away, i wonder how they intend to get there. Our galaxy is about 100 000 - 120 000 light years in diameter. So 2 miljon light years would be about 200k light years short of Andromeda Galaxy.

I think it's safe to say that the Lost Planet series can be categorised as science fiction, Lyrael. Not science fact you see. But science fiction. Y'know, as in Science (potentially-extrapolated-beyond-current-scientific-engineering-constraints-for-the-purposes-of-entertainment) Fiction.

But anyway, I think this is starting to show promise despite it's development (non) credentials - not least because it's already head and shoulders above that characterless husk known as Lost Planet 2 (a.k.a. this generation's equivalent of Devil May Cry 2).
The foulest 'F' word of all is... "Franchise"
Don Diablo 47