Star Wars 1313 gets stunning Gamescom trailer

Your comments on our articles.

See LucasArts' 'next-gen' action game in motion

LucasArts has released an impressive Gamescom trailer for E3 2012 stunner Star Wars 1313.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby dookiephonic » 14 Aug 2012, 13:02

For a minute there I actually thought I was watching Mass Effect :shock:
dookiephonic 55

Postby leprechaun75 » 14 Aug 2012, 13:02

Lucasarts could have easily made this game with more recognisable characters, especially Han and Chewie. what's the point in making games set in the star wars universe when there's none of the best star wars characters in it? Epic fail yet again George
leprechaun75 41

Re: Star Wars 1313 gets stunning Gamescom trailer

Postby runadumb » 14 Aug 2012, 13:14

leprechaun75 wrote:Lucasarts could have easily made this game with more recognisable characters, especially Han and Chewie. what's the point in making games set in the star wars universe when there's none of the best star wars characters in it? Epic fail yet again George

Because its a universe. There are many more stories to tell than that of the characters we already know.
runadumb 62

Postby karkify » 14 Aug 2012, 13:20

Looks great graphically, but the tiny gameplay segments (what was shown at E3 already) look weak. The animations look a bit off too. Hopefully it starts to look better as more info is released on this.
karkify 51

Postby StonecoldMC » 14 Aug 2012, 13:21

leprechaun75 wrote:Lucasarts could have easily made this game with more recognisable characters, especially Han and Chewie. what's the point in making games set in the star wars universe when there's none of the best star wars characters in it? Epic fail yet again George

This is the main reason this Game has me excited. On a side not, it looks frigging Awesome :D !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Jingee » 14 Aug 2012, 13:42

The expanded universe is MEGA. MASSIVE. There cant be enough emphasis on this. There may have been only 6 (3 ;) ) movies, but the expanded universe is beyond massive. KOTOR didn't star anyone from the movies and they didn't do so badly.
Jingee 51

Postby B_G_G » 14 Aug 2012, 13:42

My favourite Star Wars game by a MILE is Republic Commando because it didn't have any magical wizards or swords made out of neon or the same tired boring characters in.

(KoToR doesn't count as a Star Wars game in my head for some reason)

To me this looks interesting, which is something Star Wars in general hasn't been for YEARS.
B_G_G 51

Postby toaplan » 14 Aug 2012, 13:46

I think it could look even more stunning, if it wasn't so monotonically dark (gray corridors aplenty). That's why I also would have preferred the more varied locations (Tatooine, Hoth, Cloud City, Endor) of the original trilogy.

But I do like the concept and setting here, to a degree. I just hope the story and dialogue will contain enough references to the movie trilogies, so that it will still feel like a Star Wars game, even without the familiar characters, lightsabers and X-Wing battles.
Last edited by toaplan on 14 Aug 2012, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
toaplan 75

Postby bamozzy » 14 Aug 2012, 14:30

I wasn't sure about this game when I heard that there was NO Jedi type combat or any recognisable Star Wars characters. I thought it would just be a generic third person shooter and it yet may turn out that way but it certainly looks visually impressive. Hope it has a great story to match the visuals and some interesting game play too
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 68

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Virgil Cole » 14 Aug 2012, 18:07

B_G_G wrote:

My favourite Star Wars game by a MILE is Republic Commando because it didn't have any magical wizards or swords made out of neon or the same tired boring characters in.

(KoToR doesn't count as a Star Wars game in my head for some reason)

To me this looks interesting, which is something Star Wars in general hasn't been for YEARS.

=-============================

If it were not for those "magical wizards with swords made out of neon you wouldn't even know what Star Wars is, let alone be watching a game called "Star Wars 1313"

Without characters from the Star Wars universe, Expanded or movies, then it's just another game that happens to have Star Wars in the title.
Virgil Cole 3
New user

Xbox Live: Marshallcogburn
PSN ID: Bossspearman

Postby B_G_G » 15 Aug 2012, 00:54

Virgil Cole wrote:=-============================

If it were not for those "magical wizards with swords made out of neon you wouldn't even know what Star Wars is, let alone be watching a game called "Star Wars 1313"

Without characters from the Star Wars universe, Expanded or movies, then it's just another game that happens to have Star Wars in the title.

See, what I want is games in the universe (its a universe that I've grown up with) without all the tired boring dull characters that George Lucas has ruined.

I swear, if Christopher Nolan rebooted Star Wars I would be the happiest guy in the world.
B_G_G 51

Postby Reaper1000 » 15 Aug 2012, 11:22

No lightsabers. No Jedi. Not interested!
Reaper1000 1
New user

Postby B_G_G » 15 Aug 2012, 15:34

Reaper1000 wrote:No lightsabers. No Jedi. Not interested!

Ok,thats just such a depressing attitude.

There's like a bazilion Jedi lightsaber games already.

Honestly, there's a REASON we keep getting given the same dull crap year after year.
B_G_G 51

Postby bamozzy » 15 Aug 2012, 15:41

Reaper1000 wrote:No lightsabers. No Jedi. Not interested!

How blinkered!! I know I was a little disappointed that we are not getting a Jedi, lightsaber or Vehicle based Star Wars game like Battlefront or Rogue Squadron but I am impressed by the overall look of it and if it has a good story then I would consider this like any other game. I take every game for what it offers me as a gamer first and foremost. If it offers me a good gaming experience then I will consider it - I certainly haven't dismissed it because it doesn't feature Jedi's or lightsabres
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 68

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne