to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Team Fortress 2 gets new co-op game

Your comments on our articles.

Mann Vs. Machine

Valve has revealed details of a forthcoming Team Fortress 2 update which adds a new co-op mode called Mann vs. Machine.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Team Fortress 2 gets new co-op game

Postby Dandelion » 14 Aug 2012, 03:26

Horde mode for TF2, best post release support ever, now we need a deathmatch mode for L4D hahah
Dandelion 39

Re: Team Fortress 2 gets new co-op game

Postby TehSlenderMan » 14 Aug 2012, 03:32

Dandelion wrote:now we need a deathmatch mode for L4D hahah

My God, please no. That would literally kill the game. Deathmatch just doesn't belong in some games, L4D is one of them.
Have a Steam, Origin(Sadly) and Battle.net Account.
Steam: Darksiders 2, All CoDs, Saints Row 3, CSS, DoD:s, Killing Floor, DX:HR, CS:GO, many more.
Origin: Battlefield 3, Syndicate, and Mass Effect 3.
Battle.net: Diablo 2 LoD, StarCraft 2, and Diablo 3.
TehSlenderMan 31

Xbox Live: TehSlenderrMan
Steam: Teh Slender Man
Battle.net: SlenderMan#1735

Postby Dandelion » 14 Aug 2012, 05:16

Then don't play it... :P

People said the same when we played Counter Strike with a small team of armed players against 16 knife wielding bots and thats how the idea of L4D was born
Dandelion 39

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 14 Aug 2012, 08:49

Dandelion wrote:Horde mode for TF2, best post release support ever, now we need a deathmatch mode for L4D hahah

l4d already has deathmatch mode. Zombies vs humans is team deathmatch.

Can't wait to give this a whirl. It's a shame that none of the millions of improvements to TF2 ever made it to consoles.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 65

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Aug 2012, 09:43

Is this for pc only or will the console versions be updated?
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 66

Postby chunkysatsuma » 14 Aug 2012, 11:57

If you had asked me a few weeks ago if console gamers would get this I'd have thought there would be zero chance of it happening.

With the recent release of cold stream for l4d2 on the 360 and the orange. Ox appearing on games on demand right after I'd now say there was a small chance, still not likely I don't think, but a chance none the less.
chunkysatsuma 40

Postby Moribundman » 14 Aug 2012, 12:16

chunkysatsuma wrote:If you had asked me a few weeks ago if console gamers would get this I'd have thought there would be zero chance of it happening.

With the recent release of cold stream for l4d2 on the 360 and the orange. Ox appearing on games on demand right after I'd now say there was a small chance, still not likely I don't think, but a chance none the less.

Agreed. Still think it is hugely unlikely that any DLC will be released for TF2 on consoles though.

PS3 version of Orange Box was buggy as hell and largely swept under the rug by Valve in their pre-"we like PS3 now" days, and nothing else has been release on the Xbox in five years, probably due to Microsoft's policy on free DLC/Freemium/F2P.

It would be nice if the console makers got smart and agreed to rerelease a new conversion of TF2 as a bargain arcade/PSN title with paid equipment.

Unless I could transfer all my bought/crafted stuff over however, this is one game that I would resolutely stick to the PC for.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman