to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Your comments on our articles.

Not likely to be a sequel, claims report

Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager is hard at work on a 'big project', according to a developer at the studio.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby B_G_G » 14 Aug 2012, 00:49

The Line! Am I the only person in the world that liked this game?

I really did like this game.

I'd buy a sequel 2K!
User avatar
B_G_G 51
 
Posts: 830
Joined: 28 May 2004, 11:48
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby that-person » 14 Aug 2012, 00:51

B_G_G wrote:The Line! Am I the only person in the world that liked this game?

I really did like this game.

I'd buy a sequel 2K!


Nope, I loved it too :)
that-person 34
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 12:22
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby StonecoldMC » 14 Aug 2012, 01:21

Its a real shame if Spec Ops sold poorly.

I'm about half way through it right now and I'm really enjoying it. It seems like so many Games I like seem to underperform this Gen.

Damn you Gamers!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
User avatar
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14067
Joined: 14 May 2007, 20:47
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby JD_Method » 14 Aug 2012, 01:29

I thought it was pretty great, also.

The demo initially had me thinking it was such a painfully average shooter, but when the decent review scores appeared I decided to try the full game on PC and ended up buying it the day after.
User avatar
JD_Method 58
 
Posts: 808
Joined: 16 Dec 2009, 02:37
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby Ali_ » 14 Aug 2012, 08:14

Loved this game. Best single player campaign of any shooter. Intelligent and thoughtful, but those that played it to the end would know a sequel would be near impossible anyway.
User avatar
Ali_ 57
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: 09 Jan 2011, 15:57
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby solamon77 » 14 Aug 2012, 09:04

StonecoldMC wrote:Its a real shame if Spec Ops sold poorly.

I'm about half way through it right now and I'm really enjoying it. It seems like so many Games I like seem to underperform this Gen.

Damn you Gamers!

It's not just you. I've started thinking that I'm just some kind of bad luck charm or something. So many of my favorite games ended up flopping: Max Payne 3, Bulletstorm, Planescape: Torment, Spec Ops: The Line, Shadows of the Damned, Lost Odyssey, Enslaved, Mirror's Edge, System Shock 2, Heavenly Sword, etc. This list goes on and on and on.

It makes it hard to not be bitter when I see games like Call of Duty hang around in the Top 10 for 6 months.
User avatar
solamon77 44
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 01 Mar 2011, 00:32
Location: United States
Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby ilovenewtech » 14 Aug 2012, 16:28

Hi my super awesome fellow forum posters hope you are all well I got to say this game is awesome. I am about halfway through at the moment and like many posters above have said it has a really compelling story and a lot more thought about your desicions than the average shooter. Definitely deserves a sequel,come gamers go buy a copy to make sure we get one!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
User avatar
ilovenewtech 55
 
Posts: 490
Joined: 11 Mar 2011, 10:36
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby that-person » 14 Aug 2012, 17:33

solamon77 wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:Its a real shame if Spec Ops sold poorly.

I'm about half way through it right now and I'm really enjoying it. It seems like so many Games I like seem to underperform this Gen.

Damn you Gamers!

It's not just you. I've started thinking that I'm just some kind of bad luck charm or something. So many of my favorite games ended up flopping: Max Payne 3, Bulletstorm, Planescape: Torment, Spec Ops: The Line, Shadows of the Damned, Lost Odyssey, Enslaved, Mirror's Edge, System Shock 2, Heavenly Sword, etc. This list goes on and on and on.

It makes it hard to not be bitter when I see games like Call of Duty hang around in the Top 10 for 6 months.


You, my friend are right, all these good games have come out and are coming out which don't sell very well really makes me sad, and like you said they're all being crushed by Call of Generic Shooter, brings a tear to my eye.
that-person 34
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 12:22
Location: United Kingdom


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Mmmmgrolsch and 3 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]