to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Your comments on our articles.

Not likely to be a sequel, claims report

Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager is hard at work on a 'big project', according to a developer at the studio.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby B_G_G » 14 Aug 2012, 00:49

The Line! Am I the only person in the world that liked this game?

I really did like this game.

I'd buy a sequel 2K!
B_G_G 51

Re: Spec Ops: The Line dev working on 'big project' - dev

Postby that-person » 14 Aug 2012, 00:51

B_G_G wrote:The Line! Am I the only person in the world that liked this game?

I really did like this game.

I'd buy a sequel 2K!

Nope, I loved it too :)
that-person 34

Postby StonecoldMC » 14 Aug 2012, 01:21

Its a real shame if Spec Ops sold poorly.

I'm about half way through it right now and I'm really enjoying it. It seems like so many Games I like seem to underperform this Gen.

Damn you Gamers!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby JD_Method » 14 Aug 2012, 01:29

I thought it was pretty great, also.

The demo initially had me thinking it was such a painfully average shooter, but when the decent review scores appeared I decided to try the full game on PC and ended up buying it the day after.
JD_Method 58

Postby Ali_ » 14 Aug 2012, 08:14

Loved this game. Best single player campaign of any shooter. Intelligent and thoughtful, but those that played it to the end would know a sequel would be near impossible anyway.
Ali_ 57

Postby solamon77 » 14 Aug 2012, 09:04

StonecoldMC wrote:Its a real shame if Spec Ops sold poorly.

I'm about half way through it right now and I'm really enjoying it. It seems like so many Games I like seem to underperform this Gen.

Damn you Gamers!

It's not just you. I've started thinking that I'm just some kind of bad luck charm or something. So many of my favorite games ended up flopping: Max Payne 3, Bulletstorm, Planescape: Torment, Spec Ops: The Line, Shadows of the Damned, Lost Odyssey, Enslaved, Mirror's Edge, System Shock 2, Heavenly Sword, etc. This list goes on and on and on.

It makes it hard to not be bitter when I see games like Call of Duty hang around in the Top 10 for 6 months.
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby ilovenewtech » 14 Aug 2012, 16:28

Hi my super awesome fellow forum posters hope you are all well I got to say this game is awesome. I am about halfway through at the moment and like many posters above have said it has a really compelling story and a lot more thought about your desicions than the average shooter. Definitely deserves a sequel,come gamers go buy a copy to make sure we get one!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
ilovenewtech 55

Postby that-person » 14 Aug 2012, 17:33

solamon77 wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:Its a real shame if Spec Ops sold poorly.

Damn you Gamers!

It's not just you. I've started thinking that I'm just some kind of bad luck charm or something. So many of my favorite games ended up flopping: Max Payne 3, Bulletstorm, Planescape: Torment, Spec Ops: The Line, Shadows of the Damned, Lost Odyssey, Enslaved, Mirror's Edge, System Shock 2, Heavenly Sword, etc. This list goes on and on and on.

It makes it hard to not be bitter when I see games like Call of Duty hang around in the Top 10 for 6 months.

You, my friend are right, all these good games have come out and are coming out which don't sell very well really makes me sad, and like you said they're all being crushed by Call of Generic Shooter, brings a tear to my eye.
that-person 34