to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: Our veteran spends 15 hour

Your comments on our articles.

Why GO could be just as successful as its predecessors...

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive launches later this month, nearly eight years after its predecessor, and it's threatening to suck us back into the CS universe all over again.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: Our veteran spends 15 hour

Postby svd_grasshopper » 13 Aug 2012, 15:52

CS is awesome, but i dont think it will be as difficult as the PC verson - nowhere near it in fact. they have been playing it for years. you get cut down almost instantaneously on PC, with every bit of the map mastered and skills honed to a T.

i fear this game will feel dated though, and have the trademark valve no-punch feel to the weapons.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: Our veteran spends 15

Postby nathar » 13 Aug 2012, 16:14

If they gave games numbers, then this would be Counter Strike 3
Thats right - Valve have made a third game in a series. Im off to stock up for the apocalypse.
nathar 47

Postby FishyGinger » 13 Aug 2012, 16:18

CS 1.6 was the latest 'old version wasn't it, then condition zero, then source. Anyone know if there will be offline mode with bots? I may not always have t'internet?
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby StonecoldMC » 13 Aug 2012, 16:25

I remember putting in a few hours with CS many moons ago, nowhere near 2000 mind you and it really was / is a great Game.

I ain't going to get it though, not because I think it'll be rubbish or they are messing with a perfected model already, but Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 and COD are all ahead on my wish list for FPS this year and that's me missing out on Games like Hybrid and others because I don't have the time to put into a FPS, which you really really need to do.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby TheLastDodo » 13 Aug 2012, 16:38

FishyGinger wrote:CS 1.6 was the latest 'old version wasn't it, then condition zero, then source. Anyone know if there will be offline mode with bots? I may not always have t'internet?

Yes it's confirmed you can play offline against bots.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Headsrinker » 13 Aug 2012, 16:41

I've been playing the CS:GO beta for some months now, its great fun. This is how games should be released, tested over a number of months until the game is nearing perfection for full release.
Headsrinker 49

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Postby nathar » 13 Aug 2012, 16:44

There are bots and offline modes in the new game, and they work quite nicely across the various gamemodes. Having said that, the AI is still being tweaked as the bots can be rather prescient on higher difficulties. I cant imagine there will ever be a time when they arent fine tuning this
nathar 47