Konami says you can swap broken Silent Hill HD Collection fo

Your comments on our articles.

Publisher offers something of an apology after cancelling Xbox 360 patch for the game

Konami's US division has said it'll swap copies of the borked Xbox 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection for another game if players still have their receipt and make a request in writing.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby lonewolf2002 » 13 Aug 2012, 10:40

Wow so I take it the 360 version will be pulled from sale as it is broken and they will not fix it? Way to go Konami...............not.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby AJDarkstar » 13 Aug 2012, 10:43

Suddenly, the guy who made Fez doesn't look so bad, does he?
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby ingy » 13 Aug 2012, 10:43

Is the 360 version that bad?
these things often get blown out of all proportion, i would be interested to hear if any of you guys have a copy and if you've experienced any of these problems.
I'm still quite interested in picking up a cheap copy, a few minor sound problems for instance i can put up with.
ingy 64

Postby metallicorphan » 13 Aug 2012, 10:50

You need a receipt,the game was released months ago and i believe receipts are useless after 90s days,so who the hell kept their receipt then well done...not sure why you can't just give the barcode on the back of the box instead

if i could get a new game from that list,i would look into downpour but i have heard that is a mess as well,maybe Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE

ingy wrote:Is the 360 version that bad?
these things often get blown out of all proportion, i would be interested to hear if any of you guys have a copy and if you've experienced any of these problems.
I'm still quite interested in picking up a cheap copy, a few minor sound problems for instance i can put up with.

From what i have played of mine,it's so-so..for some reason stamp/kick doesn't always work when you want to finish off an enemy and as for the graphics....the PS2 version i have looks better,no honestly

The scene at the graveyard at the beginning ..the grass and the reeds make it look like a PS1 game

Only played SH2 up to now,i heard SH3 is worse and has a lot of freezes/crashes

EDIT: Oh and this is nothing but pure laziness on Konami's part,Microsoft don't charge for first patches so they can't complain that it would not be worth it...with Konami losing the original codes of SH2 and 3(which is why this port is shite),Konami have lost the entire plot...if they ever lose Hideo then they are finished
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Re: Konami says you can swap broken Silent Hill HD Collectio

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 13 Aug 2012, 11:18

You can swap your £30 broken game for a s**t list of other games that can mostly be found for £10 and we'll make it a pain in the arse to sort.

Oh my, you are really good to your customers..... Not. How's about giving them a full refund?
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Shaunyboy12 » 13 Aug 2012, 11:43

Makes me feel absolutely sick, didn't buy the game, but how the hell can they get away with doing this? Clearly the product was nowhere near finished before they released it, and they don't even fix it? Just offer games that are worth less as a replacement? I'd want a full refund...
Shaunyboy12 50

Postby veato » 13 Aug 2012, 12:00

Because the game has an inherent fault that cannot be repaired you can simply take it back to the shop you bought it from under the Sale of Goods Act (1979) as not fit for purpose. And by the way in the UK proof of purchase DOES NOT have to be a shop printed till receipt.

Go here and have a look to see what professional advice says
What I'm Playing Most: Ni No Kuni (PS3) / Titanfall (XBO) / Kerbal Space Program (Mac/PC) / Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

BLOG
veato 48

Xbox Live: veato
PSN ID: veato666
Steam: veato

Postby TheLastDodo » 13 Aug 2012, 12:35

If anyone is going to take advantage of this then I'd recommend Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FixBeatGames » 13 Aug 2012, 12:49

veato wrote:Because the game has an inherent fault that cannot be repaired you can simply take it back to the shop you bought it from under the Sale of Goods Act (1979) as not fit for purpose. And by the way in the UK proof of purchase DOES NOT have to be a shop printed till receipt.

Go here and have a look to see what professional advice says

this. why one earth would anyone bother to write a letter and put the receipt in the mail lmao.

just take the bastard thing back to the shop, if the shop says it's microsoft's problem and wont give you a refund, get your mobile phone out, ring the police and get them to the shop, and see if the shopkeeper still wants to say it's not their problem.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby plain_kloz_cop » 13 Aug 2012, 18:37

One of, if not 'the', defining horror stories of a generation, in any form of media, and this is how Konami treats it?! Madness!
Jim Sterling has given a very interesting, and swear ridden, rant of this on the Escapist. Just in case you didn't think Konami could be any bigger ass-hats than they already are...:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... 524-Konami
plain_kloz_cop 48

Postby Mick81 » 17 Aug 2012, 19:32

i bought the hd collection off amazon in june for £12, I had never played silent hill 2 before on ps2 and i didn't notice any problems with the game in fact it was one of the best games i have ever played maybe i didn't notice its flaws because i never played it back in the day or maybe i was lucky and got decent copy without these frame rate and audio sync problems, the only thing that slightly annoyed me was in certain places the game felt very dark and even with the flash light equipped i had to turn the brightness way up to full to be able to see where i was meant to go, apart from that i thought it was brilliant and i still haven't checked out silent hill 3 :|
Mick81 1
New user