The 20 killer PSN games you can play right now

Your comments on our articles.

And they're all less than £11...

Myth #1: games are expensive. Sure, the ones you buy in boxes are, but the ones you can buy right now via PSN, aren't. Myth #2: PSN games are all throw-away retro nonsense. Sure, some are HD remakes, but most are full games; games you'll play longer than many of their boxed cousins. So, here are the 20 best games on PSN.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby charlyd » 04 Aug 2012, 17:29

most of these are or were free on ps plus absolute bargains :D
charlyd 33

PSN ID: june567

Postby El Mag » 04 Aug 2012, 17:38

I've been hoping for Stacking to be on Plus again for ages, I missed it the first time it was. And I know if I give in and buy it the t**t will no doubt be on the next Plus update.

The last game I got off PSN was Judge Dee. It was a bit s**t really.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Re: The 20 killer PSN games you can play right now

Postby martinawatson » 04 Aug 2012, 19:16

Really excellent list this time, apart from leaving off one of , if not the best the tower defence game on any platform......Savage moon (half the cvg regulers chuck themselves out the window).
Please if you want something that you can really get your teeth into, buy it and the waldegeist expansion, you wont regret it.
Quite liking rock of ages, but then thats been on steam a while.
Please cvg go back and look at savage moon with the expansion pack, it just bloody rocks, it has to be my favourite all time game. I feel like im in a world where im saying banoffee pie is great and everyone else is saying, nah i havnt tried it ,whatever mate, it sounds rubbish i'll stick with my rich tea biscuit!!!
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby TheBusterMan » 04 Aug 2012, 19:43

Dead Nation is very over rated.
TheBusterMan 49

Postby steve w » 04 Aug 2012, 20:12

TheBusterMan wrote:Dead Nation is very over rated.

It is I found it very boring I only like one game on that list ratchet and clank even though it's a bit short also never got on with that tomb raider one very boring lost interest after the 3rd level.
steve w 57

Postby Soviet1918 » 04 Aug 2012, 21:36

Myth #1: games are expensive. Sure, the ones you buy in boxes are, but the ones you can buy right now via PSN, aren't.

Total pro digital propaganda... How about naming the games on disc "second user" that are half the price compared to PSN digital download..
Советский Союз
Soviet1918 45

PSN ID: Soviet1918

Postby hi0marc » 04 Aug 2012, 21:41

How well populated is BF1943 these days, was really good when I played it last year or so.
hi0marc 41

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 05 Aug 2012, 00:29

Some of the games on this list are truly fantastic, however a lot are multi format so it takes away some of the impact and a couple are just flat out s**t.

With games so cheap 2nd hand though paying 11 quid for a digital game is a waste of time, i still think digital offerings should be at micro prices, 5 quid tops.

Also to any developers who constantly complain about how expensive it is to develop games hence the expensive costs to the consumer, heres my advice.....

1.) Stop hiring crappy 3rd rate tv and film actors to do the voices or worst of all rappers, seriously rappers, the lowest form of musician, hire professional voice actors who are better and cost far far far far less.

2.) Stop doing rubbish over the top half time in a champions league final adverts (yes COD im looking at you) that cost millions.

Games are expensive to make only if you make them so, some of the very best games of this generation or at the very least biggest sellers and biggest profit makers cost thousands/hundreds of thousands not millions. Angry Birds/plants v zombies/peggle/minecraft/journey/braid/trials/fex/castle crashers the list is endless they make some developers look like total t**ts.
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Aug 2012, 01:11

Killzone 3 Multiplayer is not free.

Once you get to level 10 you have to pay to keep playing. The free version is just a glorified extended demo, any decent player will have to get their wallet after three hours.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 05 Aug 2012, 04:04

TheLastDodo wrote:Killzone 3 Multiplayer is not free.

any decent player will have to get their wallet after three hours.

I take it you still havnt opened your wallet then? lol lol
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby slick loose » 05 Aug 2012, 07:40

TheBusterMan wrote:Dead Nation is very over rated.

Very overrated foe you maybe but me and my Wife LOVED it, completed it on the hardest difficulty. I just wish they would bring out another 10 levels for the campaign.

The same with the Lara croft game, needs more levels!
TheLastDodo wrote:Killzone 3 Multiplayer is not free.

Once you get to level 10 you have to pay to keep playing. The free version is just a glorified extended demo, any decent player will have to get their wallet after three hours.

Still, how many other online multiplayer games do you know that offer 3+ hours for free before you have to pay for it? Hell, it's longer than that Ratchet & Clank game, which was painfully short.

And yes Martin, we all know Savage Moon is the bee knees.

Megatrons_Fury wrote:Some of the games on this list are truly fantastic, however a lot are multi format so it takes away some of the impact and a couple are just flat out s**t.

With games so cheap 2nd hand though paying 11 quid for a digital game is a waste of time, i still think digital offerings should be at micro prices, 5 quid tops.

I completely agree with your post...up until here anyway.
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby Ali_ » 05 Aug 2012, 09:53

You forgot Gotham City Imposters. It's £11.99 of pure joy. Beats almost every serious FPS this generation. Pure, unpretentious fun in the vein of Unreal, Quake etc.
Ali_ 58

Postby plain_kloz_cop » 05 Aug 2012, 11:17

No mention of Outland. Tsk, tsk.
plain_kloz_cop 47

Postby Ali_ » 05 Aug 2012, 11:54

hi0marc wrote:How well populated is BF1943 these days, was really good when I played it last year or so.

Still loads of players when I fancy a quick blast for old times' sake. Same with Bad Company 1 & 2. Some of those maps are still better than BF3....
Ali_ 58

Postby voodoo341 » 05 Aug 2012, 14:22

Ali_ wrote:
Still loads of players when I fancy a quick blast for old times' sake. Same with Bad Company 1 & 2. Some of those maps are still better than BF3....

Crying shame Dice never really supported 1943 with new maps etc after it was released.
voodoo341 75

Next