to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Leaked Xbox 720 dev kit images may be real

Your comments on our articles.

Report claims "AAA" devs confirm authenticity

A report by Digital Foundry suggests images of an alleged Xbox 720 development kit could be real.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Leaked Xbox 720 dev kit images may be real

Postby Cryotek » 30 Jul 2012, 08:25

*looks at PC tower*

"Awesome, I have an Xbox 720 and it's not even out yet!" :lol:
Cryotek 36

Re: Leaked Xbox 720 dev kit images may be real

Postby Ali_ » 30 Jul 2012, 08:56

Please tell me that's not a touch screen tablet controller.
Ali_ 57

Postby StonecoldMC » 30 Jul 2012, 09:21

Ali_ wrote:Please tell me that's not a touch screen tablet controller.

Will that not be Surface or Smart Glass?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby XFinalFateX » 30 Jul 2012, 10:24

Great! Now they can milk Halo,COD, and Gears for another 5 to 6, or maybe even 7 years! If we get lucky, they will buy the DLC rights to PS4 exclusives! God I hate Microsoft :roll:
XFinalFateX 18

PSN ID: XFinal_FateX

Postby StonecoldMC » 30 Jul 2012, 10:40

:lol:

If you hate Microsoft that much, shouldn't you have used either :evil: or :x ?

Don't think the Rolling Eyes emoticon properly conveys hatred correctly, though I may have mixed up hatred with disdain?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Drusus » 30 Jul 2012, 10:45

XFinalFateX wrote:Great! Now they can milk Halo,COD, and Gears for another 5 to 6, or maybe even 7 years! If we get lucky, they will buy the DLC rights to PS4 exclusives! God I hate Microsoft :roll:

Yeah I can't wait for GT6, God of War 4/5/6 and Killzone 4/5, If we're lucky they'll get out of debt so they can buy some dlc exclusives. Lol

Also you forgot to list Forza, you know, the highest rated racing franchise this generation, booyah.

:roll:

No but seriously Microsoft have gone from having the best console to having the most advert littered console in the space of three years and have really made no attempts to alleviate fears the hardcore gamers that built the 360 base have that they're slowly being pushed aside. Joking aside 360 started on the best foot and PS3 started on the worst but PS3 is still pushing to win the hearts of the hardcore while 360 has forgotten them.

All of that has meant I am now open to suggestion from Sony for the next gen, three years ago I'd have snapped your hand off for a 720 now It'll be a hard sell. Nice move Microsoft but I'm sure the casual Kinect crowd will buy a next gen console at launch won't they.... won't they? Oops, better start rebuilding bridges.
Drusus 58

Postby thelazyone » 30 Jul 2012, 10:52

StonecoldMC wrote::lol:

If you hate Microsoft that much, shouldn't you have used either :evil: or :x ?

Don't think the Rolling Eyes emoticon properly conveys hatred correctly, though I may have mixed up hatred with disdain?

Hahahaha lovely post.
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby thelazyone » 30 Jul 2012, 10:53

Dammit i have over £300 stored on my gamestation card ready for the WiiU or the next bad boy,

please Microsoft, give us a release date, just something..

the wait is too long!!! lol
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Postby Drusus » 30 Jul 2012, 10:55

thelazyone wrote:Dammit i have over £300 stored on my gamestation card ready for the WiiU or the next bad boy,

You have £300 on a Gamestation card? You either have nuts of steel or you're mental.
Drusus 58

Postby thelazyone » 30 Jul 2012, 11:37

Drusus wrote:
thelazyone wrote:Dammit i have over £300 stored on my gamestation card ready for the WiiU or the next bad boy,

You have £300 on a Gamestation card? You either have nuts of steel or you're mental.

Probably a bit both lol, that's why I'm cashing in on the first opportunity regardless of which machine!
thelazyone 57

Postby Ali_ » 30 Jul 2012, 11:41

Drusus wrote:Yeah I can't wait for GT6, God of War 4/5/6 and Killzone 4/5, If we're lucky they'll get out of debt so they can buy some dlc exclusives. Lol

Also you forgot to list Forza, you know, the highest rated racing franchise this generation, booyah.

Erm, can you really criticise Sony for sequels while using a sequel to defend MS? :lol:

As for GT and Forza, isn't everyone bored to death with them? Even more so than CoD's endless rehashing?

And you'd have thought MS would have watched the Wii's gradual user base collapse over the past year or two and realise that casual pandering only gets you hardware sales, not software or loyalty?
Ali_ 57

Postby MrPirtniw » 30 Jul 2012, 11:48

Ali_ wrote:Erm, can you really criticise Sony for sequels while using a sequel to defend MS? :lol:

As for GT and Forza, isn't everyone bored to death with them? Even more so than CoD's endless rehashing?

And you'd have thought MS would have watched the Wii's gradual user base collapse over the past year or two and realise that casual pandering only gets you hardware sales, not software or loyalty?

He was just deflecting XFinalfateX's argument back at him. Guy seems to think its only MS that release a lot sequels and throw their money around. The big silly.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Drusus » 30 Jul 2012, 11:56

Ali_ wrote:
Drusus wrote:Yeah I can't wait for GT6, God of War 4/5/6 and Killzone 4/5, If we're lucky they'll get out of debt so they can buy some dlc exclusives. Lol

Erm, can you really criticise Sony for sequels while using a sequel to defend MS? :lol:

You know I was joking you cheeky scamp, I can honestly say the game I'm most looking forward to is The Last of Us. I just don't know what Microsoft are thinking, you hit the nail on the head with 'casual pandering'. Going to be an interesting next gen.
Drusus 58

Postby Ali_ » 30 Jul 2012, 13:49

Hate to say it, but with weakening sales of exclusive IP, I can see Sony pandering to the same Angry Birds market. If you consider how MAG, inFamous 1 and 2, Killzone3, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank, Starhawk, Twisted Metal etc etc have all sold less than expected, some dramatically less, I can see them seeing hardcore gaming as a market to avoid. The problem is, hardcore gamers tend to find a handful of online games and play them over and over again rather than completing a single player campaign then trading for the next big thing, the way things used to be.
Ali_ 57

Postby alan666 » 30 Jul 2012, 22:21

StonecoldMC wrote:
Ali_ wrote:Please tell me that's not a touch screen tablet controller.

Will that not be Surface or Smart Glass?

I hope not !
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Next