Modern Warfare 3: Terminal map dated for PS3

Your comments on our articles.

Classic MW2 level makes the jump to Sony's console next month

Popular Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer map Terminal will hit the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 3 next month.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Modern Warfare 3: Terminal map dated for PS3

Postby bamozzy » 26 Jul 2012, 15:55

Having got this map (as I am on xbox with MW3) I was looking forward to getting this map - especially as it was free. Despite looking better in general (although more muted and realistic) it still retains everything that the original did in terms of accessible areas, routes and playing style. However that is not necessarily a good thing as it shows how much better the map design from MW3 is. I know people whinge about the maps in MW3 but from my perspective I actually prefer the design of them. MW2 is a lot more 'camper' friendly and the maps in MW3 have gone a long way to restrict the camping opportunity. MW3 maps do not have a particularly strong camping area as there are multiple flanking routes just for starters.

Much as I like having 'Terminal' the old play style and campers are back!! Snipers and Noob tubers are everywhere too - but fortunately the Grenades are not as powerful or replenished either (thankfully MW3 does not have Danger Close or One Mans Army!!!)

The best thing about having this map is it is also playable in Spec-Ops Survival and you can put the more campy game style to good use with a couple of sentry guns to help you too!. It is a good map from MW" but it is really shown up by MW3 maps especially the DLC ones and As I got this with Decommission and Offshore - it is definitely overshadowed by these!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 68

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Re: Modern Warfare 3: Terminal map dated for PS3

Postby Headsrinker » 26 Jul 2012, 22:20

INNOVATIVE
Headsrinker 49

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 27 Jul 2012, 00:32

bamozzy wrote:Having got this map (as I am on xbox with MW3) I was looking forward to getting this map - especially as it was free. Despite looking better in general (although more muted and realistic) it still retains everything that the original did in terms of accessible areas, routes and playing style. However that is not necessarily a good thing as it shows how much better the map design from MW3 is. I know people whinge about the maps in MW3 but from my perspective I actually prefer the design of them. MW2 is a lot more 'camper' friendly and the maps in MW3 have gone a long way to restrict the camping opportunity. MW3 maps do not have a particularly strong camping area as there are multiple flanking routes just for starters.

Much as I like having 'Terminal' the old play style and campers are back!! Snipers and Noob tubers are everywhere too - but fortunately the Grenades are not as powerful or replenished either (thankfully MW3 does not have Danger Close or One Mans Army!!!)

The best thing about having this map is it is also playable in Spec-Ops Survival and you can put the more campy game style to good use with a couple of sentry guns to help you too!. It is a good map from MW" but it is really shown up by MW3 maps especially the DLC ones and As I got this with Decommission and Offshore - it is definitely overshadowed by these!

I agree, the two new maps put Terminal to shame, although Terminal would not have have been my MW2 choice to bring back. Also although MW3 does have Scavenger it does not replenish lethal items so none of the infinite claymores etc anymore which balances it better.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby bamozzy » 27 Jul 2012, 10:11

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:I agree, the two new maps put Terminal to shame, although Terminal would not have have been my MW2 choice to bring back. Also although MW3 does have Scavenger it does not replenish lethal items so none of the infinite claymores etc anymore which balances it better.

It was not my favourite map from MW2 either and neither was High Rise (which Seems very popular) That map was also Flawed as you often got Spawn Sniped at the start - another reason why I think MW3 maps are better designed in terms of layout! I actually liked the DLC maps that came out with this and I don't mean the 4 CoD4 Maps that were in these 2 map packs. Fuel was massive, Bailout, Carnival and Salvage were good fun, Trailer Park was very CQ! Even Storm was OK (probably the weakest of the DLC maps though) But in my opinion some of these are better than 'Terminal'. Its funny that when people talk about Maps from previous CoD's they NEVER mention the DLC maps. My Favourite maps from CoD4 were Broadcast and CreeK!

I never purchased any of the W@W map packs and won't be getting them as the online game is broken now (too many hackers!!) but I did get all the Black Ops Map packs and they had some great maps in them too. Even when Treyarch bring back a Map, at least they completely redesign it (unlike IW) Cliffside from W@W became 'Hazard' so at least it felt new and fresh but again my favourite maps are from the DLC!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 68

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne