to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Tokyo Jungle review: It doesn't look triple-A, but it's a to

Your comments on our articles.

Play as tigers, bears and giraffes... on roller skates

On the deserted streets of Tokyo, a fight ensues. On one side, a gang of hissing stray cats; on the other side, a vicious pack of hyenas. And stumbling in on this massive pile-on is you: a cute Pomeranian puppy dressed in a baseball cap and raincoat. This jackpot massacre could provide all the calories you need to become big and strong and attract a mate - that is, if you survive it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tokyo Jungle review: It doesn't look triple-A, but it's a to

Postby jdkoke » 25 Jul 2012, 13:07

This sounds good and I want it. I don't think I can bring myself to dress them up though, people that do that to animals in real life should be shot; repeatedly. That is all
jdkoke 43

Xbox Live: KuruptK
PSN ID: Kris_S_273
Steam: jdkoke273

Re: Tokyo Jungle review: It doesn't look triple-A, but it's

Postby Charlie Bell » 25 Jul 2012, 13:17

This looks mental.

Can't seem to find anything of a UK release date though.
Charlie Bell 51

Postby stealth » 25 Jul 2012, 13:26

"It doesn't look triple-A"

so it doesnt look like it has a big budget?

that has nothing to do with the game, what a p**s poor review
stealth 47

Postby stealth » 25 Jul 2012, 13:28

" doesn't exactly look triple-A. The graphics are PS2.5-quality, the textures chunky, the animation jerky, the resolution low, the HUD busy."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
stealth 47

Postby StonecoldMC » 25 Jul 2012, 13:47

That's a lot of eyes being rolled, Stealth. Whats the problem?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby stealth » 25 Jul 2012, 13:50

StonecoldMC wrote:That's a lot of eyes being rolled, Stealth. Whats the problem?

I believe I made it clear
stealth 47

Postby StonecoldMC » 25 Jul 2012, 13:58

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box today im afraid, you may have to spell it out to me.

CVG dont think the Game is AAA and then list a few reasons why and you seem to have taken offence to this?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby stealth » 25 Jul 2012, 14:02

StonecoldMC wrote:I'm not the sharpest tool in the box today im afraid, you may have to spell it out to me.

CVG dont think the Game is AAA and then list a few reasons why and you seem to have taken offence to this?

Because they dont know what AAA means.

Its like saying oh wow this animal looks like a whale, it has fur, claws, wings, ect
stealth 47

Postby Mastermue » 25 Jul 2012, 14:15

It's days like this I wish my PS3 hadn't died. Ho hum.

The review seemed perfectly fine to me and I'm a nit picky a-hole. :D
I jumped, O my brothers, and I fell hard but I did not snuff it, oh no. if I had snuffed it, I would not be here to tell what I have told.
Mastermue 53

Postby jdkoke » 25 Jul 2012, 14:34

stealth wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:I'm not the sharpest tool in the box today im afraid, you may have to spell it out to me.

Its like saying oh wow this animal looks like a whale, it has fur, claws, wings, ect

Hahaha you crack me up you mental little f**ker.

I have always wondered to myself, possibly fan I'm stoned, do you lull people in to a fake sense of security by acting so stupid then BAM! you surprise with hidden - very deeply hidden - intellect?? Hence Stealth?

I joke I joke, I know you ain't acting :shock:
jdkoke 43

Postby dustythebunny » 25 Jul 2012, 14:46

I'm still quite nonplussed at what this game is about: is it a one-screen fighting game set in a closed environment? Is it a side-scrolling beat 'em up a la Streets Of Rage? You gain stats like in an RPG and pass on skills to future generations?!

Somebody explain... :?
dustythebunny 40

Postby jdkoke » 25 Jul 2012, 14:53

dustythebunny wrote:I'm still quite nonplussed at what this game is about: is it a one-screen fighting game set in a closed environment? Is it a side-scrolling beat 'em up a la Streets Of Rage? You gain stats like in an RPG and pass on skills to future generations?!

Somebody explain... :?

Haha good questions! In all honesty I think after I read you can play as a lion and a sabre-toothed tiger I forgot to care about anything else :D
jdkoke 43

Postby StonecoldMC » 25 Jul 2012, 15:03

stealth wrote:

AAA is subjective, there are a few different thoughts on what a AAA title actually is. Some of the things that CVG mention would mean this is not a AAA Game, that doesn't mean that its not good. Not for one second though.

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby jdkoke » 25 Jul 2012, 15:20

StonecoldMC wrote:
AAA is subjective, there are a few different thoughts on what a AAA title actually is. Some of the things that CVG mention would mean this is not a AAA Game, that doesn't mean that its not good. Not for one second though.

AAA = Big blockbuster/studio movie with relative money pumped in to it, budget and marketing wise. £80 mill+ but more realisticly well over 100
Middle one = Smaller studio film, a film that could be considered a risk or a new director etc £20-80 mill
Indie - Independently made. < £20 mill

Least that's how I think (in very broad simplistic terms) of them, using the film industry as a comparison. I personally don't use AAA as a measure of quality
jdkoke 43

Postby starvinbull » 25 Jul 2012, 15:38

jdkoke wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:

AAA = Big blockbuster/studio movie with relative money pumped in to it, budget and marketing wise. £80 mill+ but more realisticly well over 100
Middle one = Smaller studio film, a film that could be considered a risk or a new director etc £20-80 mill
Indie - Independently made. < £20 mill

Least that's how I think (in very broad simplistic terms) of them, using the film industry as a comparison. I personally don't use AAA as a measure of quality

I think of AAA as meaning a game with a broad appeal that isn't compromised and has a very polished core gameplay experience. I couldn't begin to guess whether this game is just from the sound of it but it sounds pretty good to me.
starvinbull 59

Next