to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Resident Evil 6: Does Capcom's all-action Resident Evil betr

Your comments on our articles.

Or is it the best in the series?

Resident Evil 6 is Capcom cashing in their chips on the triple-A lottery and just banking on a little bit of everything. There are six heroes, three campaigns, two different flavours of co-op and more variety in E3's three fifteen-minute demos than most games manage in their entire campaign. But it's so busy making new friends and being all things to all people it might have forgotten to just be Resident Evil.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Resident Evil 6: Does Capcom's all-action Resident Evil betr

Postby Stryker89 » 21 Jul 2012, 18:45

This will be poorly received by critics and consumers alike, you watch.
Stryker89 60

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Re: Resident Evil 6: Does Capcom's all-action Resident Evil

Postby IplayVideogames » 21 Jul 2012, 19:25

Well that killed my enthusiasm for the game.Will probably still get it though as it's the only game out near my birthday. :(
I wish CVG would stop giving Peter Molyneux publicity
IplayVideogames 32

Postby toaplan » 21 Jul 2012, 19:59

I haven't got RE Revelations for the 3DS yet, which is a more traditional Resi game for those that want one. I might buy it later, but right now I'm more in the mood for this. 3 separate campaigns with different storylines and playing styles, each one on its own said to be around 70%-80% of the length of the RE5 campaign, sounds really good :) . Capcom seems to be making an effort to pack a lot of content in the game and that's always appreciated.
toaplan 73

Postby bamozzy » 21 Jul 2012, 21:44

Anyone expecting a Resident Evil game in the traditional sense I think will be really disappointed! I do not think this will fall into the Horror Survival genre but into the action genre - like Resident Evil 5. Graphically what I have seen though has impressed me - compared to RE% again - it certainly appears a step up. Game play has not impressed me as much though - it seems there are more QTE's than ever and I have heard there is also 4 hours of cut scenes too. I know each mission is supposed to be about 70-80% of Resident evil 5 but are those extra minutes spent just watching these scenes? It also appears to be a lot more controlled in terms of movement/direction and pacing too. so I wonder if it will be as much fun to play - at least RE5 was very playable even if it isn't really a Resident Evil game. I can't stand QTE's - I know RE5 has some but RE6 seems to have even more!!

For me this has dropped off my essential list and onto my 'might get if the price is right' list

How the mighty have fallen and are falling all around too... (Resident Evil and Dead Space... GRRRR!!! :evil: )
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 65

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Blue Odeyssey » 21 Jul 2012, 21:59

I do miss the more traditional Resident Evil games, that being said I immensely enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and 5 so im torn at the moment, I love the fact there will be more cut scenes as the story and character of the games really are unique, there is literally nothing else out there like it. That being said hearing that Quick Time Events are quite a prominent feature bothers me, if its anything like Ninja Blade I will cry.
Blue Odeyssey 30

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 Jul 2012, 22:08

Stryker89 wrote:This will be poorly received by critics and consumers alike, you watch.

Critics: Possibly.

Consumers: Highly doubt it.

Consumers like brand names and shooting things, how else could that awful Operation Raccoon City sell over 2m copies in it's first two months?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby steve w » 22 Jul 2012, 08:04

I dont think so Iam loving the way re6 is going 3 different storylines when a series has been around has long has re you have to change it up abit but not everyone will like it.
It will sell well because so many people seem on this site and others seem to hate it I think it will drive more people to give it a go.
steve w 57

Postby Penguin101 » 22 Jul 2012, 10:04

If you look like games such as Amnesia and Slender it puts franchises that have lost their way like this to shame :( It also proves that Capcom have become soulless, they only have released new IPs because of the bull headedness of some of its employees who risked getting fired by developing the games anyway.
Penguin101 32

Postby lonewolf2002 » 22 Jul 2012, 10:39

I must admit I do not have high hopes for this, but hope I am wrong. As the last line in the article says, time to wait and see before passing final judgement. 8)
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby 900bv » 22 Jul 2012, 13:18

Penguin101 wrote:If you look like games such as Amnesia and Slender it puts franchises that have lost their way like this to shame :( It also proves that Capcom have become soulless, they only have released new IPs because of the bull headedness of some of its employees who risked getting fired by developing the games anyway.

You think Amnesia and Slender are designed to be games? Those types of games are designed for people to record with a facecam to put on the internet when something jumps out of a cupboard and they scream. There is no story development, gameplay, it might as well be a horror movie.

Games should be immersive, and from footage that has been revealed of RE6, it looks like it's gonna be one heck of a game. Strictly speaking, I find shooting zombies in a dark sewer with just a pistol is pretty damn scary. Also, if you think classic RE games were scary, then you must've been about 6. RE2 just had a few jumpscares, most of the horror came from not being able to aim very well.
900bv 1
New user

Postby Marlonjb » 22 Jul 2012, 13:34

Resident Evil six is the same kind of deal as Resident 4 and 5 were. Great action/adventure game but an absolutely terrible Resident Evil game.

It looks great and gamers will get a lot of content for their money with perhaps four seperate campaigns and such but as someone already said anyone expecting a "True" Resident Evil game will be sorely upset.

Resident Evil, as in the Resident Evil we all know and love and grew up with, is essentially dead. As is Dead Space now thanks to the utterly moronic decision to incude cop out and multiprat gameplay. RE6 will be great no doubt but it wont be a real Resident Evil game as they're simply just not made anymore.
If people are talking behind your back it's only because they cant talk to your face. PS3, Xbox360 Elite and Wii Owner so the lame ass "Fanboy" BS wont work on me. Do not bother!
Marlonjb 38

Postby dwhlufc » 22 Jul 2012, 14:51

I'm not sure how so many people can say it will definitely be great can be so sure. A lot of people who have experienced the demo have said it handles like a below-to-average third person shooter. That doesn't make a great game and it looks like it lost all atmosphere it ever had.

It will sell regardless but whether it's any good compared to other action games is a totally different matter entirely.
dwhlufc 75

Postby Stryker89 » 22 Jul 2012, 16:24

TheLastDodo wrote:
Stryker89 wrote:This will be poorly received by critics and consumers alike, you watch.

Critics: Possibly.

Consumers: Highly doubt it.

Consumers like brand names and shooting things, how else could that awful Operation Raccoon City sell over 2m copies in it's first two months?

It sold reasonably well, but people realised it actually wasn't that good. Same with Fable III really.
Stryker89 60

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby flash501 » 22 Jul 2012, 16:30

The Survival Horror genre seems to be dying a death at the moment.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby Lady Gagagged » 22 Jul 2012, 16:43

flash501 wrote:The Survival Horror genre seems to be dying a death at the moment.

Irony?
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Next