to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Torchlight 2 delayed for extra polish and balance

Your comments on our articles.

Release date remains unknown

Runic Games says it has delayed Torchlight 2 so the studio can properly balance the different acts in the game and also give it an extra coat of polish.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Torchlight 2 delayed for extra polish and balance

Postby BrianW » 18 Jul 2012, 15:56

I posted this in response to Digital Spy's article also:

Not really sure why we're there's talk of another delay. Nothing has changed between yesterday and today in terms of getting the game out the door. Travis' post was simply an update to the community about the things we are working on. We've been in polish mode since the end of 2011.

I hope that clarifies things.

Thanks,

Brian Ward
Runic Games
BrianW 1
New user

Re: Torchlight 2 delayed for extra polish and balance

Postby Mastermue » 18 Jul 2012, 19:38

Thanks for the update Brian :) I'm all for waiting while the game is polished. Not enough games are polished enough before being shoved out of the door nowadays so it's heartening to see a developer taking the time to do it right for release. *thumbs up*
I jumped, O my brothers, and I fell hard but I did not snuff it, oh no. if I had snuffed it, I would not be here to tell what I have told.
Mastermue 51