Daily Digest: 5 ways Battlefield 4 can improve on the last g

Your comments on our articles.

EA has confirmed Battlefield 4 is in development. Was there ever any doubt?... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Daily Digest: 5 ways Battlefield 4 can improve on the last g

Postby Mr Snrub » 17 Jul 2012, 17:25

Make the single player more like Bad Company (with wide open levels, various means of transportation and unscripted destruction) rather than a pathetic CoD ripoff. Multiplayer, more of the same please.
Mr Snrub 24
New user

Re: Daily Digest: 5 ways Battlefield 4 can improve on the la

Postby WHITEyy118 » 17 Jul 2012, 17:35

Sorry but in my eyes those points could address any sequel and not just Battlefield. Now although they would improve the game, and are valid points, it certainly wouldn't count as BF4. The list seems incomplete.
WHITEyy118 39

Postby TheLastDodo » 17 Jul 2012, 18:27

Agreed with all five.

I'd also add a way to make enemies more pronounced, I've lost count of how many times today I've ran past an enemy or vice versa. Perhaps introduce a uniform colour scheme for each side?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby allygray69 » 17 Jul 2012, 19:16

and for the PC add MOD Support like they had in BF2. Get the great guys at project reality in to make it amazing.
allygray69 57

Xbox Live: GrandTheftAlly
PSN ID: GrandTheftAli
Steam: allygray69

Postby drunkadin » 17 Jul 2012, 19:37

The thing I don't like about the BF series is that it's too random. Spawn, kill a guy, die. Over and over. Or get into a vehicle and merc a bunch of people who don't know how to stop you. The strategy, to me, is missing. I'm not looking for a corridor shooter, but a more intelligent and adaptive spawn system, and maps that both encourage more strategic gameplay and avoid frag fests seem like big changes they could make.

There are only two types of maps. Large, sprawling outdoor maps that are basically thinly-veiled pretexts for vehicle domination while everyone else runs around trying to seek cover and kill a guy or two before dying. Or, stuff like metro and bazaar or seine where you have a closer map, but the entire event is reduced to 3-4 choke points...and you spend 30 minutes racking up hks or healing points without there being any real give or take or strategy.
drunkadin 39

Postby Skill_Machine » 17 Jul 2012, 19:44

How about thinking of the players eyes as you know eye and not lens flare magnet camera lenses with desaturated colour.
Skill_Machine 32

PSN ID: alien_guy
Steam: STEAM_0:1:24058644

Postby TheLastDodo » 17 Jul 2012, 19:49

Also add one or two snow maps.

I would suggest adding environment hazards like earthquakes but I'm going to guess that's what the BF3 'Aftermath' DLC is for.

New types of weather?
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Metagen » 17 Jul 2012, 22:30

Night maps and something similar to 2142 Titan maps would be excellent. The single player needs a complete overhaul in my opinion. I think I played 1 or 2 levels before I decided it sucked and went online,which was the whole reason I bought it anyway tbh.
Metagen 53

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 17 Jul 2012, 22:46

I'd agree with these but I'd add a few more too.

1) Only include Co-Op if its really worth playing, it felt tacked on.
2) As already said take the SP back to what BF/BFBC excelled at, it was a very poor COD clone, I think much could be learnt from the last MOH SP in terms of variety.
3) More locations please, many BF maps in MP are way too generic middle east fayre
4) Less close quarters, it's not needed and does not suit the style of play IMO
5) Stick to gamemodes which fit, TDM is bloody awful, more objective game modes please
6) Jazz up the menus, they are boring and all mould into one.
7) Sort out team matching, it still does not work properly on the Xbox, half the time our party members end up on opposite teams
8) Beta test it properly, there are still things in the game that are annoying, the bizarre 'bad luck' deaths and the fact I can throw grenades at my team mate and he does not die but if he drops a chopper on my head I die, either they both kill you or neither do.
9) Vehicle tutorials please, tank are pretty straightforward, helicopters are hard and jets are insane. This woud be ok but if you don't play a lot or have started late you will either get shot down in 20 seconds or die a lot when captain invincible with his chopper is almost invisible to anti-air
10) Sort out the spawn camping on all maps, not just some, in all game modes.
11) Make ranking up more, well fun. I'm black eagle rank 3 and it's like 230,000 to the next rank and I coud not give a feck about ranking up, it's like a side issue to the game for me.
12) Super picky but a bit more colour would be nice, its all a bit drab at times.

Other than these small suggestions I can't wait :mrgreen:

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby Sleepaphobic » 17 Jul 2012, 23:20

Don't hold your breath for #4 and 5. The games DICE release are pretty much always broken on launch.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby HelloLadies » 18 Jul 2012, 04:01

There are heaps of things they could improve on. As mentioned they need to improve the server situation. Its become a running joke with the BF series. As someone else said the large maps put up the facade of a infantry/land/sky based combat scenario but are really just a giant kill box for vehicles. Another person mentioned the titan mode from BF2142. A two pronged game mode that you could win by direct assault or through ground based objective control. They could easily make something like this just replace the titan with an aircraft carrier. The infantry combat needs revising it feels tinny and the client side hit detection compounds it even more. Personally id like to see the infantry feel more like they did in Americas Army. The vehicles aren't in proportion to each other. A jeep can run a tank off the road and a tank has trouble getting up a slight incline. Not to mention on a slope all the vehicles handle like they're from Tokyo Drift. More environments, weather conditions and varying times of day. Make up a global fictitious conflict and have environments from around the world. In fact id say forget a single player campaign because chances are its going to be another clone and put 110% into a quality, bug minimal multiplayer experience. The sound needs work too. Sound isolation and direction most of the time is so obscure its not funny. Basically BF3 feels like a really elaborate and expensive beta release.
HelloLadies 53

Postby illage2 » 18 Jul 2012, 06:08

You mentioned connection issues on launch ..... yeah didn't MW3 face the same problem?
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby bluepumpkin » 18 Jul 2012, 09:27

Release it on Steam
bluepumpkin 15

Postby FlacidDonkeyGuy » 18 Jul 2012, 09:40

TrackIR support.
A actual start menu with options, battlelog incorporated into into Origin.
IP regional blocking with a high ping auto boot.
128 player servers instead of 64.
Admins to be able to go into spectator mode.
Admins to force users to take screenshots, to check for hacks.
No singleplayer.
DX 11 cards & 64bit processors required to play.
Tessellation.
Improved hit detection.
Onscreen weapon placement in low ready, not movie style.
FlacidDonkeyGuy 35

Xbox Live: FlacidDonkeyGuy
PSN ID: Raviolay
Steam: Raviolay

Postby stevied » 18 Jul 2012, 13:12

1. actually make a game that resembles past battlefield titles, not a s**tty COD clone
2. make maps that are large, not dices saying there large, actual large maps..like matter of fact large
3. Fire every single employee from dice and start from scratch....maybe a game with battlefield characteristics will be created.
4. refund every single person that bought bf3 that thought it was a game from the battlefield series not bf:call of duty
5. give me a rope so i can hang myself before bf4 is released
stevied 24

Next