to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Batman Silver Age: What we want to see

Your comments on our articles.

This is our list, but what do YOU want to see?

Rumours that Rocksteady's next game is a Batman prequel set in the Silver Age are both exciting and infuriating.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Batman Silver Age: What we want to see

Postby Mobius01 » 15 Jul 2012, 19:41

Am I the only one that would prefer they move to Gotham City for a sequel?

Imagine the scale :shock:
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Re: Batman Silver Age: What we want to see

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Jul 2012, 19:52

Mobius01 wrote:Am I the only one that would prefer they move to Gotham City for a sequel?

Imagine the scale :shock:

I'd rather they wait until next gen for the third true Arkham game. I loved Uncharted 3 but come the end I felt like I'd seen it all before, I'd hate for this to happen with Batman.

dwhlufc 74

Postby Mobius01 » 15 Jul 2012, 19:56

dwhlufc wrote:I'd rather they wait until next gen for the third true Arkham game. I loved Uncharted 3 but come the end I felt like I'd seen it all before, I'd hate for this to happen with Batman.

Agreed.
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby IplayVideogames » 15 Jul 2012, 20:18

If this is true, I hope they resolve all the plot threads left dangling in Arkham City via a big DLC.
I wish CVG would stop giving Peter Molyneux publicity
IplayVideogames 32

Postby toaplan » 15 Jul 2012, 20:30

I have to say that I'm not familiar with "Silver age" Batman at all. I can only hope it's more legit than the Adam West TV series... (even the Joel Schumacher Batman movies managed that)

My interest in Batman began with Frank Miller's Batman: the Dark Knight comic, which ushered in the modern Batman era. In that comic Batman was driving a heavily armoured Batmobile:

Christopher Nolan seems to have been influenced by that classic comic book, as his films have similarly weighty Bat-vehicles:

That's what I'd like to see in a future Rocksteady Batman game. They haven't done Bat-vehicles yet!
toaplan 72

Postby Mr Snrub » 15 Jul 2012, 20:39

The fact that this seems to be the next Rocksteady Batman game instead of a true Arkham outing could suggest that we will get a full Gotham City game but not until the next generation of consoles.
Mr Snrub 24
New user

Postby Down with robots » 15 Jul 2012, 21:16

I would absolutely love a 60s Adam West voiced Batman. Not sure what age that fits into, but so what. It'll never happen because that's not gritty.
Down with robots 51

Postby dangerousbrian0 » 15 Jul 2012, 21:34

i was thinking of them if they could get it right an origin game before he became batman then as the game progressess you become batman in otherwords you start off playing the game as bruce wayne then you end up becoming batman at the end then you finish the game playing as batman i think it would be something different how often do you play a game as someone who becomes the person they become at the end.I know a lot of you would disagree.
dangerousbrian0 40

Postby Manjushri » 15 Jul 2012, 22:03

If it is set in the "silver age", it'll have to camp.
Very camp.

Could make an interesting game!
I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.

Groucho Marx
Manjushri 48

PSN ID: Rottingface
Steam: Rottingface

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 16 Jul 2012, 11:26

I'd like to see them make the game more tighter like the 1st one in terms of story telling. The 2nd one lost its focus and made the story feel like it was no longer the focus. It was nice for a while being able to glide around but it soon got tiring for me. The 1st game got the pacing spot on and it's the story telling that's the highlight to me.
Mmmmgrolsch 73

PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch