to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Project Zero 2: Seven years old, but still terrifying

Your comments on our articles.

Tecmo's horror classic returns from the dead

Of all the changes - some subtle, some some huge - made to this Wii version of Project Zero 2, it's Ghost Hand that strikes us as being the most unfair. Not unfair in a 'it ruins the game' way; unfair as in 'the developers were clearly medieval torturers in another life'. Ghost Hand, for the record, is a massive jerk.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Project Zero 2: Seven years old, but still terrifying

Postby julez316 » 14 Jul 2012, 17:20

I'd love to see these games given the HD polish and re-release
julez316 58

PSN ID: julz1

Re: Project Zero 2: Seven years old, but still terrifying

Postby MrPirtniw » 14 Jul 2012, 17:40

julez316 wrote:I'd love to see these games given the HD polish and re-release

Still got the first 2 games on my Xbox and they've lost nothing in terms of atmosphere and scares. Nothing I've played since has freaked me out quite like the Project Zero games. Except Amnesia...

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend any obscure survival horror games (and no, not Obscure 1 and 2, smart arse)? None of this Resi Evil, Dead Space b*****ks, thankyou very much!
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby FemmeFatale » 14 Jul 2012, 18:13

This series still freaks me out. I'd love this to be in one HD Collection game.
"My life is tainted by fools who make me lose my temper."
FemmeFatale 1

Postby Mobius01 » 14 Jul 2012, 20:55

MrPirtniw wrote:Speaking of which, can anyone recommend any obscure survival horror games (and no, not Obscure 1 and 2, smart arse)? None of this Resi Evil, Dead Space b*****ks, thankyou very much!

If you haven't tried them yet, grab the Penumbra series, they're from the same team that make the Amnesia games.
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby jadehill2001 » 14 Jul 2012, 21:26

Only problem is the console!!!! Why Tecmo sold publishing rights to Nintendo I'll never understand. I love Project Zero and always have. The second is mega scary too. I'd love to get the remake (because my original PS2 on freezes near the end) but I sold my Wii years ago because it's s***e
jadehill2001 34

Postby thegamezguy1 » 15 Jul 2012, 13:27

MrPirtniw wrote:

Still got the first 2 games on my Xbox and they've lost nothing in terms of atmosphere and scares. Nothing I've played since has freaked me out quite like the Project Zero games. Except Amnesia...

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend any obscure survival horror games (and no, not Obscure 1 and 2, smart arse)? None of this Resi Evil, Dead Space b*****ks, thankyou very much!

Okay i've got a couple for you;
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - This is more like animseia as it rewards the player more if ou sneak and avoid the enemy.
Eternal darkness - Okay its a gamecube game with a diffrence it legitmly scarey and will make tilt your head on why your head just expolded.
Rule of rose - It got banned overhere in the uk so good luck finding a way playing it but other than that its good horror game with creepy kids in so watch some stuff on before you decied to get it.
Haunting Ground - Done by capcom pre-resi 4 and foucus on running away can be found quite easily on your ps2.
Deadly Premontion - If you can get past the never ending weridness and want a game with just a strange atmosphere i'll go for.

And thats it if you need more i'll be happy to help.
thegamezguy1 24

Postby WingZeroSys » 15 Jul 2012, 13:47

You forgot Forbidden Siren 1&2 (PS2) and Siren: Blood Curse (PS3).
I'm no hero, never was, never will be, I'm just an old killer, hired to do a little wet work. sOLiD Snake, MGS4.
WingZeroSys 47

Postby jadehill2001 » 15 Jul 2012, 19:33

thegamezguy1 wrote:Haunting Ground - Done by capcom pre-resi 4 and foucus on running away can be found quite easily on your ps2.
Deadly Premontion - If you can get past the never ending weridness and want a game with just a strange atmosphere i'll go for.

I wouldn't recommend Haunting Ground... It's poor at best and is just too repetitive. You get that bit further then you have to evade the bad guy again (there's several throughout)

WingZeroSys wrote:You forgot Forbidden Siren 1&2 (PS2) and Siren: Blood Curse (PS3).

Forbidden Siren is one I'd defo recommend. They're brilliant games though the first one is extremely difficult.
jadehill2001 34

Postby MrPirtniw » 15 Jul 2012, 23:28

Cheers guys! I've already played through Haunting Ground, Deadly Premonition (which is amazing) and I had Call of Cthuhlu for my Xbox... Don't think I finished it though. Totally forgot about Eternal Darkness though which I need to pick up as everyone raves about it.

So my list is now pretty good- penumbra, siren: blood curse (don't have a ps2 anymore and my ps3 isn't backwards compatible) and Eternal Darkness. That'll do nicely! Thanks! :D
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 16 Jul 2012, 08:46

MrPirtniw wrote:

Fatal Frame 4 on the wii. There's a translation patch for it so its all in english except thevoice acting. Scared the crap out of me.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 65

Postby MrPirtniw » 16 Jul 2012, 12:30

So it's subtitled in English? That'd be pretty cool as generally English voice overs are bloody awful- feel a bit more authentic too seeing as set in Japan. With Japanese characters and all.

Just need to get round to buying a Wii. :|
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 70

Postby redcastle » 19 Jul 2012, 15:03

one of the scariest, and ovelooked, games ever is ECHO NIGHT:BEYOND on ps2. its a haunted space station on the moon. very creepy. also theres a free pc/mac game called SLENDER (about 56mb) thats, although graphically simplistic, ramps up the fear as you progress (make sure you have headphones on though)
redcastle 40