to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Two new characters announced for PlayStation All-Stars: Batt

Your comments on our articles.

Real beat-em-up royalty enter the fray

While Battle Royale devs SuperBot Entertainment were attending the annual Evolution Championship Series in Las Vegas, they announced two new characters for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Two new characters announced for PlayStation All-Stars: Batt

Postby Gambini » 09 Jul 2012, 09:27

I love my PS3 and I love the fact Sony are so committed to developing quality PS3 exclusives.... but, I just can't get excited for this. The characters are all from such diverse games/backgrounds they just don't seem to "mix" well creating a bit of a mish-mash feel to the game. :?
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Re: Two new characters announced for PlayStation All-Stars:

Postby damoxuk » 09 Jul 2012, 09:32

I personally don't like these types of games anyway, Super Smah Bros etc.

They feel like games for the end of the generation where ideas have dissapeared.
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby JBoo » 09 Jul 2012, 10:10

Not sure why people moan about this game? At least it's something 'different' to play i.e there has never been a 'for' 'PlayStation' game like it before. I CAN'T F-IN WAIT TO PLAY IT! ! ! :P :P :P + i have never played the Nintendo game so why the f**k would i care if its similar? ? ? I DON'T GIVE A SH*T! ! !:D Stick with playing you're yearly COD's & FIFA's moaners! ! ! LoL:D
+ I LOVE all these old PlayStation 'MAD' characters in the game! ! ! :P Better than the same old BORING fighting games that come out all the time that are all the same, Zzzzzzzzz :-/
JBoo 31

Postby Cogglesz » 09 Jul 2012, 10:54

Its gonna end up flopping like that TMNT smash bro's rip off in my opinion, apart from the fake HD and worse characters and levels i don't see how its really going to be any better, in my opinion i feel Sony is still viewed as being a pretty mature platform (most characters they have thats developed any type of nintendo scale fame are just too human or realistic for a crazy moon jumping fighting game) makes me think this should have been a 1 v 1 type of fighter like tekken, street fighter etc but with its own unique traits and maybe even a tag system, i recon i'll pick this up one time though but not as quickly as i would if it were a classic fighting game, it doesn't look bad, just not nearly as good as whats out there already even if its just the one game that came out back in 2008.

Just look at their last attempt at ripping off nintendo with Move and remember the potential it actually had but look what sony done with it, i just don't think much love ends up going into these type of games and rip offs even if alot of time and money goes into making it, kinda like how you'd feel playing a COD clone, I'm going to agree with Gambini enjoy my ps3 exclusives but i'm not really feeling this at all, although being a huge fan of smash bro's, this does seem too mashed up for me, i'm not sure how exatcly nintendo manages to mix and mash all their big franchises into the one fighting game but they've been doing it well since the late 90's
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 59

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby Metagen » 09 Jul 2012, 14:50

most characters they have thats developed any type of nintendo scale fame are just too human or realistic for a crazy moon jumping fighting game

I agree about not being overly excited about this but we've still got a lot oto see. However, i think there are plenty of characters people would love to see in this. Crash, Cortex, Spyro, Sackboy, Jak, Ratchet, Clank, Sir Dan, Sora, Cole, Some FF characters, that kid with the pink hair from Tombi, Rayman, Abe, Stranger, Gex... and they're just the ones off the top of my head. I don't think they'll be short on characters to choose from and the majority of what I named are definitely not going to be out of place in this game.

I'm hoping I can get more excited for this but the main thing that worries me is how it'll play. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Metagen 52