to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Miyamoto's Wii U wish list includes Metroid

Your comments on our articles.

Nintendo's lead designer discusses what he'd like to see on the Wii U

Nintendo veteran Shigeru Miyamoto wants to see two things on Nintendo's next gen console: Metroid and Star Fox.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Miyamoto's Wii U wish list includes Metroid

Postby illage2 » 09 Jul 2012, 06:03

I like the Metroid Prime Series. I prefer Metroid Gmes to be FPS games.
ImageImage
illage2 53

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Re: Miyamoto's Wii U wish list includes Metroid

Postby Balladeer » 09 Jul 2012, 07:46

The original Metroid Prime wasn't an FPS, being focused around exploring and puzzle-solving (and a bit of platforming) as much as shooting. Further down the series the games got more FPS-like, and therefore worse.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Penguin101 » 09 Jul 2012, 08:24

Make Metroid more like Dead Space, and ACTUALLY show off what the GPU can do then I'll be happy. I want to see that tessellation unit, and Open GL 4.1 features at work! :)
Penguin101 32

Postby AJDarkstar » 09 Jul 2012, 09:06

Yes please to both! Get Retro on a new Prime-esque Metroid and the StarFox 64 team on a follow-up, stat!
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar

Postby Zaphod_B » 09 Jul 2012, 10:23

Penguin101 wrote:Make Metroid more like Dead Space, and ACTUALLY show off what the GPU can do then I'll be happy. I want to see that tessellation unit, and Open GL 4.1 features at work! :)

Blaspheme! I couldn't stand the exploration, atmosphere and general excellent of Metriod to become a boring pile of bore like Dead Space. Keep Dead Space as Dead Space and make quality Metroid games like Prime! There's nothing else quite like a Metroid at it's best, I feel anyway! Making it a dull, linear third-person shooter would be the a crime against gaming.
"Never eat more that 2 Pan-Galatic Gargle Blasters unless you are a 30-ton Mega Elephant with Broncal Phemonia"
Zaphod_B 42

Postby Penguin101 » 09 Jul 2012, 10:50

Zaphod_B wrote:
Penguin101 wrote:Make Metroid more like Dead Space, and ACTUALLY show off what the GPU can do then I'll be happy. I want to see that tessellation unit, and Open GL 4.1 features at work! :)

Blaspheme! I couldn't stand the exploration, atmosphere and general excellent of Metriod to become a boring pile of bore like Dead Space. Keep Dead Space as Dead Space and make quality Metroid games like Prime! There's nothing else quite like a Metroid at it's best, I feel anyway! Making it a dull, linear third-person shooter would be the a crime against gaming.

I was thinking of making it a survival horror/adventure game. Metroid needs an M Rated game
Penguin101 32

Postby Stryker89 » 09 Jul 2012, 10:52

It's in the first-person, and you shoot things... Quite a lot if I remember correctly. It's an FPS. Just not a traditional FPS.
Stryker89 59

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby me4pd » 09 Jul 2012, 11:15

As Balla...

In fact, I found some shooting in Prime pretty awful. Hammering 'A' and strafing whilst perpetually locked on meant that shooting was sometimes an unpleasant break in the exploration and platforming. More emphasis on action and exploration rather than shooting please.
me4pd 48

Postby Kezwar » 09 Jul 2012, 11:36

Stryker89 wrote:It's in the first-person, and you shoot things... Quite a lot if I remember correctly. It's an FPS. Just not a traditional FPS.

I get your point, but it's not a true FPS, much like Fallout 3 isn't. First Person Adventure is what Nintendo coined it as.
let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
Kezwar 44

Xbox Live: Kezwar
PSN ID: Kezwar

Postby fatherofthenoo » 09 Jul 2012, 12:44

Aye. I think FP games have branched off into sub genres. A traditional Metroid would really suit the gamepad, ditto a Star Fox. We haven't actually had a proper Star Fox since 64 have we. There is a lot of potential for that series. Well, and Metroid too. Let's see if Nintendo can bring us something special.

Wii U seeming more appealing to anyone yet?
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby thelazyone » 09 Jul 2012, 13:50

fatherofthenoo wrote:Aye. I think FP games have branched off into sub genres. A traditional Metroid would really suit the gamepad, ditto a Star Fox. We haven't actually had a proper Star Fox since 64 have we. There is a lot of potential for that series. Well, and Metroid too. Let's see if Nintendo can bring us something special.

Wii U seeming more appealing to anyone yet?

Its always been appealing to me

F-Zero and Star Fox, i need those games, I really hoped they would come out on the Wii, although I understand the technical limitations.

You know I bought the second prime game, but i never finished it, was I the only one to find it lonesome and a little boring? I think they can marry action and puzzle solving exploration.
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Postby Ali_ » 09 Jul 2012, 14:34

Would most Wii U owners not want more than 2 games?
Ali_ 56

Postby billysastard » 09 Jul 2012, 14:35

it's simple, make them and take my money.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby fatherofthenoo » 09 Jul 2012, 14:43

thelazyone wrote:You know I bought the second prime game, but i never finished it, was I the only one to find it lonesome and a little boring? I think they can marry action and puzzle solving exploration.

I second that. 1 and 3 were great. 2 was weak in my opinion.
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby thelazyone » 09 Jul 2012, 14:52

fatherofthenoo wrote:
thelazyone wrote:You know I bought the second prime game, but i never finished it, was I the only one to find it lonesome and a little boring? I think they can marry action and puzzle solving exploration.

I second that. 1 and 3 were great. 2 was weak in my opinion.

Haha, that was the only one I ever played.. Kinda messed up there..lol
"Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll" - Shigeru Miyamoto
thelazyone 57

Xbox Live: HyperSinperPOW
PSN ID: Googie_1
Wii Code: WiiU- 2hathuddas

Next