to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sony's Andrew House: 'PlayStation can help turn Sony fortune

Your comments on our articles.

SCE's Group CEO discusses future opportunities in a tough business environment

Sony chief executive Kaz Hirai has marked the PlayStation business as one of three key divisions that can help Sony move forwards.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sony's Andrew House: 'PlayStation can help turn Sony fortune

Postby RoKuShaKuBoJutSu » 28 Jun 2012, 17:17

Good interview, but damnit, people need to stop asking the company reps about next gen. It's just a pointless, retarded question to ask. What did you expect when you asked him to comment on PS4? "Good question, yes it is heavily in development and will be announced next year". it's pretty clear that no one is going to speak about next gen until next year, but still, whenever I see these interviews, it's ALWAYS asked. I would have learned a thing or two from the dozens of other interviews where this question was met with no comment.
RoKuShaKuBoJutSu 38

Re: Sony's Andrew House: 'PlayStation can help turn Sony for

Postby toaplan » 28 Jun 2012, 19:21

EA's Frank Gibeau recently said in an interview that the games industry was only getting 'half a show' at E3 this year. Due to only the 'opening act' (WiiU) of the next-gen cycle turning up at E3 2012. He also mentioned "that year before the big change".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/35 ... n-no-show/

I wonder if Mr. House has any idea what Gibeau was talking about... or was the EA guy just imagining things.

A certain Playstation console could help turn Sony's fortune, but probably not the PS3 or Vita. I just hope they have read the MS Xbox720 battle-plan, stay sharp and get it right this time.
toaplan 73

Postby Barca Azul » 28 Jun 2012, 20:32

I like him, he has minimal BS IMO.
Barca Azul 61

Postby me4pd » 01 Jul 2012, 15:09

"Clearly it needs more key software, so why didn't Sony reveal many new games for the system at E3?

Well, we did hear about Call of Duty, and we did hear about Assassin's Creed.

We didn't see them, though?"

Do you need to see them to know what you're getting?
me4pd 48