to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

FIFA 13: Unlucky for some (PES players)?

Your comments on our articles.

How EA is building on the runaway success of its last game

It's bad news for you professional footballers in League 1 and 2. EA Sports are ramping up the realism in their latest game, which will see the in-game players act in a more authentic manner than ever before.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby steagz » 24 Jun 2012, 15:18

PRE Orders PES 13
steagz 22

Postby Billybob21 » 24 Jun 2012, 15:26

What I assume they mean is, is that they have over-compensated and have made it nearly impossible to play as League 1 and 2 teams as no-one will be able to pass the ball more than 10 yards and will not be able to hit the target from inside the penalty box.
Billybob21 48

Xbox Live: Billybob2101
PSN ID: Billybob2101
Steam: Billybob21

Re: FIFA 13: Unlucky for some (PES players)?

Postby Cazy008 » 24 Jun 2012, 17:15

With all these changes (making the better teams better and the worse teams worse), they need to include an 'equal' online mode that equals out the top league teams with each other and the other leagues with each other, a bit like in the latest F1 games. otherwise, online you may as well just give access to barca and Real madrid...
Cazy008 50

Xbox Live: caz7595
PSN ID: Cazy008

Postby dwhlufc » 24 Jun 2012, 17:27

Sorry, but unless there willing to truly put the effort in and watch every team and analyst every player this is a daft idea. I watch alot of lower league football and very rarely do you see mishaps of control by players. Yes, passes go astray at times and there is abit more long ball but I think this should be an option you can turn off online otherwise it'll just end up being everyone picking the top teams instead of experimenting.

I'm not sure why that PES players is in brackets at the top though? The playtests I've read have been positive towards PES13.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Reegeee » 24 Jun 2012, 19:08

Cazy008 wrote:With all these changes (making the better teams better and the worse teams worse), they need to include an 'equal' online mode that equals out the top league teams with each other and the other leagues with each other, a bit like in the latest F1 games. otherwise, online you may as well just give access to barca and Real madrid...

The matchmaking in FIFA already matches you against a similar level team. So if you are York City the chances of you playing Barca are virtually none. That's already there.

The thing that annoys me slightly too is that the features they go on about are already in the game. They made a big deal of push/pull last year already so I don't know why they are talking about it still. The first touch thing has the potential to be very frustrating, but again, it's already in the game. David Luiz takes the ball down a lot better than David Wheater for example. It's already there so I can't imagine what they have done to make it different.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby dwhlufc » 24 Jun 2012, 19:40

@reegee, my mate was saying today that he's had to resort to picking higher ranked sides as he struggles to find a gane playing as wolves or lower now. There should be a mode where regardless of what team you play both teams have the same stats. That could be alot of fun and at least then their would be some balance and variety in the opposition at times.
dwhlufc 76

Postby WHITEyy118 » 24 Jun 2012, 19:46

So, as mentioned before, better teams will get better and poor team will get poorer. Then also that means games will be decided on luck/which team has the better defence. So any team with english defenders (Chelsea) will be full of terrible touches and lost balls, nothing you can do about it, while Barca esq team will be world class touch here, world class touch there. Basically more excuses for people to choose Barca and Madrid.
WHITEyy118 39

Postby Reegeee » 25 Jun 2012, 02:09

dwhlufc wrote:@reegee, my mate was saying today that he's had to resort to picking higher ranked sides as he struggles to find a gane playing as wolves or lower now. There should be a mode where regardless of what team you play both teams have the same stats. That could be alot of fun and at least then their would be some balance and variety in the opposition at times.

That's weird that cos I only ever play with 3.5 or 4 star teams and even today I was put into games straight away. I think Wolves are 3.5 star.

The only thing I would want is a playlist where custom tactics are not allowed and you have to play with the formations and players you are given. I've not had any problems with matchmaking whatsoever though. You tend to get into a game straight away. I played with Gremio, USA, Wigan, Celtic and Palermo today and was put straight into a game to be fair. If I remember i played the likes of Stuttgart, Hannover, Genk, Villa and Celtic.

Ultimate team is the same. If you have only Silver players it match makes you with teams with only silvers. Works every time for me.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby YouStoleMyKill » 25 Jun 2012, 06:18

I just hope it's a little easier to defend this time round.
YouStoleMyKill 37

PSN ID: Connor_mufc_1985

Postby Welshybhoy91 » 25 Jun 2012, 09:50

Fifa will be quite weird next year as there will be no Rangers in it :lol:
Hopefully there will be more leagues added so we can see Annan Athletic beat Newco Fc in Div3
Welshybhoy91 31

Xbox Live: Welshybhoy91

Postby joebhoy » 25 Jun 2012, 10:54

Welshybhoy91 wrote:Fifa will be quite weird next year as there will be no Rangers in it :lol:
Hopefully there will be more leagues added so we can see Annan Athletic beat Newco Fc in Div3

Hahahaha good stuff mate good stuff,

This is the first dig ive seen on a games website !!

Well done hail hail :L :L :L
joebhoy 17