Black Ops 2: Set to change the face of shooters forever

Your comments on our articles.

Black to the future

We're hunched behind a bus, taking refuge from the hail of bullets headed our way. A quick scan of Downtown Los Angeles' rubble-strewn streets with our XM8 rifle's optic scope helps us pinpoint the two unmistakable white silhouettes of enemy insurgents.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby JOHNKARA » 23 Jun 2012, 17:01

"Black Ops 2: Set to change the face of shooters forever"

I believe that the COD franchise has certainly changed the course of not only FPS's but also gaming in general. We are now blessed with a plethora of COD clones and COD wannabees, and as if that is not enough, nearly every game that is released today has embraced the formula of "guns=profits". Not that I mind, bit I wonder what West and Zampella think when they look back at their COD careers and reflect on the irony that, in wanting to retain their creative freedom as developers and produce games that are innovative and entertaining, they unwittingly also spawned an era where such creativity is seriously stifled by the blind pursuit of the guns=profits formula.
I guess it also lends symbolic significance to the name of their new company (aptly named Respawn), which hopefully will be able to "respawn" creativity and truly "change the face of shooters forever".
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 47

Postby Solaris » 23 Jun 2012, 17:03

8) Halo4,Dishonoured and Blops2 are my most anticipated games this fall. So this news makes me realy,realy happy ( i like my shooters and action games :lol: ) bring it on i say.
Solaris 54

Xbox Live: kinetic3nergy
PSN ID: kinetic3nergyMC

Re: Black Ops 2: Set to change the face of shooters forever

Postby ted1138 » 23 Jun 2012, 17:40

JOHNKARA wrote:"Black Ops 2: Set to change the face of shooters forever"

I believe that the COD franchise has certainly changed the course of not only FPS's but also gaming in general. We are now blessed with a plethora of COD clones and COD wannabees, and as if that is not enough, nearly every game that is released today has embraced the formula of "guns=profits". Not that I mind, bit I wonder what West and Zampella think when they look back at their COD careers and reflect on the irony that, in wanting to retain their creative freedom as developers and produce games that are innovative and entertaining, they unwittingly also spawned an era where such creativity is seriously stifled by the blind pursuit of the guns=profits formula.
I guess it also lends symbolic significance to the name of their new company (aptly named Respawn), which hopefully will be able to "respawn" creativity and truly "change the face of shooters forever".

Yes, shooters without guns, or profits... :roll:
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Postby volatilis » 23 Jun 2012, 17:46

What a lot of b*****ks.
volatilis 18

Postby rhyfel » 23 Jun 2012, 18:44

who write's this crap?
rhyfel 37

Postby gmcb007 » 23 Jun 2012, 20:37

So where exactly is the thing that will, "change the face of shooters forever"? All I read was the usual overhyped review.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby TheMopFromMars » 23 Jun 2012, 20:41

Yawn...
TheMopFromMars 45

Postby Imaduck » 23 Jun 2012, 21:27

Oh boy :roll:

To say the least, I think even Halo 4 is way more ambitious than this and very much doubt it'll "change the face of shooters forever". This is just another installment in an increasinly stale series.
Imaduck 58

Postby dannyhulse » 23 Jun 2012, 21:31

rhyfel wrote:who write's this crap?

Tsk tsk.
http://youtu.be/1ytCEuuW2_A
dannyhulse 47

Postby aawells07 » 23 Jun 2012, 22:20

I believed they changed the face of FPS and gaming in general back when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare came out but after that i dont think that they will change it once again. I like to play COD on the weekends with my friends but other than that ive just been burnt out with the same feel of games every year. Ill never forget MW1 and then MW2 at how excited i was when those games were released and going to a Gamestop at midnight and waiting in line for a few hrs and just seeing how everyone was so stoked. Good times those were. I hope that they really change up a lot of stuff for the next-gen systems, at least the graphics cause the gameplay is pretty solid. Its just my type of gameplay so im pretty good with that. I really get tired of seeing the same assets like buildings, abandoned cars, and just about every other thing within the levels that you see in every COD game and its time for some new bright colors lol rather than the normal dull looking stuff.
aawells07 43

Xbox Live: AAWELLS09
PSN ID: AAWELLS09
Steam: Exiled Torment

Postby Stryker89 » 23 Jun 2012, 22:30

OK Matthew, who was pointing a gun at your head whilst you were writing this? You can tell us son, it's all right... Was it Kotick?
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby middle finger » 23 Jun 2012, 22:59

How much cvg, for posting an article?
You slut.
middle finger 68

Postby Mobius01 » 24 Jun 2012, 00:57

Someone's had their palms greased :roll:
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 24 Jun 2012, 02:12

Shame on this article for not critisising the game for the whinging c**ts :roll: the title may be overzealous but did you actually read the article or perhaps you have already played it! Oh no I forgot it's COD so objectivity is replaced with tiresome trolling, so come on then enlighten me bitches, how does it really play?

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby stevied » 24 Jun 2012, 03:02

It plays like having anal sex with your mum. Warm and exciting at first but 10 minutes in and your covered in s**t
stevied 24

Next