Stranger's Wrath HD studio has 'given up' on Microsoft

Your comments on our articles.

But doesn't rule out an Xbox 360 release...

Stranger's Wrath HD developer Just Add Water is in talks with two third-party publishers to release the Xbox 360 version of the game, it has revealed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby damoxuk » 22 Jun 2012, 12:40

Probably because it came to ps3 first - I read that Microsoft don't like that. Unless it's a better version alal Joe Danger Special edition.

All it's pissing off is people who only have a 360 and want to buy it.
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby MrPirtniw » 22 Jun 2012, 12:41

For God's sake Microsoft, you guys are borderline r-tards when you want to be.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Re: Stranger's Wrath HD studio has 'given up' on Microsoft

Postby Toasted_PSP » 22 Jun 2012, 12:48

damoxuk wrote:Probably because it came to ps3 first - I read that Microsoft don't like that. Unless it's a better version alal Joe Danger Special edition.

All it's pissing off is people who only have a 360 and want to buy it.

Microsoft have some pretty anti competitive rules if you want to release a game on their system :(

Its a sad way to treat a former exclusive on their system.
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 22 Jun 2012, 13:15

That is some utterly backwards thinking from MS. It's a former exclusive and one that most people complain about never getting a backwards compatibility patch.

Its also got a cult following and despite poor sales did really well critically. If they'd released it on XBLA at the same time as PSN i would of gottne the xbox version. As it wasn't i got it on PSN and now have absolutely no reason to buy it now even if it does end up on the 360.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby luttman23 » 22 Jun 2012, 13:43

Microsoft cited unmet retail sales criteria, followed by unsatisfactory Metacritic scores as preventing this

It doesn't have poor metacritic ratings, 88 for the old non-HD origional Xbox release and 82 for the HD version on the PS3.

It's a great game too, I've only recently got it on my PS3 and it's a lot better than I expected.
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories. -Polybius
luttman23 47

Xbox Live: Xen Withanex
PSN ID: luttman23
Steam: luttman23

Postby nottsville » 22 Jun 2012, 14:24

luttman23 wrote:
Microsoft cited unmet retail sales criteria, followed by unsatisfactory Metacritic scores as preventing this

It doesn't have poor metacritic ratings, 88 for the old non-HD origional Xbox release and 82 for the HD version on the PS3.

It's a great game too, I've only recently got it on my PS3 and it's a lot better than I expected.

I actually don't know how the HD version hasn't got a higher rating than the original. It's heads and shoulders above the original game. The update next week will be really cool as well. Direct uploading to Youtube? Yes please!

Just Add Water showed EXACTLY how developers should do a HD remake.....cough cough....Silent Hill....cough cough....MGS.....cough cough....Devil May cry.....*keeps coughing*
"Legends are fiction, kid. Someone tells it, someone else remembers, everyone passes it on"

http://thegamefreakblog.com
nottsville 62

Postby Solm » 22 Jun 2012, 20:22

Love this game so much I'm getting it on the PS Vita whenever it comes out. Supposed to be June but there is only 8 days left.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 54

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967