to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of full s

Your comments on our articles.

'The Next Great Sequel' due 2013; Enter The Dominatrix plans shelved

Publisher THQ has ceased plans to release a DLC package for Saints Row the Third, instead opting to enhance the content as a standalone game due for release in 2013.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of full s

Postby bamozzy » 20 Jun 2012, 11:43

Personally I much preferred Saints Row 2 to the third - the joke of the third wore very thin very quickly
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Image

Image
User avatar
bamozzy 65
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 13:39
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby budge » 20 Jun 2012, 11:52

bamozzy wrote:Personally I much preferred Saints Row 2 to the third - the joke of the third wore very thin very quickly


Me too, it was much more fun to play which is weird because SR3 had so much more content available in its playground.
Los Rojiblancos
User avatar
budge 66
 
Posts: 4319
Joined: 18 Mar 2008, 10:51
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby roland82 » 20 Jun 2012, 12:49

I never played number 2 but Im loving the third, so much fun.
User avatar
roland82 58
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: 22 Sep 2005, 17:39
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby billysastard » 20 Jun 2012, 13:06

bamozzy wrote:Personally I much preferred Saints Row 2 to the third - the joke of the third wore very thin very quickly


judging by the large number of preowned copies on sale i'd guess you weren't alone.

as an expansion pack this would have failed because the game itself isn't one that gamers kept and because of its online pass it wouldn't have been something most preowned buyers would have wanted.
Image

Image
User avatar
billysastard 62
 
Posts: 3264
Joined: 16 Sep 2011, 14:51
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby gmcb007 » 20 Jun 2012, 13:14

They're making a game out of this?!?

Well that SR dead to me then. I don't really fancy playing a whole game in an evil virtual reality. I was hoping the 4th game would bring back some of the things that made the second great such as balancing the amount of humour with seriousness. I like a bit of toilet humour as much as the next guy, but too much of it makes it feel tacky and cheap.

Also I was hoping that they would ditch Steelport as its one of the most generic cities i've came across in a 3rd person sandbox.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
User avatar
gmcb007 63
 
Posts: 5452
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 21:28
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby Paul_27 » 20 Jun 2012, 15:00

saints row 3 had a great storyline but once completed theres newt to do afterwards

co op was boring so ill wait till violation do a saints row game with multiplayer features similar to that of gta 4
Paul_27 29
 
Posts: 274
Joined: 17 Jul 2011, 20:17
PSN ID: x_vodka_paul_x

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby abeesley2k1 » 20 Jun 2012, 15:50

gmcb007 wrote:They're making a game out of this?!?

Well that SR dead to me then. I don't really fancy playing a whole game in an evil virtual reality. I was hoping the 4th game would bring back some of the things that made the second great such as balancing the amount of humour with seriousness. I like a bit of toilet humour as much as the next guy, but too much of it makes it feel tacky and cheap.

Also I was hoping that they would ditch Steelport as its one of the most generic cities i've came across in a 3rd person sandbox.


No their not making a whole game around the virtual reality, they are INCORPARATING it into Saints Row 4, which means Saints Row 4 will be like the other 3 but it will have the enter the dominatrix missions along with it
abeesley2k1 7
New user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Jun 2012, 15:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby Welsh Jester » 20 Jun 2012, 16:07

wish they would stop with the dlc bs, they could've focused their efforts on the next game by making it have a better multiplayer as well as longer campaign.

Too many games having DLC like this it ruins them.. just to milk games of more cash, if they want to include a lot more content shove the price up by £2 with the promise of more content later rather than releasing a shitload of dlc later to make people pay.

i've noticed most quality games dont have this bs where a lot of dlc is released after the game comes out.
Welsh Jester 47
 
Posts: 933
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 14:45
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: PerfectChaos

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby Marlonjb » 20 Jun 2012, 17:33

Welsh Jester wrote:wish they would stop with the dlc bs, they could've focused their efforts on the next game by making it have a better multiplayer as well as longer campaign.

Too many games having DLC like this it ruins them.. just to milk games of more cash, if they want to include a lot more content shove the price up by £2 with the promise of more content later rather than releasing a shitload of dlc later to make people pay.

i've noticed most quality games dont have this bs where a lot of dlc is released after the game comes out.



Some games are ruined by multiplayer that should've been the DLC in this not extra missions that thus far people have been pleased with.
If people are talking behind your back it's only because they cant talk to your face. PS3, Xbox360 Elite and Wii Owner so the lame ass "Fanboy" BS wont work on me. Do not bother!
Marlonjb 38
 
Posts: 601
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 15:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby Inspector74 » 20 Jun 2012, 17:52

I loved all the Saints games and I am looking forward to this thing is ive had this on pre order for a month or so from Shop to so im not sure what all the fuss is about here :shock:
Inspector74 36
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 28 Apr 2012, 18:54

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby byyoface » 29 Jul 2012, 06:11

Honestly, I just hope the next one brings all it can bring. If they look at the other forums, they may help. I won't lie. SR3 slacked a little, but hopefully this one will be a lot better. :D
byyoface 6
New user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Jul 2012, 05:06

Re: New Saints Row game: THQ ceases DLC plan in favour of fu

Postby bamozzy » 29 Jul 2012, 10:47

byyoface wrote:Honestly, I just hope the next one brings all it can bring. If they look at the other forums, they may help. I won't lie. SR3 slacked a little, but hopefully this one will be a lot better. :D


To be honest I much prefer the overall game of Saints Row 2. It improved greatly on the original, had humour and also offered a lot of different things to do. It seems they took Saints Row 2 and cheapened it with its one joke. I am not a 14 year old and got bored of that 'joke' very quickly! In fact I haven't played Saints Row 3 this year! I also got fed up with when travelling to my 'next' point, I had to go back and defend a territory. As soon as it was defended, I go to re-stock on ammo etc and have to go and defend another territory which gets rather repetitive!

It is also a game 'supposedly' for Adults - it is 18 rated! - but their is no depth (even Saints Row 2 had more depth) and it is censored. There is an achievement for running around Naked but the character is pixelated. I actually hate censorship in general and believe that Age Rating should be sufficient. Having just played through Max Payne 3 - you didn't see any pixelated people in that!

They really could have made Saints Row 3 a very good and fun game but instead the decided to make it a joke of its former self!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Image

Image
User avatar
bamozzy 65
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 13:39
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al-Tannin and 11 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]