to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Crytek ignites TimeSplitters Kickstarter petition

Your comments on our articles.

Fans called upon to show support

Recent comments made by Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli regarding the next TimeSplitters have resulted in fans launching a petition calling for the project to appear on Kickstarter.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Crytek ignites TimeSplitters Kickstarter petition

Postby sibear » 18 Jun 2012, 10:22

I'm sorry but Crytek using Kickstarter to fund a game makes a mockery of the whole idea of the scheme. I know fans want the game and I would like to see it made too as I enjoyed the first but this is just wrong and a total cop out by that moron Yerli
sibear 47

Re: Crytek ignites TimeSplitters Kickstarter petition

Postby Capn JaMMiE » 18 Jun 2012, 10:27

Heres a petition if people want to show interest http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/timesplitters4
and personally if no publisher will give funding to it, then a kickstarter shows that people want it and that the fans can get it made with their input.
Capn JaMMiE 24

Postby JBoo » 18 Jun 2012, 10:37

'Timesplitters 2' is my favorite PS2 game EVER! ! ! :P But no way in HELL am i giving money to 'Crytek' to f**k-up a new 'Timesplitters' game!?!? WTF!?!? :-/ Anyway not all the people who made the 3 TS games are at 'Crytek' anyway so it won't be as good as the PS2 games.

JUST SOMEONE F-IN DO A 'Timesplitters HD Trilogy' PLEEEEEEEEASE! ! ! :P for the PS3 with Trophies(i.e PS2's TS1,TS2&TS:FP) That is all i want;)
JBoo 31

Postby dwhlufc » 18 Jun 2012, 10:55

I'd just love a psn/live release of the multiplayer maps from 1/2/3 on hd. I'd pay for that and I think many others would if priced fairly.
dwhlufc 75

Postby sh4dow83 » 18 Jun 2012, 10:58

This is getting ridiculous. It's already awful enough that people on Kickstarter basically substitute publishers but without receiving a share of the revenues.

But now they want to literally throw money at a big corporation?! Jesus f-ing christ! People! :shock: :roll:

When I was discussing greed in the gaming industry with a friend, he jokingly said "You know that companies just want to go 'What? You want a game for your money? You should just feel happy that you may support us!'". We chuckled about it a bit, though not too much because we are of course aware of the very real and serious issues that do exist and get more severe every year. (see e.g. Blizzard and Diablo 3...)
However... we didn't even dare to think that not only may companies ASK for money and give nothing in return but that people would basically initiate that themselves! That's really... quite sick even!
sh4dow83 42

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 18 Jun 2012, 11:11

As much as I want a Timesplitters or a HD remaster there is no way I'd want people to fund Crytek the cash to make the game, proper abuse of the whole system when a big team like these use it!!

Plus I don't like Crytek at all, it's all about graphics with them.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby ensabahnur » 18 Jun 2012, 11:15

sibear wrote:I'm sorry but Crytek using Kickstarter to fund a game makes a mockery of the whole idea of the scheme. I know fans want the game and I would like to see it made too as I enjoyed the first but this is just wrong and a total cop out by that moron Yerli

Yeah, this!

If you want to gauge fan interest use something like twitter or Facebook.

But using a Kickstarter is just pure cheek, maybe if you diverted some of the money your pumping into Crysis, a franchise nobody seems to want, and used it for TS4, the game the whole gaming community seems to be clambering for, then you'd have a surefire hit on your hands and probably enough to fund what should be your side project of Crysis.

Free Radical should never have went exclusive with Haze and just started right out on TS4 multiplat. They might still be around.
Last edited by ensabahnur on 18 Jun 2012, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby TheLastDodo » 18 Jun 2012, 11:17

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:As much as I want a Timesplitters or a HD remaster there is no way I'd want people to fund Crytek the cash to make the game, proper abuse of the whole system when a big team like these use it!!

Plus I don't like Crytek at all, it's all about graphics with them.

Agreed, it's one thing for Schafer to use Kickstarter but these guys could easily afford to do TS4 themselves.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby solamon77 » 18 Jun 2012, 11:18

Kickstarter is NOT for big companies like Crytek. Sorry. They already have a means of funding their projects.

Besides, how much would they intend on getting? By my understanding even a cheap HD game would cost at least $10 million.

@ensabahnur: I agree with everything you said except the bit about nobody wanting Crysis. What makes you think that?
solamon77 43

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby ensabahnur » 18 Jun 2012, 11:28

solamon77 wrote:
@ensabahnur: I agree with everything you said except the bit about nobody wanting Crysis. What makes you think that?

I said nobody seems to want it, it wasn't a blanket statement. But going by nearly every comment we read on every Crysis article it seems every single one of them are slating Crytek and slating Crysis.

Of course some people will have enjoyed the game and may well be looking forward to the sequel but the general consensus, going by what we've seen on here and other posts, seems to be that nobody likes Crysis that much.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby Drusus » 18 Jun 2012, 11:38

That was it, the moment the kickstarter bubble was burst by a big corporation. They have probably started work on it and want a cash injection and a publicity scheme.

If you don't have the money but believe in yourself you do a Kickstarter, if you have the money but don't believe in yourself you should go and f**k yourself.

Pathetic. Make the game or don't, you are not an indie dev or a street urchin.

Edit: I didn't read the article, am I going to remove this now I have, no. Lol
Drusus 58

Postby dicky1993 » 18 Jun 2012, 11:42

typical cvg poster behaviour though eh? we'll slag of crysis but buy it day 1 aha & i think they should do a HD remake of the first 2 and see how that fares, use money from that to fund 4 !
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby eastldn » 18 Jun 2012, 11:49

just make it. bring it out.market it. we will buy it. just dont expect 1million sales in 1 day and say we are never making another timesplitters again.
eastldn 43

Postby nathar » 18 Jun 2012, 11:53

Sadly i think this is the way kickstarter will go - big companies effectively blackmailing their customer base into stumping up ahead of time.

I bet Kotick is watching and cackling. The cackling would be incidental, i just imagine he cackles a lot.
nathar 47

Postby Paul_27 » 18 Jun 2012, 11:56

sorry guys but ill only petition it on a proper website not this social network crap
Paul_27 29

PSN ID: x_vodka_paul_x

Next