Skyrim: Dawnguard's new features revealed

Your comments on our articles.

Crossbows, new perks, and epic mounts in Dawnguard's all-new campaign

At the end of 2011 Bethesda opened Skyrim up to their annual Game Jam. The developers at Bethesda's studio added Kinect support, horseback combat and other features we've already seen in 2012's patches, but the bulk of the Game Jam's experiments are a part of Skyrim's first major DLC.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Skyrim: Dawnguard's new features revealed

Postby Da Green Fungus » 09 Jun 2012, 14:36

Ok so this looks good and i`m sure i will enjoy it, but i am hoping for more in the future. Give me shivering isles, new dadric realms and princes, it`s the most interesting aspect of the elderscrolls universe why so little focus on it?
Da Green Fungus 7

Re: Skyrim: Dawnguard's new features revealed

Postby sbradley88 » 09 Jun 2012, 15:42

Didn't care about the lycan form in vanilla skyrim, won't care about/for vampire form.

Would love to see a Van Helsing style fight between lycan and vampire though :-D
I choose Van Helsing because Underworld is s**t.
sbradley88 59

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 09 Jun 2012, 16:44

I was honestly expecting more than this when they were talking about making more epic than Shivering Isles expansion packs. The quest doesn't exactly interest me as the vamps never have and crossbows are something they shouldn't have even cut post-morrowind, now they're actually bringing back in the form of dlc? What's next? A dark brotherhood quest with spears and another small time race with throwing stars?
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby KMakawa » 09 Jun 2012, 17:14

Yeahh, Its seems to be a niché thing or I completely didnt 'get it' but I too didnt go for Werewolf form or Vampire form in Skyrim, purely because it would limit it me to a certain path of which I didnt like.

So I guess i'll get Dawnguard, play on the Dawnguard side of things - but flying around as a vampire or werewolf, just doesnt look interesting to me.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes!
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 65
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby corkscru74 » 09 Jun 2012, 18:20

KMakawa wrote:Yeahh, Its seems to be a niché thing or I completely didnt 'get it' but I too didnt go for Werewolf form or Vampire form in Skyrim, purely because it would limit it me to a certain path of which I didnt like.

Yeah, I couldn't find a use for werewolf form. I felt it was under powered by the time I got it. Like the idea of leveling up a skill-tree for it though, would give more reason to use it. On a roleplaying level I played a (mostly) good Nord and turning into a werewolf in town for some mayhem didn't really fit. Would be good if the transformations weren't always voluntary and you only have limited control, like you were hulking out :lol:
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Postby freds1 » 09 Jun 2012, 22:15

It seems to me that they included werewolves only because people were demanding it, well maybe not demanding but it was requested by outspoken fans. Just wish they put more thought behind it at first (Like it's own perk tree for example) because I can't really find a good use for it either, it's seriously underpowed imo. There's nothing it can do, bar looking badass running around as a werewolf licking your own balls, that a normal character can't in terms of killing, it's all show. Same as vampirism, both seem to limit your character without offering anything much to compensate. It's much less of a hassle to be a normal dovakin, unless you are RP'ing. Anyway it looks like these will be enhanced with Dawnguard, and will make playing as either one fun and worthwhile.
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ Eeeeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyyy
ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op
(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op
〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op
(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppa Gangnam Style
freds1 57

Postby flash501 » 10 Jun 2012, 00:30

The Shivering Isles was possibly the greatest bit of dlc I have ever played so I'm going to give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt here. Dawnguard will almost certainly be a game in itself!
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby gayrath » 11 Jun 2012, 09:30

Vampyrism in Skyrim is frankly a pain in the arse. It is much more hardcore then Oblivion in terms of restricting your character and making travelling and playing hard. The only reason I stayed with being a werewolf was the protection from deseises perk which protected me from becomming a bloody vampre! Plus it was always hilarious to transform in the middle of a big town and watch the people run.

I'm really looking forward to the dlc. Improving the werewolf and vampire storylines is what both really need.
gayrath 38

Postby Frypot » 11 Jun 2012, 19:52

Hope there will be A) More than one type of crossbow. I.E basic crossbow then iron, steel, ebony, orcish ect and they are craft-able.
Frypot 19

Postby nakedian » 12 Jun 2012, 00:18

Boo to werewolves and vampires! What's wrong with more great story line with the option to become either.
nakedian 3
New user

Postby monkeybiscuit » 12 Jun 2012, 08:08

I really hope I wont be forced to become a werewolf when I choose the dawnguard side.
monkeybiscuit 7

Postby richomack360 » 12 Jun 2012, 09:01

Yeah I dont want to become a werewolf..again....

Can't i just harvest loads of garlic and then proceed to throw it at passing blood suckers ?
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby MattyR95 » 13 Jun 2012, 15:02

I liked being a werewolf. The occasional snide comment from guards, no diseases, the speed and tearing into guards etc. That Vampire lord form thing looks alright. I'm gonna join the vampires first, see if they can actually shut out the sun, it'd make travelling much easier I suppose.
MattyR95 55

Postby Gamingsince83 » 13 Jun 2012, 15:30

AWWW No Horse armour!
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised
Gamingsince83 20

Xbox Live: Huge Hands Hanz

Postby Keltrick » 15 Jun 2012, 09:21

flash501 wrote:The Shivering Isles was possibly the greatest bit of dlc I have ever played so I'm going to give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt here. Dawnguard will almost certainly be a game in itself!

I really doubted this before, and since then they've stated it won't be as large. Not every bit of DLC has to be expansion worthy, and I honestly wouldn't expect it from the first one. I believe we'll be getting a Shivering Isles sized DLC at some point (or at least would call it a HUGE step back if we didn't) but I'm also expecting quest expansions like this thrown in.
Keltrick 1
New user

Next