to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

World exclusive: CVG interviews Hideo Kojima at E3

Your comments on our articles.

The Metal Gear visionary on Tweet controversies, Japan's curse and his next project

E3 2012 might not have been entirely lacking in Metal Gear but the long-hoped-for appearance of Metal Gear 5, even in the form of a teaser video, never materialised. Fortunately, we got the opportunity to sit down with the daddy of the series, Hideo Kojima, to ask about the future of Snake, his mysterious Project Ogre and when we can expect to see it in action.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

World exclusive: CVG interviews Hideo Kojima at E3

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 17:20

"One thing about Japan, and this isn't just games, is that things made in Japan are very much targeted at Japan, whether it's games, movies or novels. "

GOOD, the industry needs diversity

"My generation is now being exposed to a wide range of influences, that's why what I want to make is a little bit more in tune with what people in the West will like"

So your selling out? You realize the west has its own issues with diversity, and such..........

ZOE, is heavily japanese, so I am glad he isnt effecting other teams at his studio

I see things at the west all made for the west so let me reverse this?

How come the west cant make things that japan likes? I only see indies doing that
stealth 47

Re: World exclusive: CVG interviews Hideo Kojima at E3

Postby Jimmy Luxury » 08 Jun 2012, 22:25

I had no idea he was turning 50. He has aged extremely well. In terms of his games, I'm always curious about what Mr K is doing, the more bat-s**t crazy and Japan-centric the better. I think the next gen of consoles/PC hardware will allow him to play a little more with story and AI, which is what I think will be the most important thing about next-gen gaming.
Bring back Super Skidmarks. Cow racing FTW.
Jimmy Luxury 48

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 22:28

Jimmy Luxury wrote:I had no idea he was turning 50. He has aged extremely well. In terms of his games, I'm always curious about what Mr K is doing, the more bat-s**t crazy and Japan-centric the better. I think the next gen of consoles/PC hardware will allow him to play a little more with story and AI, which is what I think will be the most important thing about next-gen gaming.

he doesnt like that anyumore
stealth 47

Postby roland82 » 12 Jun 2012, 18:30

Good interview, thanks.
roland82 58