to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

"BREAKING": The ten headlines that rocked E3

Your comments on our articles.

We look back on a week of brilliant surprises and shocking meltdowns

While E3 attendees may be leaving Los Angeles with an underlying lack of fulfilment, the event still managed to shake up the industry with some vital developments. CVG looks back at the ten best.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby ensabahnur » 08 Jun 2012, 16:37

Jesus Christ CVG, do we really need a separate page for each of these when the actual print is less than 1 inch?
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 16:38

Actually since E3 playtests of the wii u has deemed it awesome, and the system has about 5 killer apps according to other analysts, of course its easier to just forget all that and hate

I suppose this site never learns..........
stealth 47

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 16:39

oh and fyi most game companies stocks are down and have been since before E3

this site insinuating that the stock price has something to do with a bad conference is beyond stupid, not only singling out nintendo is dumb since before every single system launch in there history the stock is down......and then rises after launch when they do unbelievable
stealth 47

Re:

Postby StonecoldMC » 08 Jun 2012, 16:52

Seriously, give it a rest.

There is nothing Stealthy about your posts, Sledgehammer would be more appropriate.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Re:

Postby wwinterj » 08 Jun 2012, 16:56

I agree with everything said in these articles. I'd number them that way also. Nintendo was disappointing and really deserves it's spot at number 2. Not really making me want to buy there new console with there press conference.
wwinterj 49

Re:

Postby corkscru74 » 08 Jun 2012, 17:02

ensabahnur wrote:Jesus Christ CVG, do we really need a separate page for each of these when the actual print is less than 1 inch?

Yes, because advertisers pay by the 'page view' :D
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Re:

Postby frazzerr » 08 Jun 2012, 17:09

Actually since E3 playtests of the wii u has deemed it awesome, and the system has about 5 killer apps according to other analysts, of course its easier to just forget all that and hate

Dude, are you honestly telling me that Nintendo had a good E3 ? Their conference was p*sh poor, they could have won E3 out right if they had presented the WII U in a better manner than they did it was underwhelming at best. So CVG is bashing Nintendo when they are only pointing out fact ? Take of your fan boy glasses for a minute and analysis the conference for a neutral stand point and am sure you would agree Nintendo failed to build hype for the WII U and present it in a exciting way. What would you like to happen ? Nintendo being praised for a sub par showing just because it's Nintendo, grow up !
frazzerr 44

PSN ID: frazzerr_1

Re: Re:

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 17:17

StonecoldMC wrote:Seriously, give it a rest.

There is nothing Stealthy about your posts, Sledgehammer would be more appropriate.

Good sir, am I allowed to say how i feel once? I wasnt planning on posting again
stealth 47

Re:

Postby Rob Crossley » 08 Jun 2012, 17:20

Okay, we can change this to just a few pages if you want, but genuinely it doesn't look as good!

I can change it to two pages, and if you don't like the look of it I'll change it back.

Up to you guys really.
Associate Editor, CVG
Opinions above are my own, not employer's.
Rob Crossley
CVG Staff

Re:

Postby yodalicious » 08 Jun 2012, 19:15

In regards to the biggest no-shows for E3, where the hell is Thief 4? Believe this was announced May 2009!!! 3 years later and nothing. That is one that has fallen through the cracks imo. Watch Dogs as number one headline, totally agree. Best in show. As for the ten page thing, doesn't bother me.
yodalicious 48

PSN ID: Yodalicious

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 20:05

frazzerr wrote:

Dude, are you honestly telling me that Nintendo had a good E3 ? Their conference was p*sh poor, they could have won E3 out right if they had presented the WII U in a better manner than they did it was underwhelming at best. So CVG is bashing Nintendo when they are only pointing out fact ? Take of your fan boy glasses for a minute and analysis the conference for a neutral stand point and am sure you would agree Nintendo failed to build hype for the WII U and present it in a exciting way. What would you like to happen ? Nintendo being praised for a sub par showing just because it's Nintendo, grow up !

A bad press conference and bad products are not related...........

Sony, microsoft, nintendo had p**s pour conferences. But the wii u product itself is good, and that is reflected in play testings.........

Sigh......people never do learn do they, you doubt nintendo, you eat crow........

happens every time

I hope your seriously posting when the wii u is the number 1 selling console

Ive had too much in finished business with people saying the ds,3ds,wii, ect were doa
stealth 47

Re:

Postby Budly Moore » 08 Jun 2012, 20:42

The most amazing thing about E3 was held together with gaffer tape, nuff said.
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/mogwha][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/544/mogwha.png[/img][/url]
Budly Moore 49

Re:

Postby hi0marc » 08 Jun 2012, 21:45

Completely agree that Xbox and Nintendo wilted, but Nintendo showing up something awesome would have been a surprise imo. Sony did the right thing by handing it over to their independent games and thus kept the games in the limelight and the lack of PS4/Sony products/Vita away from the headlines.
hi0marc 41

Postby alan666 » 08 Jun 2012, 22:06

corkscru74 wrote:
ensabahnur wrote:Jesus Christ CVG, do we really need a separate page for each of these when the actual print is less than 1 inch?

Yes, because advertisers pay by the 'page view' :D

I don't click through them though, the same as those "also on the internet" things above the comments section, why we need images of everything i don't know, it doesn't tell us anything we don't know.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Re:

Postby Mini-Nev » 08 Jun 2012, 23:41

100% agree, it means I have to load 5 different pages and scroll down five times, it stops me reading their longer lists.
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Next