'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Your comments on our articles.

But TV personality thinks this year's whole E3 experience was "a little underwhelming"

Jonathan Ross has delivered his E3 2012 verdict after flying out to the LA event and being put up in a hotel on Nintendo's dime.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby richomack360 » 08 Jun 2012, 13:42

Not an accurate quote from Ross

This is what it should of sounded like:

"It's the Wii on ste-woids"

"Fw-om the other companies I saw some stylish, smart and well-pro-gwammed-looking new games, but almost all were based on old ones"

Well done for pointing out the obvious you flopped haired tit, now how about you go and leave some rude messages on an OAP's answering machine ? Or is, confirmed moron, Russel Bwand not there to hold your hand ?
Last edited by richomack360 on 08 Jun 2012, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
User avatar
richomack360 60
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: 25 May 2011, 08:55
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 08 Jun 2012, 13:43

Is this speech impedimentwat still trying to pose as one of those "celebs" who is a "real" gamer? An audience arse licking tv personality says what everyone else has been saying for days now, whilst being biased because his hotel room has been paid for? Shocking.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
Image
User avatar
TheCrimsonFenix 70
 
Posts: 4225
Joined: 01 Aug 2009, 23:06
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 13:50

The wii u is going to sell out and despite every playthrough being positive and blown away this site still trys to put the negative spin in
stealth 47
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 11:34

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby ladycroft142 » 08 Jun 2012, 13:56

I personally can't stand the Wii U, but if Nintendo paid for me to go to E3 I'd be spouting rubbish about how it's the best thing since sliced bread too. For me Sony had the most impressive showing as Microsoft seem intent on making the 360 into a multimedia device, rather than focusing on who got the console where it is today, the serious gamers.
User avatar
ladycroft142 46
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 21:18
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: LadyLuck142
PSN ID: ladycroft142

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby dustythebunny » 08 Jun 2012, 13:56

'Wii U is the Wii on steroids'

How much was he paid to rake up this boring cliche? Next he'll be telling us that Nintendo's 3DS is like 2D gaming on acid.
dustythebunny 40
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 22:27
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 13:59

ladycroft142 wrote:I personally can't stand the Wii U, but if Nintendo paid for me to go to E3 I'd be spouting rubbish about how it's the best thing since sliced bread too. For me Sony had the most impressive showing as Microsoft seem intent on making the 360 into a multimedia device, rather than focusing on who got the console where it is today, the serious gamers.



I love trolls. You have to be impressed with hating a device they havent even tried and every other playthrough speaks to the contrary
stealth 47
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 11:34

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby jonbwfc » 08 Jun 2012, 14:08

You see, C&VG, you left something out of your story. You left out why we (or indeed anyone) should give a damn what Jonathan Ross thinks. About anything.

Jon
jonbwfc 58
 
Posts: 275
Joined: 05 Jun 2000, 16:14
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby wwinterj » 08 Jun 2012, 14:11

I don't understand this. He says Sony and Microsoft were showing all sequels and that's a bad thing but Nintendo showing things like Mass Effect 3 is great.... come to think of it I do understand it. There paying for him so scratch that. :lol:

For the most part though he sums up how I feel.
Image
Image
User avatar
wwinterj 51
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 22:47
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: wwinterj
PSN ID: wwinterj

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby ladycroft142 » 08 Jun 2012, 14:12

stealth wrote:
ladycroft142 wrote:I personally can't stand the Wii U, but if Nintendo paid for me to go to E3 I'd be spouting rubbish about how it's the best thing since sliced bread too. For me Sony had the most impressive showing as Microsoft seem intent on making the 360 into a multimedia device, rather than focusing on who got the console where it is today, the serious gamers.



I love trolls. You have to be impressed with hating a device they havent even tried and every other playthrough speaks to the contrary


Well the Wii got raving reviews, I tried it and it was a gimicky piece of ****. So forgive me for not being like OMG I'm sooooooooo super excited!
Last edited by ladycroft142 on 08 Jun 2012, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ladycroft142 46
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 21:18
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: LadyLuck142
PSN ID: ladycroft142

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby TheLastDodo » 08 Jun 2012, 14:13

stealth wrote:
ladycroft142 wrote:I personally can't stand the Wii U, but if Nintendo paid for me to go to E3 I'd be spouting rubbish about how it's the best thing since sliced bread too. For me Sony had the most impressive showing as Microsoft seem intent on making the 360 into a multimedia device, rather than focusing on who got the console where it is today, the serious gamers.



I love trolls. You have to be impressed with hating a device they havent even tried and every other playthrough speaks to the contrary


:lol:

COMMENT OF THE YEAR

Give stealth the award now, the irony is killing me.
TheLastDodo 77
 
Posts: 15839
Joined: 07 Jan 2011, 15:26

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 14:15

Actually no it didnt. People didnt get the wii mote during playtestings, and then after launch the casuals ate it up first then hardcore.

This time there hasnt been a negative playtest
stealth 47
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 11:34

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby Bryanee1983 » 08 Jun 2012, 14:21

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:Is this speech impedimentwat still trying to pose as one of those "celebs" who is a "real" gamer?


Posing? Ross is a real gamer. You only have to see his game/full on geek room to know hes probably more of a gamer than most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqThGlynsus
Right now, I'm letting you live. And I'll continue to keep you alive...until you've grown enough to become worth killing.♠
Joined 2001
User avatar
Bryanee1983 59
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 16:11
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby silversun_111 » 08 Jun 2012, 14:32

My opinion of the Wii and Nitendo was that they were very inventive and strove for innovation. Now I feel that they produce gimmicks and they drag on with the same old sh*t. I think they have the odd rare gem every now and then, just like their competitors now. That new "Super" Mario looked like the 3DS version, yet it was one of the major selling points of the Wii U, apparently. I actually had all my chips laid on Nintendo being the king of next gen, but I was let down. And sack that Reggi, he is a big pr**K!!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
User avatar
silversun_111 55
 
Posts: 758
Joined: 12 May 2009, 11:41
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby stealth » 08 Jun 2012, 14:36

silversun_111 wrote:My opinion of the Wii and Nitendo was that they were very inventive and strove for innovation. Now I feel that they produce gimmicks and they drag on with the same old sh*t. I think they have the odd rare gem every now and then, just like their competitors now. That new "Super" Mario looked like the 3DS version, yet it was one of the major selling points of the Wii U, apparently. I actually had all my chips laid on Nintendo being the king of next gen, but I was let down. And sack that Reggi, he is a big pr**K!!



1) You didnt watch e3, admit it or else youd never say the HD awesome looking mario U looks like the 3ds game, its not a version , they are completely seperate

2) Your just hating


3) "odd rare gem?" there hasnt been a system of theres that hasnt been either firts or second worldwide at some point


4) The wii u controller is incredible and each play test praises it more than the last
stealth 47
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: 02 Dec 2010, 11:34

Re: 'Wii U is the Wii on steroids' - Jonathan Ross

Postby gmcb007 » 08 Jun 2012, 14:58

stealth wrote:
silversun_111 wrote:My opinion of the Wii and Nitendo was that they were very inventive and strove for innovation. Now I feel that they produce gimmicks and they drag on with the same old sh*t. I think they have the odd rare gem every now and then, just like their competitors now. That new "Super" Mario looked like the 3DS version, yet it was one of the major selling points of the Wii U, apparently. I actually had all my chips laid on Nintendo being the king of next gen, but I was let down. And sack that Reggi, he is a big pr**K!!



1) You didnt watch e3, admit it or else youd never say the HD awesome looking mario U looks like the 3ds game, its not a version , they are completely seperate

2) Your just hating


3) "odd rare gem?" there hasnt been a system of theres that hasnt been either firts or second worldwide at some point


4) The wii u controller is incredible and each play test praises it more than the last


That's a shock! You actually like something!

Well looks like we have our Nintendo version of Jboo folks!
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
User avatar
gmcb007 63
 
Posts: 5478
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 21:28
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]