Activision bringing Angry Birds HD to consoles

Your comments on our articles.

While Angry Birds Space tops 100 million downloads

Activision has confirmed plans to bring Angry Birds to high definition consoles.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Activision bringing Angry Birds HD to consoles

Postby MPH » 08 Jun 2012, 12:08

I can see it working well with Kinect/Move, but let's be fair, most people (that don't own the arm waving addons) aren't going to splurge all that money on Kinect/Move for the sake of Angry Birds HD. Still haven't seen that killer app that will make me buy either.
MPH 54

Re: Activision bringing Angry Birds HD to consoles

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 08 Jun 2012, 12:27

MPH wrote:I can see it working well with Kinect/Move, but let's be fair, most people (that don't own the arm waving addons) aren't going to splurge all that money on Kinect/Move for the sake of Angry Birds HD. Still haven't seen that killer app that will make me buy either.

This.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby monkeyd_93 » 08 Jun 2012, 12:57

MPH wrote:I can see it working well with Kinect/Move, but let's be fair, most people (that don't own the arm waving addons) aren't going to splurge all that money on Kinect/Move for the sake of Angry Birds HD. Still haven't seen that killer app that will make me buy either.

i take it you didn't see the MS conference? They have a kinect game that's a clone of angry birds underway already, so it does work....but makes you look like a tool.
monkeyd_93 35

Postby ladycroft142 » 08 Jun 2012, 13:43

monkeyd_93 wrote:

i take it you didn't see the MS conference? They have a kinect game that's a clone of angry birds underway already, so it does work....but makes you look like a tool.

I take it you didn't read the first part of that sentence? The fact it will work isn't being disputed, rather that people aren't going to splash out on motion controllers just for the sake of Angry Birds or whatever copycat clone Microsoft has come up with.... who looks like the tool now? :P
ladycroft142 46

Xbox Live: LadyLuck142
PSN ID: ladycroft142

Postby gmcb007 » 08 Jun 2012, 14:07

Yay(!) Just what the masses want...hang on....isn't console gaming a dying thing? So why bother porting the clearly more advanced mobile gaming onto our feeble platforms?

Oh yeah, money, lots of it.

If you're wondering what the hell i'm going on about its the lead dev of angry birds who always slagged the consoles off for dying out.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby metallicorphan » 08 Jun 2012, 14:23

so 1600 microsoft points? :roll:
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby gmcb007 » 08 Jun 2012, 14:26

metallicorphan wrote:so 1600 microsoft points? :roll:

2100 more likely. After all this is the best game ever....
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 08 Jun 2012, 14:28

Really. I think there's plenty of good software for both. each to their own i guess.

Quite enjoying playing angry birds on my new windows phone. first smart phone i've bothered with and the best bit is achievements. Make mobile games seem a little more worth while to me. a little bit less of a time waste.

Angry birds could be godd on hd consoles solong as it was in 3d otherwise whats the point. It was built for a touch screen and neither of them have one. Unless its going to be playable with vita/ smart glass inwhich case why not just buy the vita /windows phone version anyay.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby MPH » 08 Jun 2012, 17:03

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:

Really. I think there's plenty of good software for both. each to their own i guess.

Like? If I'd bought either I might try and justify the purchase, but I haven't and therefore don't need to. But like you say, to each their own. I don't feel like I'm missing anything special by not having motion tech stuffed under the TV (bar the Wii of course - even that barely gets used). Friends have both and feel it's a waste of money. Having tried it myself round their houses I can only agree. I wouldn't buy a new console if it didn't have any games that I wanted, much in the same way I wouldn't buy an addon that adds nothing particularly impressive to the gaming experience. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either are useless, just that there hasn't been one game yet that's made me go "Damn I need to buy Kinect/Move for that".
MPH 54

Postby jm3811 » 09 Jun 2012, 06:38

They could use the characters and make something new but it would require a studio like Naughty Dog to develop anything decent. The first AB livery on PS3 was a copycat of the mobile version with poor graphics and it became quickly pointless so that they didn't even bother adding levels.
As it is AB is a game for mobile devices but if falls short of being interesting on consoles. Let's say that Actisision are making an investment but it's too early to say whether it will appeal to many. As for the Space saga, personally I found it very disappointing and I prefer to stick with the original series.
You'll Love It: It Looks Just Like A Telefunken U47.
jm3811 37

Postby AJDarkstar » 09 Jun 2012, 16:14

No one said it would be Kinect/Move. It's not unreasonable to assume it would be played using just a single analog stick.

On another note, the main reason Kinect/Move haven't taken off is that their respective systems weren't originally created with them in mind.
http://ade-hawkins.blogspot.com/
AJDarkstar 47

Xbox Live: A J Darkstar
PSN ID: AJDarkstar
Steam: AJDarkstar