Some Wii U 'launch window' games likely to arrive in 2013

Your comments on our articles.

Nintendo's first-party games won't all be released on day one

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed that all of the first-party games shown at E3 are 'launch window' titles, but that doesn't mean they'll be released on day one.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Some Wii U 'launch window' games likely to arrive in 2013

Postby SuperCinos » 07 Jun 2012, 16:19

Doesn't this article kind of state the obvious?

Surely no one here thought that launch window meant launch day?
Last edited by SuperCinos on 08 Jun 2012, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
SuperCinos 54

Re: Some Wii U 'launch window' games likely to arrive in 201

Postby Im_Money » 07 Jun 2012, 16:28

Aliens is one according to Nintendo's E3 site :( http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/wiiu/aliens was hoping they'd of had it out before Christmas when Gearbox only mentioned that the PC, 360 & PS3 versions were coming out in 2013.

Publisher: SEGA of America, Inc.
Developer: Gearbox Software
Release: February 12, 2013

Haha the article says first party, I only read this part at first "Some Wii U 'launch window' games likely to arrive in 2013" woooooooooooooops! :lol:
Im_Money 64

Xbox Live: Bowling4Phil
PSN ID: Bowling4Phil

Postby andy3050 » 07 Jun 2012, 16:51

What 1st party games? NSMU, Pikmin 3 or nintendo land?

so i'm guessing pikmin will be the only 1st party launch!

jeeeez, nintendo really don't know how to launch a console then do they
andy3050 49

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 07 Jun 2012, 17:31

What a stupid article. Of course the games scheduled for 'launch window' means that we might not get them on day one. Did anyone really need to be explained that?
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Im_Money » 07 Jun 2012, 17:54

Sounds like it'll definitely be getting Fifa, wonder why this was keep away from everything? Even just showing the name or something would of been fine.

NintendoWorldReport - There will be a Madden game on Wii U this year, EA confirmed today at E3. The company also announced that more details about this game and the recently announced FIFA game for Wii U will be coming later this summer.
Im_Money 64

Postby alan666 » 07 Jun 2012, 21:52

What are they on about 'launch window' for most people the window is about a week, it is not a 'launch title' if it released six months after the release of the console, Aliens CM is a killer app for the Wii U but they have missed a trick not having it as a launch title, this is a game i am definitely getting shame it won't be on the Wii U, i wouldn't buy a Wii U just because Aliens CM was on it but with the motion tracker ability it could really be a deal breaker, pity.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby Balladeer » 07 Jun 2012, 21:55

So... wait a few months? By which point what rush there was will have died down (if there's still any after the conference), more games will be out and Nintendo will probably have slashed the price of the thing (hollow laugh).

I'll get it day one still, because I have no restraint and enough people to play Nintendoland with, but if the 3DS launch taught us anything it's to pick a console up a while after its release. (Of course, some people never learn, like MEEEEE!)
Balladeer 78

Postby Im_Money » 07 Jun 2012, 22:24

Balladeer wrote:I'll get it day one still, because I have no restraint and enough people to play Nintendoland with, but if the 3DS launch taught us anything it's to pick a console up a while after its release. (Of course, some people never learn, like MEEEEE!)

I'm the same, god knows how much I could have saved had I just waited a little bit to buy consoles :lol: No point starting now though, give me a release date please Nintendo! :D
Im_Money 64

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 07 Jun 2012, 22:28

Balladeer wrote:So... wait a few months? By which point what rush there was will have died down (if there's still any after the conference), more games will be out and Nintendo will probably have slashed the price of the thing (hollow laugh).

I'll get it day one still, because I have no restraint and enough people to play Nintendoland with, but if the 3DS launch taught us anything it's to pick a console up a while after its release. (Of course, some people never learn, like MEEEEE!)

You've been playing on 10yr old hardware as it is, so I think you've waited more than long enough :P kidding aside, this is going to be a huge jump for you, especially with it being more powerful than PS3/360. Worst case if it's quiet in the 1st 6months, you'll have backwards compatibility anyway.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Postby Balladeer » 08 Jun 2012, 07:21

cult, that you? :wink:

I don't know how much the power jump will mean to be honest. Obviously I can appreciate the shinies, but so far they haven't really shown off anything that made me think, "Even if this was in SD it couldn't be done on the Wii." No hordes of enemies, no astonishing physics, no massive open worlds. The only thing that made me think "POWAAAAAH" was having four Pikmin commanders with armies wandering around at once: even then, we don't know if they'll have 100 each, or between the four.

I suppose that later games will make better use of the console's innards, while current games are concentrating on using the controller. But damn it, I want both!
Balladeer 78

Postby racxie » 09 Jun 2012, 09:04

He also talked about the future of Retro Studios, the team behind Metroid Prime, whose last game was Donkey Kong Returns in 2010. "Rest assured, the team is hard at work. But I'm not gonna tell you what they're working on."

For the love of God, please be a new first-person Metroid game.
Previously dark_gamer - CVG forumite since October 2003 :)
racxie 29

Xbox Live: Racxie
PSN ID: Racxie
Wii Code: Own but not online.
Steam: Racxie
xFire: Racxie

Postby stealth » 09 Jun 2012, 11:22

if the system releases the end of november that makes sense if the launch window is 3 months
stealth 47

Postby Balladeer » 09 Jun 2012, 12:27

racxie wrote:
He also talked about the future of Retro Studios, the team behind Metroid Prime, whose last game was Donkey Kong Returns in 2010. "Rest assured, the team is hard at work. But I'm not gonna tell you what they're working on."

For the love of God, please be a new first-person Metroid game.

I don't care what they're working on - it'll be amazing regardless. Hell, if Retro got their hands on Wii Fit I'd buy it.
Balladeer 78

Postby stealth » 09 Jun 2012, 12:28

retro will show there game when they are ready
stealth 47

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 09 Jun 2012, 12:41

Balladeer wrote:cult, that you? :wink:

I don't know how much the power jump will mean to be honest. Obviously I can appreciate the shinies, but so far they haven't really shown off anything that made me think, "Even if this was in SD it couldn't be done on the Wii." No hordes of enemies, no astonishing physics, no massive open worlds. The only thing that made me think "POWAAAAAH" was having four Pikmin commanders with armies wandering around at once: even then, we don't know if they'll have 100 each, or between the four.

I suppose that later games will make better use of the console's innards, while current games are concentrating on using the controller. But damn it, I want both!

I wouldn't worry about it. The games will come that's a given. Worst case you get a load of ports? There are literally s**t loads of amazing games you've missed out on this gen, I hope they make it onto the Wii-U so you get to experience some of the best.

It took ages for the PS3 and 360 to get going. Give it 12months tops and I reckon you'll be blown away.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Next